Steven Powell arrested in Washington State

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if JP will try to use his and Susan's house to help his dad?

I thought that too -- but how would he be able to refi without a job? He would have to prove he could make payments.

The other thing I guess he could do is sell the home. But with Susan missing (or that she ran off with someone per Josh), how do you sell it without a lot of legal maneuvers to declare her dead (if the house is in her name too).

On another note - didn't the house go into foreclosure some time ago? Does it still belong to him?

Gotta go look up that one.

MOO

Mel

Funny ... When you Google SP's addy you get Twitter hits from Det. Troyer :loser:

When you corner a rat, they will strike out. Josh and Steven are a rat in a corner. Who will strike first? Dang this could be good odds for a bookie in Vegas.

Joking, I do not advocate illegal betting what so ever!

In my book mouth breather is the same thing as slack-jawed and those are both things that describe Josh when confronted with any serious questions about that night Susan disappeared. His jaw drops, he gets this lost, confused, tripping look about him and stutters.

As a mouth breather myself I have to point out mouth breathing has ZERO to do with character- just saying

I'm as delighted as anyone here to see SP wearing orange, but I feel awful for these two boys. First they lose their mother, then they're moved to a new state and a new house and the lethal psychodynamics of BizarroPowellWorld, where they witness police raids and the arrest of their paternal grandfather, and finally are removed from the home and their father -- who they must view very differently than we do, and undoubtedly love -- by CPS.

I cannot imagine how frightening, disorienting and despair-making this must all be. Who could forget it?

s

Is he so eager to get the court to let him pulish those journals because he has been offered money maybe ?

ETQwq.jpg

Looks like the bail amount was priced purposely above any equity they might have.

:loser:

but I feel awful for these two boys. First they lose their mother, then they're moved to a new state and a new house and the lethal psychodynamics of BizarroPowellWorld

Oh I so agree !
Who knows what these people have told those boys about their mom .

I'd love to hear Josh's mom discuss the bitter custody battle and the "kidnapping" alienation of Josh from her. I think she could shed real light on the controlling, perverted nature of SP.

I respect her decision to remain low key in this case. I'm sure she could shed alot of light on the background of the players in the case, but highly doubtful she could add anything at all that would help find Susan.

From what I've read, she was very fond of Susan. This has to be hell for her too. :(

Looks like the bail amount was priced purposely above any equity they might have.

:loser:

Also, in the details, the year built is 1998, effective year is 1994 - it needs some work, apparently.

Trying to sell the house right now would be difficult for him...lots of newer homes that don't require work and aren't tied to a missing person for sale here.

The hits just keep a-comin'! :)

The karma train is moving at full speed today!

Yep, full speed and mowing the Powells down over and over and over. And I am enjoying the scene ever so much! (Pass the popcorn, please.)

I thought that too -- but how would he be able to refi without a job? He would have to prove he could make payments.

The other thing I guess he could do is sell the home. But with Susan missing (or that she ran off with someone per Josh), how do you sell it without a lot of legal maneuvers to declare her dead (if the house is in her name too).

On another note - didn't the house go into foreclosure some time ago? Does it still belong to him?

Gotta go look up that one.

MOO

Mel

Yes the house still belongs to both he and Susan - he is renting it out.

See my post above with the tax information.

How difficult will it be for SP to get $200,000 for his bail?

Why, with all the women who are so enamored by him I'm sure it'll be a snap! :sick:

I wonder if he has an equity in his house?

I've given this some thought on who will betray the other first. (By the way I think this would be a great poll question.)

I will make a bold prediction and say that Steven Powell will betray his son and throw him under the bus, saying he only learned of the murder after the fact, and will tell LE where the body is in exchange for leniency, maybe that he will not be charged with obstruction of justice, conspiracy to commit murder, etc. (he will still face the current charges, however.)

The reason I think that is because of the following factors:

1. I think SP is already implicated in this crime, and that it was his hard drive and/or journals that discussed Topaz Mntn and even the murder itself.
2. SP is sociopathic, no empathy, no remorse, no conscience. He doesn't love Josh.
3. Josh loves his father due to his father's manipulations that he was the only one who cared about him.
4. Josh has less intelligence (which isn't saying much, but still).
5. SP only cares about himself.

MOO.

To a degree I can agree with you.

But then there is JP. The following is my perception of him, which is based only on the media articles.

JP wanted to be the controller in his HH, but outside the HH he feels powerless. Before Susan's disappearance he relied heavily on his dad's guidance.

Then after her disappearance he moved back in with his dad. So he needed his dad not only for the guidance/support as before, now he needed dad for food, shelter and financial purposes as well as guidance in handling legal problems.

Now dad is unavailable to him. Dad is in jail. And as a result of dad's arrest his children are removed from him. The only persons he has to turn to are his siblings in the HH. And those siblings are also dependant on dad. I would imagine he feels pretty lost.

Now dad doesn't have a job and any money or resources he has will be tied up in his HH, his bond and his legal fees. That leaves nothing for JP.

I would think that it wouldn't take much at this point for JP to cave.

SP however is stronger willed. He is a controller, he expects to control all around him. Either by wit, by manipulation or by force. I think he will try that with LE, and when it doesn't work he will clam up. I think he will decide to take his chances in court.

Funny ... When you Google SP's addy you get Twitter hits from Det. Troyer :loser:
I gotta tell you I've watched Ed Troyer for a lot of years, he's had some pretty intense high profile things to deal with and he has always done so with calm and dignity (including the murder of 5 LE Officers & the Tacoma Police Chief gunning down his wife in a parking lot in front of their children) I have mass respect for him. He really is one of the good ones.

There is also the wet spot on the carpet to consider. I believe JP said his sister cleaned up the spot - did she ever get asked if that was true?

No, his sister did not clean the spot. It was cleaned and had fans running on it when the police broke into the house for the welfare check. His sister did see a red stain on the carpet and confronted Josh about it. She saw through Josh from the very beginning.

I think LE is taking this time to go over the case file and review while letting JP and SP stew. I don't think they will want them to get too comfortable with their surroundings or new life style so in a few days I think something will be said or done to shake them up again. MOO

He does not have custody of the boys so he can't get TANF, or whatever the WA equivelancy is. He can get EBT/SNAP but I doubt any welfare support for himself; if he becomes homeless, he can go to a shelter. His brother Michael, the politico, may take him in, other than that he is twisting in the wind.

According to Chuck's affidavit, Michael is still living at the Powell home along with the other brother, John, sister, Alina, Josh, and the two boys. None have jobs. No income. Maybe if they all got McDonald or Walmart jobs and pitched it together, they could actually make the mortgage and support themselves while daddy is in jail. What a novel idea. Adults supporting themselves without the help of their father!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor