Steven Averys Ex-Fiancée Jodi Stachowski's Interview with HLN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wanted to say that I felt bad for Jodie after watching her interview. I watched this interview with a few of my guy friends that believe SA is completely innocent. One of my friends, being an attorney, of course had to discuss this issue further. Which he made a few good points... The timing of this interview doesn't paint the best picture of Jodie. The way the interview was conducted was strange to me as well. Like someone mentioned above, there were awkward moments with the camera being on the person giving the interview the majority of the time. think people that are "pro SA" and want him released will lash out about this interview and view Jodie as a liar. Which is so sad because I do believe her, and the Netflix documentary did not give me this impression of Jodie at all. It's very brave for Jodie to speak out. I hope the timing of this interview doesn't cause problems for Jodie. Another issue that I have now is with SA's recent ex fiancé. From what I've read and based off of interviews on MAM, Sandra Greenman is one of Steven's biggest advocate. Dr. Phil is interviewing Sandra in a two-part special on Friday January 15th and Monday January 18th. Dr. Phil is apparently confronting Sandra because her views contradict what Jodie says while she is being interviewed.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...a-greenman-tells-dr-phil-hes-innocent-w161691

I just hope this doesn't cause negative attention for Jodie. She already has been through so much. But just wanted to share that Dr. Phil will be doing a two part special and will be questioning Jodie's interview by talking to Sandra.

I didn't realize they were not still together... The interview I saw with her at beginning of January it sounded like they were together. She had all of his files.

I didn't realize they were not still together... The interview I saw with her at beginning of January it sounded like they were together. She had all of his files.
They broke up because he refused to convert to Christianity (is he any faith?)
But they remain good friends and she still supports him 100%. She is the one who got the new lawyer to take him on.

That said, while she is convinced of his innocence, she does say she may be wrong, and if proven so, great, but that both he and especially Brendan both deserve new trials.

Apples and oranges, imho.

Of course she had a different experience than Jodi. After all, she started "dating" the guy after he was convicted. Being in a relationship with someone who is in prison is much different than living with them on a day to day basis.

As for negative attention? Imho, even if SA is innocent, that does not negate that he engaged in abusive behavior. However, some, unfortunately, are black-or-white, good-or-bad, all-or-nothing, thinkers.

In other words, I suspect that yes, Jodi will likely receive more animosity as a result of that show. That is, unless this Dr. Phil guy puts their situations in perspective by pointing out the obvious disparity in these two women's experiences: one living with the man for 2 years, and another visiting him in a prison for nearly 10 years.

I totally agree with you. I was trying to express that I feel bad for Jodie because not only did she experience the abuse, but now has to live through it all again due to the popularity of this case. And people might not believe her due to to the documentary. I do believe her and it's sad that she felt she had to cover up his true identity. I'm glad she went through intense counseling as she stated in the interview. Thanks for your reply.

My Mother is a domestic abuse survivor. I grew up living in an abusive environment. My father would threaten to kill my Mother, even as to go as far as holding a machete to her neck and telling her he was going to behead her. They have ways of making you so afraid that you don't tell anyone or report anything. I don't know what to think personally about Jodi, but what I can say is, I don't discount it because of what my family and I experienced when I was growing up. And of course the perp can hide the abuse from others, even their own family members. And if the family members do know, they usually take his side or just remain silent.

Not really sure where I was going with this. I guess just trying to give some insight about the behavior of abuse victims. So while I can not say for certain she is lying, I can't say she is telling the truth either. I don't know her personally and I have no idea of all the details. But like I said before, I wouldn't discount it. Someone else posted that even if he didn't commit the murder, that doesn't make him an angel. I agree 100% with that. I've seen the documentary and I even watched an episode of Dr. Phil, talking about this very subject. I am 50/50 about all of it. While I have my doubts of his guilt, I have the same doubts about his innocence. I am hoping to come across as much information as I can that is made available to the public. I feel that we're all not seeing the entire picture, I just don't know exactly what's missing. I do feel the Netflix documentary series was one sided, and the film makers should have made it more detailed, as to both sides of the story. So many conflicting things that I am just baffled. I don't know what else to say or think. Maybe someone here can help me with this.

