4 you remember JonBenet participating in the pageant
5 just shortly before the Christmas?
6 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah, there was one down in
7 Denver that she participated in. I don't remember
8 that name. I think it's the one she got this medal
9 at, this All Stars. But she was in that. Patsy
10 would remember exactly. It was in December some
11 time.
12 LOU SMIT: Did you go to that pageant?
13 JOHN RAMSEY: I went to the talent part
14 which is always what I wanted to support JonBenet
15 on, was the talent part of it. So I'd actually
16 gone. Her talent performance was supposed to be at
17 like 3 o'clock and I got there at three
and it was
18 actually ahead of scheduled because she had
19 already done it and she had one off the whole
20 thing for talent
. And I walked in and she took
21 this off her neck and put it on my neck.
She knew
22 that was important.
23 I had always said, you know, you have fun, you
24 know, don't worry about winning or losing but, you
25 know, work on your talent. So that was always kind
1 of like (INAUDIBLE).

I bet PR was really ticked at JR for promising JB he'd be there for her talent competition and then arriving so late that he MISSED it. PR was probably constantly looking at the clock and fretting he wouldn't make it in time. I think she was probably livid when he missed seeing both JB's performance and the award ceremony.

http://www.acandyrose.com/1997BPD-Patsy-Interview-Complete.htm
TT: Okay. During the time that John was gone, was that when you were wrapping the gifts and trying to get all the suitcases packed . . .
PR: Stuff ready, right, uh huh.
TT: . . .and stuff ready to go. Okay. And you wrapped the gifts downstairs?
PR: yeah.
TT: Okay. About how many gifts were you wrapping that day to get ready to go?
PR: Oh, I don’t know. A couple of shopping bags full..
TT: Okay. This is for John Andrew and Melinda. . .
PR: And Melinda and Stewart.
Melinda’s boyfriend was going to be up there too.
TT: Okay. Where were you packing the suitcases there?
PR: Um, the suitcases for the cruise I think I was packing in John Andrew’s room which is that room up on the same area as JonBenet’s room.
TT: Um hum.
PR: With the black bedspread on it.
TT: Okay. That’s John Andrew’s room?
PR: Yeah.
TT: Okay.
PR: We refer to it as his room.
PR: Um, the guest room, whatever. Um, I had two or three black suitcases in there and I think I had my suitcase up in my dressing room. . .
PR: . . .packing.
TT: And were you packing suitcases for the trip to the lake separately or was that all together?
PR: No, it’s not together.
PR: Those were two separate trips. The lake I think I was just packing a plastic bag.
PR: Because we have clothes up at the lake and uh, just taking a few. . .
TT: Okay, where, was, where were you packing the plastic bag at?
PR: Um, if I remember right, I think it was uh, in the laundry room area, right outside JonBenet’s room.
TT: Okay. About what time did you guys end up heading towards the White’s house that night?
PR: Oh, about dinner timeish, five or six or something like that.
TT: Okay. Say between. . .
PR: This is on the 25th right?
TT: Right.
PR: Um hum.
TT: Say between three and six, by the time John gets home before you leave for the Whites, what kind of activities were you guys doing. What kind of, what was the family doing at that time?
PR: Um, I don’t remember. I just remember I was trying to get clothes ready for four people to go in two different places.
PR: Uh, and the kids were playing then I, you know, got them dressed and then we, they were in play clothes and so we changed and got cleaned up to go over there.
PR: And I think I colored my hair. I think I told you that.
TT: Um hum. So that was in the afternoon?

So while JR was gone for three or four HOURS on CHRISTMAS DAY, PR was left at home with a couple of shopping bags of presents to wrap for HIS kids and the packing for the family of four for two trips! And she also colored her hair? She was BUSY! Wonder what she did with those disposable plastic hair coloring gloves? Hmmmm.....

:waitasec: JR said he wrapped presents to take to pre-load on the plane. Why did he leave a couple of shopping bags of presents for HIS kids behind, unwrapped, if his intent was to "pre-load" the plane? If he were my husband, and my husband had a history of infidelity, I'd have been pretty suspicious and I'd have been ticked he didn't help me wrap and pack BEFORE going to "pre-load" the plane.

