Support Thread: Detective Yuri Melich

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reposting because seems to be problem with pictures previously.

Yuri, impressed with you from early on, and now the ongoing efforts of the whole team.

The floor plan of house and property we have sleuthed looks to be accurate?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3414945&postcount=736

I am happy for it to be used by the Good Guys (LE and Prosecution)

The Data is entered in CAD program and can provide 3D model and animated "walk throughs" or reinactments of say carrying bag and body from garage via side gate to backyard.

Work done by certified US professional teaching in architecture/engineering.

Happy to make email contact if we can be of assistance.

Example (early draft - details have changed):

View attachment 2712

View attachment 2713
WOW, I am impressed !!! Good Job Hercule !!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you for attending every court date for KC. The silent demeanor of integrity you all display in the courtroom speakes volumns for Caylee and I thank you! I also hope your presence in the courtroom makes our criminal of the day ridden with anxiety that no amount of meds could touch!

Yuri, I wanted to thank you for your dedication and effort in finding justice for this little angel. You are truly an inspiration to all LE. Thank you for not believing KC's lies, for seeing past her made up stories and for helping to keep her locked up.

Thank you for everything you've done and everything you do for the children of Florida.

Hey there, Mr. Y. Just wanted to say thank you. To you and all of the folks working so very hard to get the much needed Justice for Caylee.

I say prayers for all involved. As this is one for the books.

Also to your family, and the other families of those working this case. I'm sure it has been no pic-nic for them either.

Keep up the excellent work. And when it seems like it's getting 'tough', there is no way the other side can get past the reality of 31 DAYS!

Take care,
Skygirl

From the bottom of my heart...

Thank you, Yuri Melich, for all you have done, and continue to do, to bring Caylee the justice and dignity she so deserves.

Whenever I click on one of the interview audio files from yesterday's doc dump, and if I hear Yuri's voice, it just gives me the overwhelming feeling that justice will be had. For Caylee. Yuri is the man.

Whenever I click on one of the interview audio files from yesterday's doc dump, and if I hear Yuri's voice, it just gives me the overwhelming feeling that justice will be had. For Caylee. Yuri is the man.
Yes. I could just eat em up with a spoon he is so wonderful.

And part-time Electricians to boot. "Where's the fuse box?" :)

IKWYM, LD.

If you'll pardon a brief tangent to the topic...I'll bring it back around.

Mine is a small family. Last 3 generations were 1 or 2 children each. My maternal grandfather lived hundreds of miles away when I was a kid. That could've been the other side of the world as far as impacting a kid's life back then. Saw him once/5 years or so. Never really knew him before he died. Paternal grandfather died the year I was born. Dad died the year I graduated from college. Not whining here. I've been very blessed. Just kinda tellin' you that to tell you this...

When I was ~15 my Dad and I went to visit his only uncle. We were there to borrow some farm equipment. Only there for an hour or so to get things loaded up on a trailer. I'd never spent much time around this uncle (my great-uncle I guess), this hour was by far the most ever... but the man forever made an impression on me.

He was tall, probably 6' 2", and the very definition of, "barrel-chested". In his early-60's if I'd guessed. Hair was silvery-white. Imagine a John Wayne or Brian Keith kinda fella. Had a faded tattoo on his forearm...no idea what it was...simple...green ink was all I remember. Seemed to have a twinkle in his eye. Not a man of many words. Kind. Soft-spoken. Looked as strong as an ox though.

As we drove off in our '63 Chevy pick-up, pulling whatever behind us on a trailer, I mentioned to Dad that it was pretty cool just being around Uncle Brooks. I dunno what words I used. I'm sure I didn't say, "pretty cool", but, YKWIM.

Now, in a '63 Chevy pick-up there is no AC, and no radio. And on a 30-minute drive down twisting country highways you first, pay attention to the trailer your pulling, and when your not doing that...you squeeze in a little conversation. This is where & how almost every single man-to-man conversation I had w/ my father ever took place.

On this Saturday one fall, with the windows rolled down driving past the harvested corn & bean fields my father explained that Uncle Brooks was a retired marine. That his unit was a landing force @ Iwo Jima, and that many of his unit didn't survive. Said Uncle Brooks had seen things that he didn't really ever talk about. Never bragged about his experience, never boasted, and never hung his head 'bout it either. "Salt of the earth", he said - although I didn't know what that meant at the time - "a rock".

Now...I looked up to my Dad as much as any son ever has. And hearing my Dad express these things...well..it wasn't common-place. It was reserved for something special.

So...while this kinda impression wasn't just for men (tell you about my great-grandmother another time) it became for me the model of what it means to be a man. It wasn't so much the thinking...it was the feeling. In that moment I felt secure. I felt protected. I felt proud to be counted among them.

Lately, IRL or portrayed someway, I see men cast in a negative light. Either the butt-end of a joke, the perp of some malicious act, or in some other less-than admirable fashion. I...I have that memory of my Dad, my Uncle Brooks as a touchstone. I often wonder what becomes of the boys that don't have these experiences. In no way could I ever slight a mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, etc. imparting to boy what it means to be a man. I'm just relating my personal experience. I was blessed to have it.

...and to bring that back around to topic. I see Yuri M. and John A. in this same light. Giving us an example of what it means to be a man. To give us security in the face of things they'll surely never share with another soul.

