Support Thread: Detective Yuri Melich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It does. In the realm of law enforcement investigations, the pinacle is being a homicide detective. That's IMO. There's nothing else like it. Those who do that job just ain't right, myself included. :crazy:

I don't watch many TV shows as a rule, but one I do like is The First 48 on A&E. If you like LE and like detective shows, I highly recommend that one. It's a factual series that follows homicide detectives during their cases. I will testify that it's as true as it gets for TV.

Yuri, Im glad you are on the mend!! As a mom and a gramma I say, stay off the moterbikes!!!!! LOL { I can try anyways, right??} Also I think you all are doing an awsome job on a tough case.

Love The First 48, I watch it all the time, I have a weak stomach so Im glad they block out the gorey stuff, Love Forensic Files too!!! Its amazing how a case can be solved with so litte sometimes.

Poppy

Good Morning from Canada, Det. Melich. I was so glad to read your last post. I have to admit I've been feeling antsy that the defence might attempt to embarass you in court over your presence here. You have covered that beautifully, and I admire your professionalism and dedication.

Here's to a speedy recovery, and a different kind of "break" in the offing.
I've wondered about that as well Nosey. I don't think they could use it in any way to discredit Yuri but I'm sure he'd get some ribbing from his buds about having a "fan club." My answer to that is some guys have it and some guys don't. :)

Considering the amount of time Casey reportedly spent/spends online it would be insane not to investigate that angle. Especially since it appears she is free to roam the web as she wishes.

Hello Yuri

Arlo and I just dropping by to say thank you to you and your team for the work you are doing.

When I finally got the chance to view the Cindy interview I was simply floored by how awesome an investigator you are. You just kept bringing her back around and bringing her back around, yet you were never mean, just soooo consistantly firm. I thought, wow!, this guy is so good at what he does, he has to be so tough, but he clearly has is a kind and loving soul. All of that comes across in your voice......you "emote" such strength of spirit.

Am sorry to hear about your motorcycle accident, that really stinks! But also glad to hear you are mending. I had to LOL at the B horror movies that your wife won't watch with you...that cracked me up...I won't watch them with my husband either.

Finally, was it SS that started the "WWYMD?" That just make me chuckle every time I see it! I want one of those plastic bracelets with that on it. It would be a great reminder to me in stressful situations to remain, cool, logical and tenacious!

Well, nuff said, Well met to you! and Get well soon!

Cheers!
Redtailhawk :chicken: and Arlo the Dog :wolf:

(ok ok it's a chicken ;) )

Yuri, the people at the other website are probably just jealous. :boohoo:

It sounds like the break from work is a good thing for you! Too bad you had to get a break to get a break, LOL! Relax and take good care of yourself.

and I must be guilty of EMOTIONALLY cheating on my SPOUSE... arrest me!!! Please I have never been arrested, I have never had the need for a police officer, guilty as CHARGED.

Thank you for all the work you're doing, in this case and others, Det. Melich. Hope the leg heals quickly and that you get some well deserved rest, even if it's only a temporary respite.

I have a question, in regards to your profession in general. I'm assuming, in your line of work, you may have been involved in a case here and there where, in your opinion, justice was not served in the end or a satisfactory resolution was never reached? If so, how do you "move on" and accept the outcome of such a situation? This is not directed toward the current case in any way, but rather from personal history and curiosity in general re. those involved in LE.

Detective Melich,
Add me to the people on this forum who wish to convey our respect, admiration and thanks to you and all the other dedicated law enforcement officers who have worked so hard on this very difficult and emotionally charged case. Like many, I have watched this case since the start, and have become more dismayed that there are some who have made the investigation much more difficult and time consuming with their appalling lack of candor. (I am sure you can figure out who that might be!:)
Never doubt for an instant that there are tons of people praying, not only for the Anthony family, but for you and all the other dedicated professionals giving their heart and soul in the search for this little girl.

Also, hope you are healing well from your injury. As a 20 year veteran nurse of the ED and Trauma units, stay off the "donor-cycles", will ya? We need you in one piece, otherwise, what will all the members of your fan club do? :crazy:

With admiration,
Diz:bowdown:

Yuri,

Thank you so much for the taking the time to come and talk to all of us WS'ers! I would personally like to thank you for all of your hard work and dedication regarding this case. This child has captured the hearts of so many people and we all want justice for her. I hope that you mend well and quickly!

Yuri,

I just wanted to convey how impressed I was after watching the Cindy video. That was an amazing piece of humane police work; I don't know how you kept your patience and compassion with her....I was beyond frustrated just watching it, to the point that I yelled at the screen. (I have problems when it comes to this case, I know!)

You have the patience and compassion of a saint. I would have lost it on her.

Bravo.

Good Morning from Canada, Det. Melich. I was so glad to read your last post. I have to admit I've been feeling antsy that the defence might attempt to embarass you in court over your presence here. You have covered that beautifully, and I admire your professionalism and dedication.

