Stephen Powell Arrested in Washington State #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys, I have a question??? Did LE say they'd release more information today?
I thought I'd heard that somewhere..

I assumed there would be some kind of news today.

Steve needs a lawyer so that needs to be addressed.

He is probably livid at the trampling of his rights surrounding his arrest and detention. He surely will have complaints about every aspect of the arrest, booking and his living conditions in jail. As embarassed as he claimed to be when he learned that his computer files and videos had been seized, I doubt it will keep him from inviting TV cameras and a reporter as soon as he is permitted to have visitors. He needs to throw a hissy-fit for the nightly news before he busts!

If we are not going to get any news today, I hope that it's because Steve is spending his time locked in a little room with two-way mirrors,(ahhh, the irony!), running his mouth and trying to blame it all on "love".

I'm jumping way ahead of myself here but does anyone else see that Steven Powell would take the stand and testify in his own defense.

I'm jumping way ahead of myself here but does anyone else see that Steven Powell would take the stand and testify in his own defense.

LOL. He might actually be that stupid. (That really did make me laugh out loud, what a wonderful thought...)

Inside Edition just showed a piece on Susan's case. IE actually played a portion of SP singing 'I'm missing you'. I had never heard the songs, only read the lyrics. CREEPY!!!!

I sure hope SP has no delusions of appearing on 'the sing off' or the 'voice'. LOL!

MOO

wm

http://www.insideedition.com/news/6...d-on-child-*advertiser censored*-charges.aspx

Well I guess it is a little early for news although it is almost 1pm EST...I will have to come back...Take care guys...

My hope is they have found Susan. It would be great if she could be found alive !!!

I find it awful interesting the LE know where SP was but will not say.

LOL I can see SP asking the court to be his own attorney.

But yes I think that he might want to testify. But in most cases any attorney is going to stop that at the first thought. I understand they can be very effective by letting the defendant know just what kind of questions they will be asked.

Without a doubt Lera!

...over his lawyer's dead body! :floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh:

(No, really I can't see him keeping his mouth shut! My apologies to lawyers everywhere!)

LOL. He might actually be that stupid. (That really did make me laugh out loud, what a wonderful thought...)

I can't imagine him keeping quiet although he did get quiet after the LE took his *advertiser censored* and other stuff.

Josh better smarten up if he thinks SP won't roll over on him I've got news for him. I would suspect the fear of SP being put in the general prison population would be a good motivator??

OT:

Kimster sorry for being a pain last night on the Radio Show

Awww Lera, I can't imagine what you did that was a pain, but I get all choked up when I see a sincere apology!

It's because I have teenagers and they have so many things they owe me an apology for. When they finally do it melts my heart!

I'm sure that Kimster's heart must be melting at this very moment!

Awww Lera, I can't imagine what you did that was a pain, but I get all choked up when I see a sincere apology!

It's because I have teenagers and they have so many things they owe me an apology for. When they finally do it melts my heart!

I'm sure that Kimster's heart must be melting at this very moment!

I was a pain, kept asking question's and commenting on chat mucking everything up, making it harder for Kimster to follow chat. I must have posted 100 questions. LOL

Inside Edition just showed a piece on Susan's case. IE actually played a portion of SP singing 'I'm missing you'. I had never heard the songs, only read the lyrics. CREEPY!!!!

I sure hope SP has no delusions of appearing on 'the sing off' or the 'voice'. LOL!

MOO

wm

http://www.insideedition.com/news/6...d-on-child-*advertiser censored*-charges.aspx

Yeah, he really is THAT BAD!! My dog can sing better.

I was a pain, kept asking question's and commenting on chat mucking everything up, making it harder for Kimster to follow chat. I must have posted 100 questions. LOL

Yeah, but it was great. Good questions, and Kimster did a good job of following along. You have nothing to apologize for.

Mr. Cox is now on Twitter, I am following him but will not tweet anything to him. Do not want to invade his time with my banter.

I hope LE is looking into Steven's background find out his favorite places, where he felt safe secure. Did he as a teen have one spot he use to go to a lot. His habits of creature because maybe these will gleam more insight. If SP was the one who took Susan from JP at some point he would have taken her to a place he was most comfortable or knew extremely well.

I don't know. I keep reading this (here), but it doesn't strike me as all that convincing. This is not the Anthony case. Here, the father was nearly 1,000 miles away at the time she disappeared...which in this case, is much more definite. I think if they get enough to charge JP, and his defense tries to suggest SP was involved...they will have a serious uphill battle. And unless there is actual, verifiable, credible evidence placing him closer to the SLC area, they will be laughed out of court.

And I don't think JP will get off by arguing that his daddy was a bad influence on him. I think most juries would listen to that and dislike him even more. He is just not appealing on any level, and that will help sink him.

If it can be shown that SP helped JP 'poison' Susan (if that was the case) or hide the details, couldn't he be charged with "aiding and abetting a felony" which has very serious consequences.

My mind is racing. This man reminds me so much of my ex's brother that it makes me want to puke! No the creep I shared the same family with for five years didn't kill anyone that I know of, but so many more awful things and they have all swept it under the rug and act like he's some sort of God because he does well financially. Please pardon me if I am way off base.

I just keep wondering if SP is so intent to connect Susan and Steven Koecher is it so far fetched to anyone what lengths he would go to in order to make sure that it was believed they ran off together?

Anderson said when she asked if he had any text messages, phone calls or emails connecting the two, Powell pointed out that they were both Mormon and had worked in the same geographic area.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52638750-78/powell-anderson-susan-police.html.csp?page=2

I put nothing past this man now. Nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member