Stephen Powell Arrested in Washington State #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking about this, and I do not think Josh will take his own life. I think in his mind, he only did what was best for the children. In his mind, from what he was taught, Susan was not the best for the children. His feelings of grandiose make him a familiar person to me. My ex often threatened suicide; especially if we were to divorce. It took me quite some time to realize that he would never follow through. Just like Josh, he liked the outward appearance of perfection. I finally concluded that he actually loved himself too much to take his own life. I am beginning to feel like Josh may be the same. Of couse, this is only my impression.

Three things stand out to me about concerns that JP's is not concerned about the welfare of his children: 1] he took them out in the middle of the night to travel in the freezing cold and snow storm without considering he was putting their lives in danger should he get stuck or slide off the road; 2] allowed them to live in a home with his father; 3] shows no interest in helping to find their mother. He should never be permitted to be alone with those children ever. He has shown that he is incapable of looking out for their best interests.

My guess is Susan died in that house and that is why he sold it. jmo

Three things stand out to me about concerns that JP's is not concerned about the welfare of his children: 1] he took them out in the middle of the night to travel in the freezing cold and snow storm without considering he was putting their lives in danger should he get stuck or slide off the road; 2] allowed them to live in a home with his father; 3] shows no interest in helping to find their mother. He should never be permitted to be alone with those children ever. He has shown that he is incapable of looking out for their best interests.

Just bouncing off your post. I agree with what you've said wholeheartedly, but that is what we see. He probably sees the same things but has rationalizations for all of them. It's like we are in the stands at a ball game and he is actually playing the game.

I'm honestly not trying to find excuses for him but I am trying to figure out his thought process for moving forward. What are his options and how can he resolve this to protect his sons and family? That's what (I think) he is trying to come to terms with.

IMO

While saying that Josh "loves himself" too much to take his own life, I do not apply this same logic to his beautiful boys. I think that the boys definitely could be in danger. They are his possessions, and they have been taken away from him. IMHO

Justice with Judge Jeanine on Fox is going to discuss this case on her show tonight.

Just bouncing off your post. I agree with what you've said wholeheartedly, but that is what we see. He probably sees the same things but has rationalizations for all of them. It's like we are in the stands at a ball game and he is actually playing the game.

I'm honestly not trying to find excuses for him but I am trying to figure out his thought process for moving forward. What are his options and how can he resolve this to protect his sons and family? That's what (I think) he is trying to come to terms with.

IMO

I'd say his only option is to tell the truth. He has nothing to lose because they are closing in on him. jmo

Justice with Judge Jeanine on Fox is going to discuss this case on her show tonight.

I would so like to watch this but I'm stuck with 3 family members watching the UNC/ECU game. Sigh...

I would so like to watch this but I'm stuck with 3 family members watching the UNC/ECU game. Sigh...

I listened to NCSU/Georgia Tech earlier today. Ny daughter went to that game today.

I'd say his only option is to tell the truth. He has nothing to lose because they are closing in on him. jmo

Lamb, I agree, he needs to cough up the truth. But I don't think he will until the cops get something from his father. And, I do believe his father has a breaking point.

I am very sure the cops are keeping a close eye on him. Every move he makes, everyone he speaks to, I would not be surprised to know his phone is tapped. The HEAT is on! And it's only a matter of time now.

jmo

Lamb, I agree, he needs to cough up the truth. But I don't think he will until the cops get something from his father. And, I do believe his father has a breaking point.

I am very sure the cops are keeping a close eye on him. Every move he makes, everyone he speaks to, I would not be surprised to know his phone is tapped. The HEAT is on! And it's only a matter of time now.

jmo

Speculation of how he'l tell the truth:

Various tweaks on the truth, but big picture presented (which is what LE need). Perhaps obtained from FBI interview.

I'm Still betting no suicide

IMO

I am absolutely thrilled with this latest development. First and foremost, a true child predator has been removed from the possibility of causing any further harm to his victims. Even if those girls and their parents had no idea what SP was doing, now they do. Their innocence and sense of safety in their own homes is lost forever. It is all I can do not to call him names. Are we allowed to do that now that he has been arrested, with the TOS?

Second, the extent of SP's obsession with Susan is being made public. JP had to know SOMETHING and did NOTHING to protect her from his father's invasive remarks, voyeurism, and advances. I feel even more strongly for Susan, now that I know what she truly had to deal with and how little her husband supported and protected her personal integrity and safety. Those pictures taken of Susan without her knowledge? Kinda makes me wonder if JP helped his father set those up. At the very least he knew about the pictures and/or the remarks and/or the advances. And yet she gave him more chances. I would be ready to be done with him if he was continuing to lie about being serious about his religious dedication, work, etc.

JP has a bizarre personality, at least from what I see. The way, when and what of his public comments - I believe he has some unhealthy dependence on his father, far beyond what is normal for a man his age, and without his father, he is going to crack. Not suicide, but he will make a mistake, probably more than one, without his father-boss telling him what to do. I do believe SP helped JP plan whatever happened to Susan. I didn't before the latest discoveries, but I do now.

The other thing irking me at the moment: JP's slanderous statements about Susan running outside in her underwear: have any of you seen LDS/Mormon women's garments ("underwear")? They are less revealing than any single piece bathing suit I have ever seen and more modest than many many summer outfits. Even if Susan was outside in her "underwear" which is questionable, her body was less revealed than many American women in their outerwear.

My prayers for LE: Godspeed in searching and finding Susan.

So the Powell clan didn't bail Daddy out? Just threw him to the wolves? LOL

So the Powell clan didn't bail Daddy out? Just threw him to the wolves? LOL

Sure looks that way. Maybe they are feeling a little bit like the blue soldiers when Dorothy melted the Wicked Witch of the West!!

There has been speculation that perhaps something happened to Susan because of SP's alleged inappropriate interest in her and that perhaps JP was complicent.

In light of more recent events, it is even more possible that "something happened" (Susan possibly becoming aware of potential unhealthy interest in her children, or any children, "mama bear" maybe challenging someone, threatening to expose someone, or even someone acting in fear of such whether she even suspected, she promised or pretended to never tell) and she was silenced. All just speculation, no accusations, and MOO...

Others have brought that idea up. And I just don't know if I buy it. If she found out it most likely would have happened when she lived with him. But nothing happened at that time.

Since then she has been out of the home and allegedly was reluctant to even visit there. I guess JP or SP could have told her. But I just don't see it as likely.

Maybe one of the kids said something or exhibited unusual behavior that was questioned, or as I said, maybe someone wanted to ensure that no one told any family secrets. Heck, maybe Susan was not being subserviant enough to someone's opinion or liking. Many possibilities...

I really think it all comes down to Susan telling Josh she was leaving and Josh telling her, "Over your dead body!" I think the *advertiser censored* stuff only plays into this as background. The real issue here was control, control, control.

I really think it all comes down to Susan telling Josh she was leaving and Josh telling her, "Over your dead body!" I think the *advertiser censored* stuff only plays into this as background. The real issue here was control, control, control.

I agree. But I also think that "you aren't taking my boys" came into it. Along with the fact that Susan was developing some independence more recently. And I don't think that would have sat well with him.

I agree. But I also think that "you aren't taking my boys" came into it. Along with the fact that Susan was developing some independence more recently. And I don't think that would have sat well with him.

Exactly. SP's father didn't allow mom to keep kids. SP didn't allow his ex to keep the kids. And Josh wasn't going to allow Susan to take kids either. That's the Powell way. The men are in charge, and the women are only good for their bodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor