State vs Jason Young 2-17-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear an eight womens shoe. All I said was 'years ago, when I bought a pair of men's boots for myself, I wore smaller than an eight in a men's size. I recall the salesman telling me, back then anyway, that usually men's shoes ran bigger than ladies shoes, so just cuz I wore an eight in ladies, didin't necessarily mean I'd wear an eight in men's.

Hubby had no trouble sticking his size 12's, like jason young, sometimes 12's are too tight on hubby, so he too might have a couple 13's in his closet, but hubby had no trouble sticking his feet into my eight, athletic type Ryka shoe, but for his heels sticking out in the back. Not *down*, just out.

I was going from memory of what you did... I hope I didn't state anything wrong. Otto was the one questioning your test.

Isn't that their job?

Yes, it is their job. I think GrammyJean and I have a tendency to think with our hearts and not our heads at times. It's just so nasty for anybody to try to take down an entirely innocent person just for the sake of keeping their client off of death row.

I'm shocked they didn't have this poor baby checked by a doctor.

She was checked over by EMS after MF brought her out of the house, her vitals were checked, the EMS guy checked her for any bruising, cuts, scrapes or broken bones, determined none existed, she was not in any physical pain, she was given fluids and fed granola bar(s), and then later that evening there was a child psychologist available at MF's house.

Absolute truth is hard to get in a circumstancial case... I like to view the 'big puzzle' with the pile of circumstancial evidence that just happens to point to JY on the very night his wife is slaughtered.

Again, I agree.
But the state seems to be injecting a few non-fact issues to round out their case. The gloves and medication are 2 that they have chosen to include in their theory but there is no factual evidence or proof of either.
I absolutely think he's guilty but I want him found guilty on the facts, without a doubt, so that everybody will know that he's guilty when it's all said and done.

Sure but I doubt it happens here. I think the Judge will make sure this is the last trial for this case. Plenty of alternates.

JMO

Are you suggesting that if the jury comes back, and wants to hang, that the Judge will substitute a portion of that jury with alternates until a decision is made?

Alternates are dismissed as soon as the jury goes back to deliberate. Plenty of alternates has nothing to do with whether or not there's a mistrial. Alternates are not used if there is a hung jury, only if there is a juror conflict, or a juror should be dismissed before heading back to deliberation.

Yes, it is their job. I think GrammyJean and I have a tendency to think with our hearts and not our heads at times. It's just so nasty for anybody to try to take down an entirely innocent person just for the sake of keeping their client off of death row.

Double thanks!!! My feelings exactly!

I was going from memory of what you did... I hope I didn't state anything wrong. Otto was the one questioning your test.

I am merely stating that I do not believe that size 12-13 foot size can fit into a size 10 and I don't believe that Jason had size 10 shoes prior to the murder.

I disagree. The jury will be instructed on the difference between direct and circumstantial evidence. They will be told to consider evidence in totality. If there is something that doesn't fit or testimony that isn't credible they are free to disregard it. But nowhere is a jury instructed to think about each item in isolation and then try to think of ways that could have happened in their own lives.

I don't really care how random people analyze cases. I am making an observation on what I've seen and I am entitled to my observation and opinion.

I only care that a jury follows the judges instructions.

Well, of course the jury should look at the totality of the evidence, but they are entitled to throw out pieces of evidence that they believe have no credible basis. In doing so, no doubt they are evaluating whether a piece or pieces of evidence are credible and fit.

Thank you for recognizing that we are all entitled to our opinion.

Nope, you had it right. :) Hubby said, he could have worn my shoes long enough to walk around the house, take the trash out, etc., they didn't hurt his feet, just clung to them snuggly, didn't flop or drag. He wouldn't *choose* to wear them to go out for a walk, but he could easily stick his feet all the way inside the shoe and walk around in them without any trouble.

I am merely stating that I do not believe that size 12-13 foot size can fit into a size 10 and I don't believe that Jason had size 10 shoes prior to the murder.

Well her test kind of shows it can.

Maybe not originally, but I think he 'got' some for just such an occaision.

Nope, you had it right. :) Hubby said, he could have worn my shoes long enough to walk around the house, take the trash out, etc., they didn't hurt his feet, just clung to them snuggly, didn't flop or drag. He wouldn't *choose* to wear them to go out for a walk, but he could easily stick his feet all the way inside the shoe and walk around in them without any trouble.

Women's sizes are typically 1.5 to 2 sizes smaller than men's sizes. That means that a size 8 women's shoe is similar in size to a men's size 6 shoe. I simply expressed doubt that a size 12-13 man could put on a size 6 men's shoe. The shoe width alone would present problems.

She was checked over by EMS after MF brought her out of the house, her vitals were checked, the EMS guy checked her for any bruising, cuts, scrapes or broken bones, determined none existed, she was not in any physical pain, she was given fluids and fed granola bar(s), and then later that evening there was a child psychologist available at MF's house.

BBM. iirc, this is new information that wasn't said at the last trial. I look forward to hearing more about this psychologist.

JMO

Shoes are still driving us all crazy. I believe these size 12 Orbitals are the best physical evidence that can link JY to crime scene. I hope the PT does not muddy the waters with a suggestion that another person was part of the crime. I think they need to put forth a theory that one person wearing two shoes did that crime. I happen to believe that was the case. I think it would be the most reasonable theory for the jury to infer.

BBM. iirc, this is new information that wasn't said at the last trial. I look forward to hearing more about this psychologist.

JMO

Is Meredith's undergrad degree in psychology?

Do we have a picture of jasons foot? I know its out there somewhere! TIA

Women's sizes are typically 1.5 to 2 sizes smaller than men's sizes. That means that a size 8 women's shoe is similar in size to a men's size 6 shoe. I simply expressed doubt that a size 12-13 man could put on a size 6 men's shoe. The shoe width alone would present problems.

I agree, Otto. I wear 11's and I couldn't get into a 9. If it were a open heel, maybe I could.

Cody, you should go back and read my original post.

No where do I say people don't get to have their own opinions.

And if you pay attention to what I actually wrote, you will see I discuss how many people look at circumstantial evidence. Not all people.

If you think looking at each item of evidence in a vacuum is the proper way to evaluate circumstantial evidence (and I don't think you believe this) then we'll just have to disagree on that.

JMO

MF testified at this trial that there was a psychologist there in the evening but by that time CY had shut down.

Are you suggesting that if the jury comes back, and wants to hang, that the Judge will substitute a portion of that jury with alternates until a decision is made?

Alternates are dismissed as soon as the jury goes back to deliberate. Plenty of alternates has nothing to do with whether or not there's a mistrial. Alternates are not used if there is a hung jury, only if there is a juror conflict, or a juror should be dismissed before heading back to deliberation.

Alternates are dismissed when a Judge dismisses them.

A Judge also has the authority to enter a verdict on behalf of the jury.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member