State Wants Evidence From Casey's Defense Team

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Florida doesn't allow with holding evidence that is planned to use at trail. From either side. If defense has evidence that shows Casey is innocent, they should freely turn that evidence over. The "gotcha' game isn't allowed to be played here.

In the motion, it states that both sides signed some sort of evidence agreement. And then spells out the law, etc.

I guess Macaluso must have forgotten which State Courtroom he was in.

I know it shouldn't but reading about the prosecution's request made me chuckle. Mr Baez has been filing motions left and right. It is nice to see that someone else can too. Wonder if Mr Baez will file a counter motion?

It made me chuckle to Paintr. :)

Wow oh Wow!!!! Is the prosecutor kicking some booty or what? Shut the defense up already.

Looks like Macaluso chanted, "Our Client is innocent and we can prove the body was placed , blah blah blah" a few times too many!
I can't wait for the response from JB and co.

IMO, the only thing I see them handing over on discovery is expert witness depos (plant, insect, air decomp analysis), etc. to refute what the states experts have reported.

I, for one, am glad to FINALLY see this motion filed! I posted a while back on some thread in this forum (questions maybe?) asking why all the released evidence/documentation has been from the PROSECUTION to this point! Wonder why we haven't seen anything that had been turned over to the prosecution.

Can't WAIT to see what they have....if anything!

Me too but Tony & Jessie are probably freaking out..Ya think? :(

IMO, the only thing I see them handing over on discovery is expert witness depos (plant, insect, air decomp analysis), etc. to refute what the states experts have reported.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20838315/detail.html (the Motion)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...k-casey-anthony-evidence-091009,0,57591.story

State prosecutors want Casey Anthony's defense team to provide documents supporting its claim that someone else put Caylee Marie's body in the woods near her family's home.

The state is asking a judge compel the defense to provide names, addresses and all supporting documentation relative to their claim"

The SA is asking for specific documents or discovery based on a specific claim made by a member of the Defense so if the Defense does not comply with that order or request and gives them other discovery what are the ramifications??? Legal Experts?

LOVE it!!!!! That is great news today. :woohoo::woohoo: I'm on the edge of my seat to see what happens next, and more than ready to hear KC's story that will make sense.

I'm getting a feeling something big is coming up and we will see CA/GA on a new dog and pony show prior to the upcoming events! :eek:

I think a plea is brewing
SA is pushing it

I think defense is going to say there was an accident
I think they are going to say that someone helped her with the cover up

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20838315/detail.html (the Motion)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...k-casey-anthony-evidence-091009,0,57591.story

State prosecutors want Casey Anthony's defense team to provide documents supporting its claim that someone else put Caylee Marie's body in the woods near her family's home.

The state is asking a judge compel the defense to provide names, addresses and all supporting documentation relative to their claim"

The SA is asking for specific documents or discovery based on a specific claim made by a member of the Defense so if the Defense does not comply with that order or request and gives them other discovery what are the ramifications??? Legal Experts?
oh, gosh, first time I did the Quote thing, hope this is right.
I dont know what the ramifications would be if they dont provide specifics. Thanks for bringing the above to my attention, i had not read that. I would think tho that expert testimony may be enough to convince the Judge that the defense is laying on the table what they are basing their defense on. Whats a Judge to do?

I would like to know if Calif. (that's where Macaluso is from, right?) has that same kind of reciprocal discovery law. I do think that hiring attorneys from out of state could be like a mine field if they have not become familiar with the Florida laws before they speak in court. And that's what I think happened here.
Katharine

LOVE it!!!!! That is great news today. :woohoo::woohoo: I'm on the edge of my seat to see what happens next, and more than ready to hear KC's story that will make sense.

I'm getting a feeling something big is coming up and we will see CA/GA on a new dog and pony show prior to the upcoming events! :eek:

I know, me too! I can't imagine how we will all feel when the trial finally happens. :woohoo:

oh, gosh, first time I did the Quote thing, hope this is right.
I dont know what the ramifications would be if they dont provide specifics. Thanks for bringing the above to my attention, i had not read that. I would think tho that expert testimony may be enough to convince the Judge that the defense is laying on the table what they are basing their defense on. Whats a Judge to do?

BBM Yup well done :clap:

I would like to know if Calif. (that's where Macaluso is from, right?) has that same kind of reciprocal discovery law. I do think that hiring attorneys from out of state could be like a mine field if they have not become familiar with the Florida laws before they speak in court. And that's what I think happened here.
Katharine

Yes, they do. And this is not something that isn't common in all courts throughout this country. If you engage in discovery it's reciprocal.

I can't WAIT to see this motion discussed before Judge Strickland!

Baez: "I'm sorry judge, all we have is speculation." :)

If all the defense has is speculation, they'd be better off asking for a plea bargain, life in prison in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table.

But, somehow, I don't think Baez would go for a plea.......it wouldn't help build his career. He needs a high-profile trial to run in the same league as the famous defense attorneys like F. Lee Bailey (am I dating myself?) and Mark Geragoes.

If all the defense has is speculation, they'd be better off asking for a plea bargain, life in prison in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table.

But, somehow, I don't think Baez would go for a plea.......it wouldn't help build his career. He needs a high-profile trial to run in the same league as the famous defense attorneys like F. Lee Bailey (am I dating myself?) and Mark Geragoes.

JB has assembled his cast and wants to put on the trial of the century, he doesn't care if all he has is BS and an impossible challenge.

JB will convince KC that she is good and folks like TM will make her feel like they have the upper hand and SA really has nothing.

Little does KC realize that JB is selling her out, big time! He has already grown his Practice in a major major way that was not possible without the KC case and --- win/lose is a win/win for JB, for KC it is a lose/lose but she risks losing her life. :eek:

The same league- Nah, that idea won't fly......... both those attorneys are articulate and skilled at their craft, so that would count Baez out .. :)

This whole debacle has already put his name out there IMO. This is where the problem is in my mind. Isn't it the attys ultimate duty to protect his client? He and his dream team surely should realize that the plea bargain is the only way to go at this point, and I truly believe the state would be receptive and would welcome that. I may be wrong, but taking the DP off the table would be a wise move by the prosecution to stop the insanity. No pun intended.

He said it in open court KNOWING it would be televised and reported upon. It was purely for the cameras, trying to sway public opinion. IMO

Unfortunately, he said it in open court, allowing the SA to challenge it. I'll bet Andrea L is kicking his @ss right now! heh

I napped for a little while earlier today and when I awoke I could have swore I heard Andrea L. scream "OH !"
FWIW I live all the way in Texas...:floorlaugh:
Now I guess I know why she was in such a tizzy...:floorlaugh:

GO Team Prosecution!
cheerleader.gif

I napped for a little while earlier today and when I awoke I could have swore I heard Andrea L. scream "OH !"

GO Team Prosecution!
cheerleader.gif

I just love it . .
Thanks for the belly laugh!

GO Team Prosecution!
cheerleader.gif

Good thing tomorrow's Friday and she doesn't have to go to school!!:rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads