MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also wonder if Proctor and Higgins are fired and/or under federal indictment by the time CW retries this case, where that leaves their confidence in recharging? Neither prosecution nor defense wanted this to go to trial yet but the Honorable Beverly Cannone deemed it so.
Will we hear the outcome of any FBI probe to find out about despicable Proctor and lying Higgins? Both of those two need to face the strongest discipline possible even if that means being fired for loss of trust. BA already "retired" which I imagine was more like a resignation than a planned retirement imo.

Let’s not forget that BH was allowed to have his attorney on the stand with him. That was a first for me.
I wonder how all these players feel to have to answer to public opinion and to their professions for their strange behaviours and actions. They attempted to lay all the blame of a death on KR, the outsider, and yet here they are, lying and conniving for some reason that might not even have anything to do with KR. If not involved in JOK's death, what were they hiding in their homes, in their lives, in their vehicles, in their cell phones, that they had to conceal with lies and deceit. I'm talking about Proctor, BH, BA, JMc, and who else am I missing. When you point your finger at someone, there's always 3 pointing back at you. MOO.

His comment was get the *advertiser censored** off my lawn. The reported stated she was on the side walk. Proctors wife came by and said something to the effect she supports her husband and KR is a murderer. I could not support my husband if he texted like that, mop.
Here’s their video (and report)…

Like most of you, I thought this was an abysmal trial, and while frustrated, I am not surprised it resulted in a hung jury.

Unlike many, I do hope the CW restructures their case and files again because I do want to see cogent evidence led and tested. I want the truth (or at least the best that the justice system can deliver). JO'K, Karen Read and their families all deserve that.

CW if you go forward, lead medical evidence to explain the arm injuries, respond properly to the biomechanical engineer, and fix irregularities in the key times. Explain why Lucky's observations and those of Ryan Nagel should reasonably be dismissed. Find out who owns that car and why it was there. Don't reverse a video, and clean up (as best you can) your stable of witnesses. You can't recreate the chain of custody - but you can and must do better.

The FBI investigation will hopefully bolster the defence's assertions of a cover up since they seem intent on not only achieving a not guilty verdict, but proving innocence (which of course is their wish but not their burden). The testimony of the targeted has been memorialized now, and may open further avenues for the defence to explore.

Canadian obviously with the spelling of defence. Anyway, thanks all for the thoughtful insights you have shared, both for and against.

I’m sorry if this has already been addressed. The fact that cw states they will re-try KR … does that mean they have info regarding how the split fell? Tia
JMO…Their statement about their “intent” to re try this case came out so quickly that I don’t believe they even had the time to talk to the jurors. I felt it was just a saving grace comment on their part.

I’m sorry if this has already been addressed. The fact that cw states they will re-try KR … does that mean they have info regarding how the split fell? Tia
Really wondering that myself. In my state attorneys can approach jurors to get input on how the case went and what was important in their verdict...I would think the split is an important piece of data that would determine their approach to a next trial if their is one. But don't know how this is handled in Ma.

JMO…Their statement about their “intent” to re try this case came out so quickly that I don’t believe they even had the time to talk to the jurors. I felt it was just a saving grace comment on their part.

I agree. I fully expected that they would attempt to retry her, but that announcement was faster that even I imagined.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snathan
Back