I'm on the fence as to whether I believe what Jodi is saying in the interview. I question it because, not only did she support him throughout his trial, but also because of the phone recording we heard between them when she was in jail. She told him that when she got out, "...he better get down on one knee and propose" and that it, "better be romantic...flower petals in the tub...and on the bed..." If this was a man who was abusing her, why would she be telling him this? Why would she want to be married to him?

Additionally, I wondered whether her crying and feelings of guilt (when saying that if she had been there this would have never happened to TH) was actually where these emotions were coming from. Or, if the guilt she feels is for him because she was in jail due to yet another DUI and thus she was not there to vouch for him (i.e. alibi).

Last point: Do any of you feel that it is odd that Jodi and Sandra Greenman are FB friends? Jodi obviously believes Steven is guilty per this interview, while Sandra supports him 100%.

Sandra Greenman is the older lady that is or was SA's new girlfriend. They are not in a relationship anymore but she still 100% supports him and still has contact with him.

Thanks Missy :)

She was in the doco-series but I didnt remember her name.

I didn't realise they weren't together anymore.

Are there any interviews from the ex wife? Id love to hear what she says. jmo.

Not sure CM- maybe someone else knows, I haven't seen anyone mention her here too much.

She re-married Brendan Dasseys dad, think his name is Peter.

ETA- I'd be interested to hear from her too!

Missy is correct about who Sandra Greenman is. From what I read (and I will apologize in advance that I do not have a link for where) she is a very devout Christian and she could not get SA to embrace religion. She does still visit him and support him however.

I am with you CM and LC - I would be interested in hearing from his first wife too. Although, I do not blame her for not speaking. I cannot imagine what she went through when her then husband was wrongfully convicted of raping a woman - and she was left to take care of five children alone. I've seen the interviews that his twin sons have given and it is heartbreaking. Such a tragedy this has been for everyone involved.

I am curious as to where this will lead now with his new lawyer insinuating that she knows who the real killer is. To think that SA may be innocent once again, and that Brenden was innocent of all of this, is gut wrenching.

I believe this was an abusive relationship.... however I also believe it is a possibility Jodie was abusive as well. The reason I say this is she is an alcoholic. Very rarely do you come across an alcoholic who is not verbally, emotionally, financially or physically violent.

While she's not perfect, I think it was very brave of Jodi to speak out about everything.

I think she was brave to ingratiate herself into the life of someone who had a likely million dollar sum windfall coming his way on the back of his wrongful conviction reparations.

Oh yes, we all know why she didn't want to let him go at the time.

Casey Martinez has a new video and it focuses on Jodi...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7sn8UxXuCs&feature=youtu.be

:lol: Well that was just bizarre!!!
Haven't come across Casey Martinez before, but yeah . . . weird . . . yet I'm strangely compelled to watch some of her other videos.

Entertainment value aside, I don't think a 6 minute YouTube clip was necessary to disprove the claim about eating 2 boxes of rat poison.
I mean it's a ludicrous claim and I don't think any right minded individual would take that as fact.

FWIW my take on Jodi's interview.
(I thought I'd already posted this, but it seems that I hadn't)

I think a lot of what she was recounting was 'remembered' through a haze of alcohol.
In any situation, I'd wouldn't take events replayed from those circumstances as anything like approaching fact.
I also think it's beyond doubt that she has grossly exaggerated.
We all know that the media loves lurid details and I know of highly educated, extremely intelligent people who have been played by interviewers into embellishing events and stretching the truth to make for 'good TV'.
Jodi by comparison IMO, is very poorly equipped to deal with that sort of pressure and really wouldn't have stood a chance. With the frenzy surrounding MaM I can imagine that networks were scrambling to get a new insight into SA's character - so that's not a good recipe for factual, unbiased reporting.

However, although I think details have been embellished and some accounts (like the rat poison) completely fabricated, IMO there's enough there that rings true for me to believe there's some truth in the core story of abuse. Nothing to back that up, other than my gut instinct.
It's a bit of a double edged sword really.
I have to stand by posters who are applauding her for coming forward, really not easy for any victim of abuse even without the attention around MaM.
At the same time, I lament the fact that her story was so caught up in the media frenzy that we have no way of separating fantasy from truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back