Sunday May 19 Chris & Skye Hughes on Tricia's True Crime Radio

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After listening to Chris Hughes trying to explain forgiveness in order to move on reminded me of a Chakra meditation I use occasionally. I will need to look for the actual text, but the meditation includes the following:

"Allow me to let go of that part of me that angers me when I think of you."

It is not forgiving the person, but letting go of the anger so that it does not take over your life. I get what Chris Hughes was saying. If you keep that part of anger in your life, it can take over how you view life.

Please understand that Jodi's Mom and Dad are ... how do I say this delicately ... simple. They were way beyond their intellectual scope in the complexity of their evil spawn's atrocities. I just can't blame them. I want to... but I can't.
JMO IMO and all that jazz.

AZ, you put into words what I have been contemplating for weeks. JA is their first born daughter. (If not their first born period) The antics she pulled on her parents in her teens were probably discussed with other relatives (grandparents/aunt) for advice and disciplinary measures were taken time and again....and Jodi 'showed them' by dumping her education and family....but continually came back into their lives when she needed something.

As far as the parents getting JA mental help....well, only until recently has a mental condition not been considered a stigma or even considered until a tragedy occurred (IMO). If the Arias family had not had any experience within their relatives with a diagnosed mental illness, they perhaps considered Jodi just an out of control teenager.

I do not condone Mom Arias and Aunt's disrespectful attitude in the courtroom, but I believe that you act like the standard set forth by your attorney and staff. Mitigation and DT have not exactly projected respect for others - IMO. Plus, the Arias' may never have been in a court environment before (or nothing as serious as this criminal action) and do not know proper conduct. Once again, I feel this falls on the shoulders of the DT to advise the family accordingly.

I just hope Mom and Dad will give an interview with a non-sensationalist TH like Beth K or Anderson Cooper who will allow them to talk with sensitivity for the loss of their daughter to the prison system (and death) and enlighten all of us as to the family dynamics past and present.

I believe in Mom Arias' heart of hearts, she knows JA is a bad seed....but that 'golden umbilical cord' that connects all mothers with their children will keep her protecting and defending JA for years to come.

Well, I rambled long enough. Still more tumbling around in my head, but Monday is looming....and more drama to come from the courtroom. Thank you all for allowing me to vent. Bless the Alexander family and bless all you sleuthers. I am going off to my queen size bed in soft satin pjs...my purring cat by my side...a light breeze coming thru the open window with the smell of rain and wet sagebrush in the distance.....definitely not something JA is experiencing tonight. :seeya:

After listening to Chris Hughes trying to explain forgiveness in order to move on reminded me of a Chakra meditation I use occasionally. I will need to look for the actual text, but the meditation includes the following:

"Allow me to let go of that part of me that angers me when I think of you."

It is not forgiving the person, but letting go of the anger so that it does not take over your life. I get what Chris Hughes was saying. If you keep that part of anger in your life, it can take over how you view life.

I love this . Thank you.

AZ, you put into words what I have been contemplating for weeks. JA is their first born daughter. (If not their first born period) The antics she pulled on her parents in her teens were probably discussed with other relatives (grandparents/aunt) for advice and disciplinary measures were taken time and again....and Jodi 'showed them' by dumping her education and family....but continually came back into their lives when she needed something.

As far as the parents getting JA mental help....well, only until recently has a mental condition not been considered a stigma or even considered until a tragedy occurred (IMO). If the Arias family had not had any experience within their relatives with a diagnosed mental illness, they perhaps considered Jodi just an out of control teenager.

I do not condone Mom Arias and Aunt's disrespectful attitude in the courtroom, but I believe that you act like the standard set forth by your attorney and staff. Mitigation and DT have not exactly projected respect for others - IMO. Plus, the Arias' may never have been in a court environment before (or nothing as serious as this criminal action) and do not know proper conduct. Once again, I feel this falls on the shoulders of the DT to advise the family accordingly.

