Stonehenge spray painted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, drawn and quartered sounds about right :D
Unpopular opinion but why do you think this sort of punishment is appropriate for these activists? They didn't kill anyone and the stones don't have feelings. I don't approve of what they did, but this sounds harsh

Unpopular opinion but why do you think this sort of punishment is appropriate for these activists? They didn't kill anyone and the stones don't have feelings. I don't approve of what they did, but this sounds harsh
Look a couple posts above mine; I don't actually want anyone drawn and quartered.

They have no brains. Or, their brains have not fully formed yet. The historic value of Stonehenge alone makes defacing it a huge issue. And, they call themselves "environmental activists." What a bunch of baloney.

They just want attention. MOO

Lock 'em up.
One was over 70 years old, and the other was in his 20s. I noticed that myself in the video, on top of most of that paint getting on them, not the stones.

Yes, that would be harsh but people are just venting. MOO

Their crime is more than just defacing stones. Their crime is potentially damaging what little evidence we have of ancient civilizations. These are objects that we'll never get back once they are destroyed. Damaging them is a crime against society.

JMOO

These people are just wild. Just like the activists who destroy centuries-old paintings. For what? A moment or a week's worth of hype?
Though I am not a fan of eco protestors- many of whom probably have no problem using airplanes, internal combustion engine cars, air conditioning when they "need" the convenience, they do not destroy paintings.

The above aside,

The protestors select paintings which are protected by a very strong, yet hard to see form of expensive glass. They then "deface" the painting (well, the protective glass) for shock value- after having arrived at the museum in some form of purportedly climate destroying transportation (cant help myself).

There needs to be a very severe punishment and a strong warning to other activists that their behaviour is totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated .
That is the problem. There was something in the news last week that out of thousands of arrests only a handful( literally) have made it to court.

There needs to be a very severe punishment and a strong warning to other activists that their behaviour is totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated .
There are much worse crimes world-wide that need severe punishment! Look no further than the Crime and Missing forums on here.
MOO

There are also environmental crimes being carried out world-wide: www.europol.europa.eu/crime-areas/environmental-crime

Also in need of severe punishment but unlikely to happen in most cases.

I wouldn't spray-paint Stonehenge myself or throw tomato soup at famous paintings, but I do wonder what people are meant to do to alert the world and their governments to the huge environmental problems facing us today world-wide??
MOO JMO

btw I'm interested in archaeology myself.

Though I am not a fan of eco protestors- many of whom probably have no problem using airplanes, internal combustion engine cars, air conditioning when they "need" the convenience...
BBM
"many... probably" I get your point, but how about some statistics before you write this? It's easy to write. It's said a fair bit.

In a minor way, I'm an eco protestor. I haven't been in a plane since 2015, I've never owned a car and I'm over 50 yo. Haven't driven for about 25 years. Locally I walk and cycle (w/o battery power) or use bus and train further afield. I do use heating in winter but I don't have air-conditioning. (Not heating would actually cause building problems and then landlord problems so not sensible.) I buy environmental and fairtrade products, not exclusively though. I'm not the only person I know who lives like this or similar.
MOO JMO

There are much worse crimes world-wide that need severe punishment! Look no further than the Crime and Missing forums on here.
MOO

There are also environmental crimes being carried out world-wide: www.europol.europa.eu/crime-areas/environmental-crime

Also in need of severe punishment but unlikely to happen in most cases.

I wouldn't spray-paint Stonehenge myself or throw tomato soup at famous paintings, but I do wonder what people are meant to do to alert the world and their governments to the huge environmental problems facing us today world-wide??
MOO JMO

btw I'm interested in archaeology myself.
I help by rarely bathing.

Even crazier! Funds come from an oil tycoon heir? Aileen Getty?

Well Sara Winchester did the same kind of thing. Built the Winchester House because she thought she was haunted by all of the victims of the Winchester rifles invented by her father.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamieleeds
Back