MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The brother is holding onto a lot of resentment and anger, even after 2.5 years. I didn't see him say anything to KR after the mistrial, however the look on his face when he glared and sneered at KR sure was scary. I hope he gets some therapy for everybody's sake. MOO.
he did say something to her and her reaction was not good. This got me to wondering if he has taken in the children? Think about them during all of this...

@KathyReports

The controversial @MassStatePolice trooper who was the lead investigator in the Karen Read murder trial was home in Canton when the case ended in a mistrial. Hear what he had to say on @NBC10Boston COMING up at 6PM.

View attachment 514781

Massachusetts State Police Trooper Michael Proctor refused to answer questions from the NBC10 Boston Investigators after the murder trial against Karen Read ended with a hung jury.
Proctor refused to answer questions from the NBC10 Boston Investigators after the murder......
I don't want to hear anything Proctor has to say....

@KristinaRex

BREAKING: Trooper Michael Proctor has been relieved of his duties with Massachusetts State Police.
1719880521363.png
8:31 PM · Jul 1, 2024

Follow up: Proctor will be officially transferred on Sunday, July 7, per the union bargaining agreement. He will then be subject to a duty status hearing to determine what is next: retained on full pay, restricted duty, suspended with pay or without pay.

So this isn’t an immediate firing. It’s a removal from his office pending a disciplinary process.

More information — Proctor is relieved of duty, as in is technically a trooper but not working as one. The disciplinary hearing is a first step in a process that could eventually lead determination, but he is not directly terminated now, nor will he be from that hearing.

Edit: included additional X posts

Last edited:
UPDATE: The Norfolk Superior Court clerk’s office told me because of the mistrial, there will NOT be a juror list publicly released for the Karen Read trial

For reference, here is the 2015 SJC decision about juror lists being made public after verdicts in Massachusetts trials http://masscases.com/cases/sjc/470/470mass484.html

Key language (emphasis mine):"We conclude that the public's long-term interest in maintaining an open judicial process...requires that a list identifying the names of jurors who have been empanelled and RENDERED A VERDICT in a criminal case... be made available to the public.”

Also, even if there is a verdict, the legal decision stipulates when a juror list could be kept from the public: "Only on a judicial finding of good cause, which may include a risk of harm to the jurors or to the integrity of their service, may such a list be withheld."

@RyanNBCBoston
This gives me the chills for all jurors in all trials. Of course people on both sides have seen them. They are not 100% anonymous. In all cases there may be people who resent your decision. Even if unanimous. Somehow they need protection.

Further down in the tweet thread Kristina Rex says:

Follow up: Proctor will be officially transferred on Sunday, July 7, per the union bargaining agreement. He will then be subject to a duty status hearing to determine what is next: retained on full pay, restricted duty, suspended with pay or without pay. #WBZ
----
And....
-----
So this isn’t an immediate firing. It’s a removal from his office pending a disciplinary process. #WBZ
----

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snathan
Back