I just hope Mom and Dad will give an interview with a non-sensationalist TH like Beth K or Anderson Cooper who will allow them to talk with sensitivity for the loss of their daughter to the prison system (and death) and enlighten all of us as to the family dynamics past and present.

I believe in Mom Arias' heart of hearts, she knows JA is a bad seed....but that 'golden umbilical cord' that connects all mothers with their children will keep her protecting and defending JA for years to come.

Well, I rambled long enough. Still more tumbling around in my head, but Monday is looming....and more drama to come from the courtroom. Thank you all for allowing me to vent. Bless the Alexander family and bless all you sleuthers. I am going off to my queen size bed in soft satin pjs...my purring cat by my side...a light breeze coming thru the open window with the smell of rain and wet sagebrush in the distance.....definitely not something JA is experiencing tonight. :seeya:

I just love this post. And the last part was like a lullabye to me. :seeya:

Please understand that Jodi's Mom and Dad are ... how do I say this delicately ... simple. They were way beyond their intellectual scope in the complexity of their evil spawn's atrocities. I just can't blame them. I want to... but I can't.
JMO IMO and all that jazz.

I don't think they could understand the complexity of the problem, but I do think they knew, (or should have known!) that she was too dangerous to turn loose. Her dad had her number from a young age. But mom protected ja from dad's discipline and thought ja would grow out of her pre-teen behavior if she only induldged ja for a little while longer. By the time ja's mom realized ja would only get worse, she had become afraid of ja (she had to have seen those dead eyes too) so mom was very happy to turn ja loose on the world when ja left home, thinking at least she and the rest of the family would be safe.

The manner in which she testified was so offensive. Totally hard core and one sided ridiculousness. Including having the audacity to tell that jury that the abuser in the relationship was Travis and Jodi the victim even when questioned by them about the severity of his wounds. It was jaw dropping. I don't think her career or reputation will EVER recover.

I don't either .. she actually perpetuated all the stereotypes people use to nullify such testimony, and to minimise the so called Battered Woman's defence, there would be other women in her field who, like her, have been battling for recognition of this defence for years who would be furious with ALV for her representation, and rightly so .. she set good work back years. I have a hard time understanding that she was genuinely convinced that Arias was a 'battered woman' but then the alternative seems equally incomprehensible.

I don't either .. she actually perpetuated all the stereotypes people use to nullify such testimony, and to minimise the so called Battered Woman's defence, there would be other women in her field who, like her, have been battling for recognition of this defence for years who would be furious with ALV for her representation, and rightly so .. she set good work back years. I have a hard time understanding that she was genuinely convinced that Arias was a 'battered woman' but then the alternative seems equally incomprehensible.

Her motives are still completely perplexing to me. The only thing I can think of is she signed on before it became clear this case would receive so much attention. That maybe she thought she'd go out in her "glory days" as a DV expert hired by defense teams (where the money is) and this would be her entree in to that world. I don't think she could testify for a dog catcher about being bit by every dog he ever caught right now...or for a gold fish or anything of that nature. I don't even know if any of that made sense.

The manner in which she testified was so offensive. Totally hard core and one sided ridiculousness. Including having the audacity to tell that jury that the abuser in the relationship was Travis and Jodi the victim even when questioned by them about the severity of his wounds. It was jaw dropping. I don't think her career or reputation will EVER recover.

I agree. One thing for sure ALV never recovered from Juan Martinez using the B word: BIAS :floorlaugh:

Her motives are still completely perplexing to me. The only thing I can think of is she signed on before it became clear this case would receive so much attention. That maybe she thought she'd go out in her "glory days" as a DV expert hired by defense teams (where the money is) and this would be her entree in to that world. I don't think she could testify for a dog catcher about being bit by every dog he ever caught right now...or for a gold fish or anything of that nature. I don't even know if any of that made sense.

Or she signed on without reviewing much evidence, formed an opinion, stated that opinion, then refused to change her mind no matter what evidence came forth after that :banghead:

ALV came across to me as so repulsive. The fact that she had something against men was obvious. I can easily see her as one of those women who blames men for everything. If a man had a better job than her or made more money i am sure she would claim it was because he was a man and because she was discriminated against (a victim!! oh my!) of men. Yep, she sees women as victims of men. Men are evil and bad in her mind.

