student kills self after webcam spying UPDATE: Conviction Overturned

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was clearly guilty on the invasion of privacy charge, but I didn't really expect them to convict on bias intimidation...wow!

What on earth was this kid thinking, turning down a plea deal?

Wow, didn't know he was offered a plea deal with no jail time, what a dumbbell for not taking THAT. Now State prison...

It's bad when reporters get the facts wrong.

He was found guilty on all counts. The not guilties were for sub-sections of the bias intimidation counts. That went to the theory of the nature of the intimidation.

What I heard was today the judge would set a later date for sentencing. But I guess the reporter could've been mistaken.

It's bad when reporters get the facts wrong.

Well, the way Vinnie told is that he is guilty on all counts. The NG parts are theories under the counts having to do with MB only.

Sentencing May 21st., nothing yet on bail revocation.

I missed it. Wanted to see the look on his face when the verdict was read and it was GUILTY!

He will continue on bail until his sentencing, reporting in every two weeks, in person.

It's obvious to me that once Judge Berman re-explained the bias intimidation instructions for Count 2, it gelled for the jury. On Count 2, he was found guilty for the 3rd reason, which was essentially that the invasion of privacy was due to the fact that TC was gay. The jury could decide that one or more of the rationales for bias crime applied, but it would take only one guilty among the three theories to be found guilty of the charge.

I didn't get all the details on the later charges of bias intimidation, but he was found guilty based on more than one theory. So, the first time he did it, it was just because TC was gay. However, the second attempt, there were guilty verdicts dealing with the fact that it was an attempt to intimidate TC.

The jury obviously believed (and I do to) that DR was not out to intimidte MB, who he didn't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back