MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@kirstenglavin

JUST IN: MA State Police Trooper Michael Proctor has been SUSPENDED, per MA State Police.“The department took immediate action to relieve Trooper Michael Proctor of duty and formally transfer him out of the Norfolk County District Attorney’s Office State Police Detective Unit.”
So because he's in a union, he gets suspended from his current duties as a State Trooper, and put on administrative duties at a desk job and out of the public eye where he can no longer be seen as an embarrassment. Could you imagine them having him attend to a crime scene after this! Unless he faces charges of some kind, I can't see him ever losing his job. MOO.

@KristinaRex

More information — Proctor is relieved of duty, as in is technically a trooper but not working as one. The disciplinary hearing is a first step in a process that could eventually lead determination, but he is not directly terminated now, nor will he be from that hearing. #WBZ

8:45 PM · Jul 1, 2024

@KristinaRex

More information — Proctor is relieved of duty, as in is technically a trooper but not working as one. The disciplinary hearing is a first step in a process that could eventually lead determination, but he is not directly terminated now, nor will he be from that hearing. #WBZ

8:45 PM · Jul 1, 2024

Okay, not a big victory, but it is something. I'll take anything at this point.

So because he's in a union, he gets suspended from his current duties as a State Trooper, and put on administrative duties at a desk job and out of the public eye where he can no longer be seen as an embarrassment. Could you imagine them having him attend to a crime scene after this! Unless he faces charges of some kind, I can't see him ever losing his job. MOO.
Just to be clear, I dont know that he is in a union. That's a moo. Thanks and regards! :)

just upon learning of verdict, eh?
As if those two things were related, they are not.
Every time they open their mouths they put massive Wellington boots in them..

high time they started showing respect for the public that pay them.
Another late stage gaslight is egregious/

Updated 3 mins ago​

And it just leaves me asking is everybody living around there an alcoholic?
Respectfully snipped by me.

I was thinking about for the last few days. Sometimes cases get names. This one should go down in history as "the case of drunks in a blizzard". Sadly, lots of things, memories and evidence may be irrecoverable because this is what happens to drunk minds.

I wonder if Commonwealth's money would be better spent on prevention? Open one big AA chapter in Canton, maybe one for Commonwealth Police, hire a good CD counselor (I bet one can find a very good CD counselor in Boston. The best ones were alcoholics themselves and have been sober for 25 years). Make a pilot program, after all. We all understand that lots of issues LEO deal with are PTSD-related, and alcohol may be an "acceptable way" of self-medicating.

JO is dead. RIP. Not all victims get their comeuppance.

About KR, I see some cracks in the surface and I think of how she'll feel when all is said and done, and the lawyers leave.

Perhaps the community has to be kinder and not widen this rift because, after all, there are two young people who have been orphaned three times, and how is it their fault? Nothing good happens to them amidst so much hatred. We adults can survive our squabbles, but the society is still responsible to these kids. It is enough that they had to go through so much grief, no need to immerse them into hatred that adults have managed to generate.

just upon learning of verdict, eh?
As if those two things were related, they are not.
Every time they open their mouths they put massive Wellington boots in them..

high time they started showing respect for the public that pay them.
Another late stage gaslight is egregious/

Gotta say I did not have Wellington's on my BINGO card today!!

@BrianEntin

Full coverage and analysis of Karen Read mistrial coming up at 10pm on
@NewsNation

8:19 PM · Jul 1, 2024

Updated: JUL 1, 2024

Karen Read trial: Mistrial declared​

• The jury tried three times to reach a unanimous verdict
  • Prosecutors say Karen Read killed her boyfriend, a police officer
  • Read says he was killed by fellow police who framed her

(NewsNation) — Jurors failed to reach a verdict in Karen Read’s Massachusetts trial on charges alleging she killed her boyfriend by hitting him with an SUV, leading the judge to declare a mistrial Monday.

The announcement came after nearly 26 hours of deliberation and multiple attempts to avoid a hung jury. The jury first told Judge Beverly Cannone on Friday that they couldn’t reach a unanimous verdict. Friday marked the fourth day of deliberations.

Read’s attorneys said the jury already had enough time, but Cannone told jurors to keep deliberating.

I wonder if Commonwealth's money would be better spent on prevention? Open one big AA chapter in Canton, maybe one for Commonwealth Police, hire a good CD counselor (I bet one can find a very good CD counselor in Boston. The best ones were alcoholics themselves and have been sober for 25 years). Make a pilot program, after all. We all understand that lots of issues LEO deal with are PTSD-related, and alcohol may be an "acceptable way" of self-medicating.
Yes, I do agree people who work in LE may suffer from occupational stress such as PTSD. However, I don't know how the culture at those departments has obviously allowed their conduct to go on for so long. The way they were behaving was entrenched in their everyday lifestyle.
  • Driving police vehicles around town while intoxicated.
  • Driving own vehicles around town while intoxicated.
  • Permitted to be at work while intoxicated.
  • Permitted to hang around work on days off.
  • Leaving badges and possibly firearms in police vehicles because of getting intoxicated.
  • Sending confidential information to old high school buddies about active cases.
  • Going for drinks during work hours while in possession of a police vehicle.
  • Making decisions/conclusions about other people's crimes/lives while intoxicated.
There should have been systems in place to monitor all of the above.

I would hope all these individuals have now hit bottom and seek help, but I doubt it. I believe they will need more than AA because they're so far gone, they don't even realize how absurd it all is!

MOO.

Yes, I do agree people who work in LE may suffer from occupational stress such as PTSD. However, I don't know how the culture at those departments has obviously allowed their conduct to go on for so long. The way they were behaving was entrenched in their everyday lifestyle.
  • Driving police vehicles around town while intoxicated.
  • Driving own vehicles around town while intoxicated.
  • Permitted to be at work while intoxicated.
  • Permitted to hang around work on days off.
  • Leaving badges and possibly firearms in police vehicles because of getting intoxicated.
  • Sending confidential information to old high school buddies about active cases.
  • Going for drinks during work hours while in possession of a police vehicle.
  • Making decisions/conclusions about other people's crimes/lives while intoxicated.
There should have been systems in place to monitor all of the above.

I would hope all these individuals have now hit bottom and seek help, but I doubt it. I believe they will need more than AA because they're so far gone, they don't even realize how absurd it all is!

MOO.
The best part was when BA asked proctor to just leave his lost badge and firearm IN HIS MAILBOX!!!! You know where anyone could find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257