Here's to a speedy recovery, and a different kind of "break" in the offing.

But if the defense wanted to bring up Det. Melich's presence and posts here they would have a hard time denying, based on some of the posts that I have read here in recent weeks, that either someone in the family is amember or that they have friends posting for them here. I would think that any good Detective would investigate any and all sources of possible evidence, including message boards. There have been many interesting posts here that could/could net be from someone with personal knowlegde of the case.

Regardless, Det. Melich's posts have all been professional, he has been 100% honest about his identity from day one, and have contained not a bit of information regarding the search for Caylee Anthony and the subsequent investigation of her mother Casey.

As the daughter of a former Chicago Police Officer I just wanted to thank you for your dedication to your job and this most difficult case. My husband is a funeral director and has said that it is always the cases with young children that affect him the most, I am sure that is true for the officers working on this case as well. I hope that you eventually find the answers to the many questions on this case and are able to bring Caylee home.

Respectfully snipped
Regardless, Det. Melich's posts have all been professional, he has been 100% honest about his identity from day one, and have contained not a bit of information regarding the search for Caylee Anthony and the subsequent investigation of her mother Casey.

I totally agree, and it was not my intention to infer otherwise. I apologise if I gave that impression. I was concerned about the already obvious "sleazy" route that this defence will take to divert attention from their client. I'm positive there are Anthony players reading this board. CA has admitted as much recently in expecting that she could have the board closed down.

Detective Melich,
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all that you and your fellow law enforcement officers do every day in every case.

You guys rock!!!

My doggie thanks the K-9 force as well...:wolf:

Respectfully snipped

I totally agree, and it was not my intention to infer otherwise. I apologise if I gave that impression. I was concerned about the already obvious "sleazy" route that this defence will take to divert attention from their client. I'm positive there are Anthony players reading this board. CA has admitted as much recently in expecting that she could have the board closed down.

Oh no - I wasn't saying that you gave that impression cause I could see them considering using this - just pointing out that the websleuths street goes both ways - except I would guess that the Anthony's, if here which I think is definitely possible (especially printed pages from some trheads here were infact found in their trash), are not being so honest about their presence which would look hinky in the eyes of the court where Det. Melich has been nothing but honest from the start.

Great verse in your siggy, Yuri. I'm a Christian as well. I was raised non-denom but now I'm going to an A/G church.

Anyways, since you're here, do you have anything specific that you'd like me and other Christians on this board to pray about? I know your injury for sure and more than likely for wisdom in this situation. I'm not asking for anything revealing, but just to let you know that I am praying for you guys that you'd be able to bring justice to this situation.

Oh, and I saw you mention The First 48. That is a great show. We turned our satellite off not too long ago so I miss it a lot, but when we had it I tivoed every episode.

God bless you and your family and I am praying that soon you and everyone else involved will be able to bring justice and to find peace. This has to be stressful for everyone.

Of course we all admire the dedication and the talent and patience during the interviews...but c'mon. If we are going to be totally honest, it doesn't hurt that he's hot! I'm from Canada so of course I like the accent too..He does have an accent, right!!LOL

:eek::eek:

I finally went to that 'other site'! Hope I did not catch anything!

When I was following the Maria Lauterbach case, Captain Summerlin (cannot remember his exact last name), would post on the board (different board). I see absolutely nothing wrong with it!

This is a very professional board with great and intelligent members. A kindergarten saying comes to mind concerning the 'other' site. It is: Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me. LOL, I have pretty much felt that way all through my life as it is a good saying.

I love my fellow posters her at WS whether they agree with my opinions or not!

I know this thread is to support Det. Milich, but I did not know where else to post this.

Det. Milich, I hope your recovery is going well! God beless you and your family! God Bless your 'other' family at OCSO also!

(I have two brothers with Redwing motorcycles and they love them more than they do me - their wonderful sister!)

:)

What is the "other site"...is anyone allowed to tell me?

And so I won't be OT...Yuri you da man!! Be sure and tell all your fellow officers working on this case that they have our respect and gratitude.

Just that alone, no. Children are classified as anyone under 18. Perhaps you're meaning under say 11? Then maybe if the agency has enough resources to work the case. A true missing persons investigation is akin to a murder investigation without a body. At least in a homicide, you have a last known location and possible evidence to be found. Heck, the "george orwell" side of me says to allow parents to install a GPS chip free of charge on their child until their 18th birthday when they can then choose to have it removed. I'll probably get some big brother heat about that but it is my opinion. ;)

Hi Yuri..I'm a great believer that parents nowdays should at least be given a choice..Can you imagine if parents were allowed to have a GPS traking device somehow installed in their children at birth how easy it would be to track down a child that's been taken..WOW..These days it seems like there are so many cases of not just kids but adults as well
being taken against their will. We certainly should have the means to do it if people could get past the other issues involved..:)

Yuri, just turned signatures "on" to see yours. That's a great verse! May God bless you and bring you healing, so that you can help bring justice for Caylee! :angel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee
Back