State vs Jason Young 2-17-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CY also *allegedly* told a little boy classmate (at some point years later) that she had a secret to tell him but he couldn't tell anyone. And then she told him that "her daddy killed her mommy." Little boy went home and told his mom, which is how this secret got out.

Note: I said allegedly. It's what I heard. I don't know if it's true or not. It has not come up in testimony, it has not been mentioned in a courtroom. But if she did say such a thing, it implies that she at least knows what happened (possibly remembers some).

I wear an eight womens shoe. All I said was 'years ago, when I bought a pair of men's boots for myself, I wore smaller than an eight in a men's size. I recall the salesman telling me, back then anyway, that usually men's shoes ran bigger than ladies shoes, so just cuz I wore an eight in ladies, didin't necessarily mean I'd wear an eight in men's.

Hubby had no trouble sticking his size 12's, like jason young, sometimes 12's are too tight on hubby, so he too might have a couple 13's in his closet, but hubby had no trouble sticking his feet into my eight, athletic type Ryka shoe, but for his heels sticking out in the back. Not *down*, just out.

Thanks for the experiment with your DH. I also bought a pair of mens shoes years ago and had to go 2 sizes smaller, so I think that's a good rule of thumb.

CY also *allegedly* told a little boy classmate (at some point years later) that she had a secret to tell him but he couldn't tell anyone. And then she told him that "her daddy killed her mommy." Little boy went home and told his mom, which is how this secret got out.

Note: I said allegedly. It's what I heard. I don't know if it's true or not. It has not come up in testimony, it has not been mentioned in a courtroom. But if she did say such a thing, it implies that she at least knows what happened (possibly remembers some).

Even if it's true it may not mean much. If it did happen years later then her memory could have been manipulated, even unintentionally, by MY's family.

It occurred to me, possible CY had been sleeping with her mother. It could have been dark in the room and JY hadn't noticed.

It's coming in!! (CY acting out her mother's murder from her daycare).

Teacher will be able to testify as to what she witnessed CY do.

This is a game changer, IMHO

FWIW, a two year old+ child can remember traumatic events. I was the same age when my mother called me to the bedroom. There was red stuff all over the floor and my mother was wearing a bathrobe I can still describe to this day. She sent me to get the neighbor who called for an ambulance. There was a bit of difficulty finding $75 cash for them to take her to the hospital.

Mom and I never discussed this and I've discussed it with nobody else. (She had a late-term miscarriage). I did not know this until I was an adult.

BTW, this was 62 years ago and there was no 911 and ambulances were pay as you go.

It's very possible CY remembers it all, I'm sorry to say.
I toally agree. I have vivid memories of some very bad stuff that happened when I was around 2 and a half as well. CY knows. jmo

Even if it's true it may not mean much. If it did happen years later then her memory could have been manipulated, even unintentionally, by MY's family.

True. No way of knowing without more info and context.

OMG!

He's going to let it in under the 'excited utterance' rule?

Wow!

fran

BC's daughter said she saw her mother that morning, therefore she was a potential eyewitness to her mother being alive (a crime not being committed in the home). It's the same thing, just reverse.

Brad Cooper himself said 'she was asleep at the time her mother left the house'.

He's letting it in, but will instruct the jury it can't be used to determine id of assailant?

Did I get that right?

Well these things are judgement calls I guess. The jury still would have weighed what the daughter was alleged to have said against what BC said (they were asleep). No judge is going to put a 4 yr old on a witness stand at a murder trial.

Further thought: wonder if it's because in this case CY is part of the evidence. As a witness to the murder, and left alive. Not as a witness whose statements are coming in.

I agree. Cy's little sock prints in the MBR are proving that she was part of the evidence!

Day care worker cannot testify to identity, but can relate the actions of CY.

Judge says witness can testify to conduct of CY; as to actual statements, he wants a preview and defers ruling on objections as to statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur