State Wants Evidence From Casey's Defense Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A few thoughts:

The only thing the defense can do a the moment in response to SA's motion is to file an objection. If the defense has anything at all that they intend to introduce at trial or have any of their witnesses testify to...they will have to turn it over to prosecution. They may do their best in dragging their feet in providing it, but provide it they must.

As to TM's statement....I'm fairly certain he can say just about anything he wants to trying to argue their motion; although an officer of the court, this was for argument purposes only, and the judge wouldn't be making his decision or relying solely on that one statement.

I will be very surprised if there is a plea....I think the defense has to take this to trial for a variety of reasons, some for legal & strategic reasons; not the least of which is all the PR this will bring to the players involved.

YES!! I knew LB had it in her. :)

Makes you wonder if JB only read the discovery rule up to the part where it said all the great info the State had to give him if he filed the Notice of Intent and "opted in" to the broader discovery process--and didn't quite get to the part where he had to reciprocate (to a lesser extent than the State, but still...).

Great post! BBM Georgie, Georgie, Georgie. If Caylee wasn't the body in the trunk, who was? If you know, shouldn't that info been given immediately to LE? Their poor family has a right, a need to know.

Sarcasm aside......when GA made that statment he acknowledged/confirmed that indeed there was a dead body in the Pontiac's trunk. Stepped right in it. :doh:

Great American pastime-- putting dead bodies into other people's trunks. Like TPing a house. Just a little harmless fun! Happens ALL the time!

I hate it when people do it to me, though. REALLY f---s up trade-in value.

Wow, this was harder to find than I thought! Baez deposed Tony L, the Amscot manager, the tow-truck driver and 2 other employees of Johnson's wrecker service back in Oct. 2008.

10/27/2008 A NOTICE OF FILING AFFIDAVITS OF SERVICE OF SUBPOENA FOR DEPOSITION (4)/ATTACHED

http://cayleeanthony.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/baez-deposes-witnesses-in-casey-anthony-murder-case/

Baez Deposes Witnesses In Casey Anthony Murder Case

The attorney for Casey Anthony, who has been charged with first-degree murder in the disappearance of her 3-year-old daughter, on Thursday deposed witnesses for the first time in the case, which has garnered national attention.

Jose Baez and his defense team questioned key witnesses in the case involving his 22-year-old client’s missing daughter, Caylee, who was last seen in mid-June but was not reported missing until mid-July.

Among those who were scheduled to testify under oath were Anthony’s former boyfriend, Tony Lazzaro; the manager of an Orange County Amscot, where Anthony’s abandoned car was discovered; the tow-truck driver who took the car to Johnson’s Wrecker Service; and two wrecker service employees, including one who said he was with Anthony’s father, George Anthony, when he picked the car up and said the vehicle smelled similar to one in which a man had committed suicide

Channel 6 News UPDATED: 3:30 pm EDT October 30, 2008

Come on, people! Isn't this going to be like opening your Christmas present early?!? I mean, I was rather looking forward to JB's stunning evidence he was going to "shock and awe" us with at trial :laughbounce:

In regards to their seemingly only evidence of "Caylees body was put there after kc was in jail" -- (If that is the case) I don't see how someone moving Caylee's body means kc didn't kill her.

Sorry, JB, but "Because I said so" isn't the best defense :bang:

I don't think they would be, they were items intended to help with DNA testing in order to positively identify the remains. IIRC

:confused: Why would CA give those to the Defense? Isn't LE responsible for doing the identification work? That was MissJames point I think. I'm asking honestly if there would be a reason why the Defense would need DNA - was it to conduct their own tests confirming that their experts agree with what the LE results are? :waitasec:

Well, if so, then the State would defininately want to see those results I would think.

Several items were turned over to the prosecution in December.They were things JB collected from the A's house and included a spiderman toothbrush [wasn't CA supposed to give that to LE?]. Weren't those items considered discovery? and if not, why not?

Musikman's quote as above.

:confused: Why would CA give those to the Defense? Isn't LE responsible for doing the identification work? That was MissJames point I think. I'm asking honestly if there would be a reason why the Defense would need DNA - was it to conduct their own tests confirming that their experts agree with what the LE results are? :waitasec:

Well, if so, then the State would defininately want to see those results I would think.

NOTE MUZIKMAN'S QUOTE DID NOT APPEAR AS IN POST 146. IT SHOULD BE HERE IN THE MIDDLE.

Bringing the whole story leading to my question above in post 146 forward.

I can't WAIT to see this motion discussed before Judge Strickland!

Baez: "I'm sorry judge, all we have is speculation." :)

Okay, dumb question but here it is: As part of discovery, will the defense have to turn over Dominic Casey's alleged findings, reports, videos, etc.? :confused:

I would like to think this is a 'gotcha' moment for the defense, but I really have my doubts.

Judging by past preformances, Mr Baez will either

#1...file a badly written motion demanding a court hearing and a decision from the judge on how the release of discovery would ruin his defense plans.

#2 Or Mr Baez will demand an extension because he has not had time to prepare his discovery.

#3 Or Mr Baez will blame the state,the FBI, the labs,the US mail, and anyone else he can think of in a Hail Mary, the dog ate my homework play to avoid providing proof.

The judge will accommodate the defense in an effort to guard the purity of the trial and this will fizzle out and fade away until very close to trial when Mr Baez will turn over the bare minimum of discovery to the state.

As I see it, there will be no plea. The SA doesn't need one and no one on the defense wants one. Too many players have their fingers in the pot to back out now. Win, lose, or draw, the publicity of the trial guarantees future recognition, book sales, personal appearances, in other words big profits.

Why did Cindy give those items to the defense? I have no idea. She gave them to Baez some time before Caylee was found, IIRC.

Yes, LE was responsible for ID'ing the remains - Baez gave those items to LE after Caylee was found, he did not run his own tests on them (that we know of). There was an LE Property Form identifying the items (released in discovery some time ago), and several news stories about it. Baez claimed it showed he was doing the right thing.

Does anyone else find it rather ironic that such uncharitable comments end in "God Bless"? :rolleyes:

Okay, dumb question but here it is: As part of discovery, will the defense have to turn over Dominic Casey's alleged findings, reports, videos, etc.? :confused:

Great question. I hope so! :)

I think they only have to turn over what they plan on using in the trial, and if it doesn't help their case, it doesn't seem like they would use it.

Wow, if that's not Cindy posting....its her 'evil" twin then. (sarcasm in check):bang:

No the SA don't need a plea. But it would save a ton of tax payer money and still be considered a win.

The SA can't do anything less then LWOP. Which is most likely what they are going to get anyway. Considering the rarity of women in Florida actually getting and receiving the DP.

For AL, LWOP would be considered a win. Since she is counting those she has saved from DP.

It would be stupid for KC to plead at this point. Considering the rarity of women actually getting DP in FL, the most she is going to get is LWOP.. which is what the plea would offer her. There is also the possiblity that this trial gets all screwed up and she walks. Just like OJ and others.

I think that statistically (no I didn't do the math) she would have a better chance in a trial,then a plea.

Thanks Vicki. That's either her, or somebody pretending to be her just to stir things up. AKA a troll. :)

But it would not surprise anyone, I think, if it were her.

I must admit my first thought was "troll" but it piqued my curiosity enough to go trawling through old stories to find the posts :crazy: just when I thought I was finally getting a reasonable handle on my fascination with this case.

...and editing to say - after further review it's either a troll or an alt. Doing a fine job of it too. Ah jollies.

I would hope and pray that this is a troll since if it is someone from or connected with the A family it seems the poster is only concerned with hatred of the LE and TM/TES, blind support for KC and -- complete disrespect for Caylee. Such venom.

There is no thought of Justice for Caylee, to seek the perp if SODDI but merely a backlash against those that dare prosecute the princess KC.

Sounds just like CA to me, all along. What has changed?

Snipped by me

I would like to think this is a 'gotcha' moment for the defense, but I really have my doubts.

Judging by past preformances, Mr Baez will either

#1...file a badly written motion demanding a court hearing and a decision from the judge on how the release of discovery would ruin his defense plans.

#2 Or Mr Baez will demand an extension because he has not had time to prepare his discovery.

#3 Or Mr Baez will blame the state,the FBI, the labs,the US mail, and anyone else he can think of in a Hail Mary, the dog ate my homework play to avoid providing proof.

The judge will accommodate the defense in an effort to guard the purity of the trial and this will fizzle out and fade away until very close to trial when Mr Baez will turn over the bare minimum of discovery to the state.

Ah, Paintr, I so agree. I wish I could share the excitement here about seeming "gotcha" moments, but what we're actually watching is just a pre-trial dance like an 18th century minuet--where both sides perform slow, predictable, obligatory, formal moves in front of the judge. The only possible outcome of this "minuet" is for both sides to maintain their positions--and stay in the other side's way--before the music ends and the trial begins. Periodically, ill-bred members of both sides may snigger and point and laugh at each other when a dancer stumbles over a step, but it's actually considered bad manners and doesn't influence the judge favorably or affect the dance at all. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back