Bahamas - Taylor Casey, 41, Chicago, last seen in at yoga retreat, Paradise Island, Nassau, 19 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m still undecided as to whether there was foul play involved vs misadventure / tragic accident.

I would suggest in general that motives behind violence against gender non-conforming people are often based on the self-serving narratives of the perpetrator of violence. Perpetuators are often unreliable narrators who will shift blame onto their victims while casting themselves as the “true victim.”

Which is to say that I strongly discount the “I was angry because I was fooled by a trans sex worker” excuse as unreliable. (I mention sex work because that’s where the “IDK, I didn’t know” narrative is often raised.)

MOO.
That does make a lot of sense.

In response to her disappearance, friends from the transgender community in the United States are coordinating efforts to search for Casey in the Bahamas, seeking assistance from residents to locate her.

Casey’s loved ones are mobilizing support from her extensive network of friends, particularly within the transgender community in Chicago, where she is well-regarded.

Still, authorities have not confirmed whether Casey was traveling alone or with companions at the time of her disappearance.

Bumping my own to add:

ETA:

Last edited:
JUL 1, 2024
[...]

The retreat is described as a "vibrant yoga ashram offering vacations, courses, and teacher trainings as well as cleanses, detox programs, healing arts trainings, family programs, kirtan and more," according to the group's Facebook page.

Visitors are able to rent a variety of accommodations when staying at the Ashram, including rooms, huts and tents, the group's website showed.

[...]

According to the report, police searched both the island and the area around it. Officials were not able to confirm the type of lodging Casey was staying in during her time at the retreat.

[...]

Interesting. To me, that suggests the possibility of attempting a tricky selfie that went wrong, ie lead to a fall, unconscious in the water, taken out by the tide...

JMO
Or she was feeling creeped out on the beach and was trying to share something with the photo's .

I am skimming but twice I saw "Taylor sent photo's of Taylor at the beach"'
The wording is weird here.
Just observing .

I am skimming but twice I saw "Taylor sent photo's of Taylor at the beach"'
The wording is weird here.
Just observing .

I think the wording may be weird because Taylor could use they/them pronouns (even if not transgender) and the person speaking tripped up and didn’t want to use they/them, but it ended up coming out sounding even odder. JMO

I think the wording may be weird because Taylor could use they/them pronouns (even if not transgender) and the person speaking tripped up and didn’t want to use they/them, but it ended up coming out sounding even odder. JMO
I can see it being this ,except I do not know this to be true in this case so before this issue comes into the thread we should source this information.
Insta, facebook,xtwitter...etc.etc..Any they /them /self proclamations on social media?
We cant keep they ,theming- every leo officer,and msm reporter HAS A DUTY ,So Its up to LE to keep the media informed so all of us are abreast of these things.
.I dunno ..why its worded as it is worded ,but if you have supportive links,please share.

If Taylor is transgendered, at this point in time, I don't see her gender factoring in to her disappearance. The times I've heard of a transgender person being physically harmed is when they have been involved in an intimate moment with someone who is unaware that the person they are with are not female. That doesn't mean that transgendered people don't experience violence because of their gender but someone would have to know they aren't who they represent as.
It happened in the UK look up Brianna Ghee and was proved to be premeditated murder of a transgender child by a child. Details on the Guardian and Wikipedia unable to link due to the paywall

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snathan
Back