"Salt of the earth" they are...for us, for me anyway..."a rock".

Yuri...if you're still around reading...please know that we are forever grateful for all that you and LE have done...for trying to right the wrong that was committed. Thank you for spearheading the fight for justice. Caylee deserves nothing less.
Bless you all.

Yuri, a simple 'thank you' seems so inadequate for all you and your detectives have done this past year. Please know how much you are respected and how much you are appreciated. You will never know how much I appreciate seeing you in the courtroom supporting justice for sweet Caylee. It tears me apart that she only has you guys and the SA representing her....I wish someone from her family would sit on the SA side. It is more than comforting knowing that you are there. At last, even though in death, she is finally in safe hands. I know she feels it, too. THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES - THANK YOU

Yuri,
It was the videos of you and interviews etc that firtst heightened my attention to this case.

On this very sad anniversary I would like to reiterate my thanks and admiration of you (the team) and your brilliant early interviews in the case in particular.
Thanks,
Sadly, I guess there is still a long way to go?

Hang in there!
You have support around the world

Hercule.

:clap: You Truly Are A Hero Yuri To Caylee & So Many Others! :clap:
LE officers go above & beyond the call of duty everyday...protecting all of us!

Good Samaritans Rescue Driver From Pond
Posted: 1:13 pm EST February 23, 2010
Updated: 6:16 pm EST February 23, 2010
<snipped>
Some good Samaritans were honored Tuesday afternoon for rescuing a woman who was trapped upside down in her car in a ditch Tuesday morning. Investigators said she lost control of the car near the 417 and the 408 expressways and the only way the group could save her was by flipping her car over.

Corporals Yuri Melich, Thomas Harper and Master Deputy Richard Lockman with Orange County's Sheriff Office were the first emergency workers on the scene.

&#8220;I got down close to the water line so I could see her. She appeared to look okay,&#8221;Harper said. But Carmody was trapped. The deputies tried to lift the car themselves, but couldn't do it alone. Luckily, there were bystanders.

Once the deputies and good Samaritans were able to get the rear passenger window out of the water, Lockman used a window punch. He pressed it against the window and a metal pin broke the glass. The pin's tiny, but very effective. &#8220;She climbed over my shoulder and everybody carried her to shore. She didn&#8217;t even get wet,&#8221; Lockman said.

The good Samaritans who helped were not at the sheriff's office, but they got a shout-out. "It was the civilians who helped out. They're the real heroes in this," Melich said.

Video: Good Samaritans Honored For Rescuing Woman In Pond 1:50
A woman was trapped upside down in her car in a pond and the men helped rescue her. (02/23/10)
http://www.wftv.com/video/22650276/

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/22645841/detail.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Samaritans rescue woman trapped in vehicle in retention pond
February 23, 2010
<snipped>
Carmody lost control of her vehicle, slid off the road and came to rest upside down in a retention pond, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Three Orange deputies tried to roll the vehicle on its side, but had to enlist the help of six or seven good Samaritans. Together, they were able to roll the car. Cpl. Tom Harper, who had been on his way to work, stopped to handle the accident within fewer than two minutes after it happened. Master Deputy Richard Lockman and Cpl. Yuri Melich arrived about two minutes after that.

The group tried to roll the car with such force that they nearly flipped it, so it would have been impossible for Carmody to escape without help, Melich said. When the rear passenger window was above water, Lockman was able to use a glass-breaking device to crack the window, enabling Carmody to climb out with help from law-enforcement officers.

The entire process took about five minutes, and Carmody escaped without touching the water, the deputies said. All three deputies credit the good Samaritans with making it easier to recue Carmody.

Article:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...20100223_1_retention-pond-samaritans-deputies

:prayer:'s & :hug:'s For All Those Who Serve Our Country!

:angel:

Although at times I have wished a certain question would have been asked of a witness or a certain line of questioning might have continued, I have still come to respect what you do and the diligence with which you do it. It is a tough job wading through the lies and the liars and making your way to those who may actually be honest and I applaud your efforts at every turn. I know do not understand all the nuances of your "job" nor do I envy what you do. It is one of the toughest jobs out there, and I commend you for your dedication and perserverence in seeking out justice, especially for Caylee. :)

Seems like a very good day to drop by to express some Yuri love.
luv.gif

Yuri,
You are certainly a dedicated professional when you have to deal with a family like the Anthonys'. You are charged with trying to find a missing child and yet the family will not co-operate. You have the patience of a saint and you are truly appreciated for all of your hard work. The whole team working on finding justice for Caylee are to be considered as heros. Thank you thank you thank you!

Yuri,

In the many months that Websleuths members have been following this case, we have watched you be a ongoing force in seeking justice for Caylee. Thank you for being the advocate for Caylee that she should have had in life.

Despite any groundless criticism you may be getting in the past few days, please know that most of us here are behind your efforts 100% in pursuing this case to its just end.

P.S. I think my new signature is quite appropriate for Websleuths!

Yes! A good time for another shout-out!

Big ditto for John Allen (love ya!), Edwards, et al

Det Melich...Just thought that you could use a little pat on the back today. Thank you kindly is just not enough for all you and your fellow officers do. But you know we are still following the case and are still cheering you all on. Keep up the good work!

Thanks just doesn't seem to be a big enough word to convey the gratitude we all feel for all the work you've done and continue to do so that justice is served for this precious child, Caylee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back