When she was on the stand and made her little immature comments about making Juan "take a timeout" if he had been in her group was appalling and her little support teams uproarus laughter over it was equally repulsive! Did she think she was on the Springer show?? Has she NO idea of how to behave in a court room?

But in the end, she ruined her own career an will never recover. I hope she enjoys the blood money she got for trashing Travis and trying to portray poor widdle Jodi as an abused victim. It's all downhill from here for her. She better invest her blood money wisely and watch out for karma!

Lost all respect for ALV for defending the murder of Travis Alexander under the guise of DV.

IMO, she was the WORST of the trial, right up there with Jodi, imo.
Hands in front of her, palms up, shoulders shrugging "I just don't see a pattern, MIIIISSSTERR MARTINEZ.." Ugghh, I seriously loathe & detest every second of her on that witness stand.
Someone tried to defend her to me this weekend - not a good move. There's just NOTHING redeeming about what she CHOSE to do. No one forced her to get up there and LIE. When I watched Juan Martinez attempt to FORCE her to just READ THE WORD "stalker" in the terrorism column, (of her OWN da** continuum, mind you!) and she just would NOT do it...unbelievable.

ALV came across to me as so repulsive. The fact that she had something against men was obvious. I can easily see her as one of those women who blames men for everything. If a man had a better job than her or made more money i am sure she would claim it was because he was a man and because she was discriminated against (a victim!! oh my!) of men. Yep, she sees women as victims of men. Men are evil and bad in her mind.

When she was on the stand and made her little immature comments about making Juan "take a timeout" if he had been in her group was appalling and her little support teams uproarus laughter over it was equally repulsive! Did she think she was on the Springer show?? Has she NO idea of how to behave in a court room?

But in the end, she ruined her own career an will never recover. I hope she enjoys the blood money she got for trashing Travis and trying to portray poor widdle Jodi as an abused victim. It's all downhill from here for her. She better invest her blood money wisely and watch out for karma!

I so agree! It will be interesting what the jurors thought of her. I so hope they give interviews post verdict.

Juror 8 said he disliked DS the most...I thought ALV was much more dispicable..

hey and lets not forget the Guy who burped! bahahaha... what a bunch of classy professionals!

went sky said Jodi admitted sending the letter to lisa was it on the stand being questioned or personaly to travis?

Or she signed on without reviewing much evidence, formed an opinion, stated that opinion, then refused to change her mind no matter what evidence came forth after that :banghead:

And she was smart enough to know the difference of what researching those emails could have provided her with. Shame on her for not questioning what the content of those emails meant from Skye and Chris. They were still available to explain what they meant and ALV could have made her evaluation on whether or not she felt they were being truthful.

I just do not get why someone who invested all those years in their profession would get on the stand and take a defendant's statement as fact when they knew she had lied in the past. Then totally evaluate the emails when the people who wrote them to Travis were still alive. In one instance ALV accused Travis of having an affair with a married woman because Jodi said so without ever verifying with this person if it were true or not. How can they get away with this type of behavior?????

Personally I believe JA murdered Travis Alexander because she feared exposure of her lies, manipulations and scamming. Her life was in shambles by the time she moved in with her grandparents. She had no home of her own. No car. No boyfriend. Was living off her server wages/tips. She hated Travis for what he had.

I agree JA was facing all the above, however with her personality disorder which ever one she has, (I think she has probably more than one), but I believe it was more than those issues you mentioned. In her twisted mind she has the confidence that she could lie her way out of anything, and from her behaviour I think she still thinks that. So I think it was more than all the factors you mentioned.. that set into motion the murder. I think Travis calling her a sociopath was the final check mark she needed to follow through with her plan - which I think she had set in motion long before she actually did it. The calling her out....that was something she could not tolerate. (imho)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps
Back