From the quote above:
TT: Okay. That’s John Andrew’s room?
PR: Yeah.
PR: We refer to it as his room.
PR: Um, the guest room, whatever. Um, I had two or three black suitcases in there and I think I had my suitcase up in my dressing room. . .
PR: . . .packing.

OUCH! I think the way that she says this, makes her sound like she resents her stepson.

Right, Steely. Patsy really meant HE refers to it as his room. She referred to it as the "guest" room. No way I believe Patsy thought that room belonged to JAR. It was her guest room and he was JR's guest. I'm basing my opinion on her using the closet for her fur coats and such. In a house the size of this one, she would not have had to use the closet for her personal things unless she was sending JAR a clear message! Heck, she had her own dressing room, for Pete's sake!

Do we know how often and for how long at one stretch JAR used that room?

Do we know how often and for how long at one stretch JAR used that room?

Well, he was a college student, but his dorm room was only a few minutes away. I would imagine there were plenty of weekends he came home for, even just a night here and there. Maybe he did laundry there, ate some meals, etc. School breaks are a week or more, and then there is the summer. While the Rs spent a lot of time in Charlevoix (and JAR likely had a room there as well), he may have had access to the home then, too. He also obviously spent some time in Georgia with his mother.
The R house was very large, but it didn't have an unusually large number of bedrooms. Each of the kids (JB and BR) had twin beds in their room for when their friends slept over and Nedra said she had slept in JB's other twin bed plenty of times. But when JAR slept at that house, he always used that room.
So bottom line- he stayed there fairly frequently, and for varying amounts of time.

<<snip>>
So bottom line- he stayed there fairly frequently, and for varying amounts of time.

Thank you!

I'm impressed with JAR's well-written observations on the whole 'event' that was presented in his email. So, unless someone else wrote that FOR him, we can surmise that he has a fair degree of intelligence. He sure seemed to spot the 'bogus' nature of the ramsom note right away. The comment he made about answers being more in a persons first "fifty-plus" years of life than in the darkest hours afterwards was very interesting.

This is just an observation, but a lot of kids in his position would have resented JonBenet, for several obvious reasons. But his friends say that he seemed to dote on her. I think its possible that could simply speak to his being a pretty nice 20 year old step-brother.

What, if anything, is known about his general personality and character these days? And what was his relationship like with his father and "flashy" stepmother in the years after JBR's death?

Thank you!

I'm impressed with JAR's well-written observations on the whole 'event' that was presented in his email. So, unless someone else wrote that FOR him, we can surmise that he has a fair degree of intelligence. He sure seemed to spot the 'bogus' nature of the ramsom note right away. The comment he made about answers being more in a persons first "fifty-plus" years of life than in the darkest hours afterwards was very interesting.

This is just an observation, but a lot of kids in his position would have resented JonBenet, for several obvious reasons. But his friends say that he seemed to dote on her. I think its possible that could simply speak to his being a pretty nice 20 year old step-brother.

What, if anything, is known about his general personality and character these days? And what was his relationship like with his father and "flashy" stepmother in the years after JBR's death?

I feel that it would have been very weird for 20-year-old John Andrew to resent/be jealous of his 6-year-old half sister. Yes, Patsy most likely paid a lot more attention to JBR than JAR but I don't think that would have bothered him since she's not his mom. He had plenty of money, he was in fraternity, going to college, easily able to travel back in forth from his mom in Atlanta to his dad in Boulder, etc etc. He was 20 so he probably have liked that his parents were preoccupied with JBR and Burke to worry about him. And from what we've read about JAR, he didn't harbor any ill feelings towards JBR. He seemed to like having her as a little sister, but then you have to determine whether he was just protective, or if it went farther than that.

I don't know much about JAR today. I don't have a source but I read recently that he lives in Denver now. I know that when John was on LKL back in 2006, he said that he was a grandfather now. He said he only had grandsons but he didn't specify whether they were Melinda or JAR's kids. However, you used to be able to see BR's friends on FB, and he was friends with JAR. In JAR's picture, he was holding up a little boy. This was back in 2008 or 2009 so he has at least one child now. Also on FB, his name was "John Ramsey" not "John Andrew Ramsey" Does he just go by John now or did he always go by that but he was called John Andrew to distinguish him from his father in the media?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasfrank
Back