Support Thread: Detective Yuri Melich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The expressions on Yuri's face today pretty much said it all, but I would still love to hear what he thought about JB's performance.

Yuri, bless you for all that you have done...and continue to do for our angel. She's blessed to have you in her corner.

I am just now watching his testimony...he clarified that he WAS with missing persons. What unit is he with now? Is he back with homicide?

I finally found Yuri's testimony. Wow, he is awesome!!! Cool as a cucumber, refined, poised, focused and truthful! I love how he kept asking Baez "define suspicious".

Yuri you are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

Id like to hear him define Mr. BIAZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! LOL

The expressions on Yuri's face today pretty much said it all, but I would still love to hear what he thought about JB's performance.

He is so polished. I am assuming I do not need to clarify who I am referring to but if so, it's not the bloated dough boy. Betcha Yuri will never budge on what he really thinks of JB - too professional. That said, I would love the belly laugh of being a fly on the wall in Yuri's home with his wife (also an OSCO superstar).

So Yuri says he doesn't think he tried everything in his toolbox (in the context of interrogation techniques while questioning KC at Universal)...rhetorical question as it relates to toolboxes - ever wondered what happened to JB's in the area of his profession?

I missed YM's testimony when it was first broadcast so I'm watching it now. I just have to say: mad respect to this gentleman. He's no fool, Baez. You' best find someone else to try to trip up.

Thank you for being a hero for Caylee, Mr. Melich!

Even though I think the Universal Q&A will be tossed because of appellate issues, I think Yuri was amazing at the hearing. Yes, I think KC is guilty, but when I watch the hearings I try and be objective and see things through the eyes of a juror who knows next to nothing about this case, and if I were a juror yesterday, I'd have thought Yuri was very honest and forthcoming, especially since he admitted straight out that he lied to KC. OTOH, I thought Baez did much better than usual but in the end all he managed to do was admonish Yuri for not suspecting KC right away considering all her lies. It was like watching verbal chess where Yuri forced Baez to rattle off his clients lies and fake leads.

Basically I support Yuri and his hard work on this case.

ETA: I want to talk a little about Yuri's actual time on the stand.

I know where Baez was going with his line of questioning: omg, Det. Melich, you expect the Court to believe that after all of Kc's lies you didn't consider her a suspect?

In hindsight, yes, but Det. Melich had just started working the case, so he didn't know what to think until he'd allowed KC to explain herself. As he said. If I were a juror, I'd believe him. But that's just me.

Of course this is a matter for HHJP, and I respect whatever decision he makes on this issue.

Corporal Yuri Melich is the best. VERY professional! Very well spoken. Does his job in DEEDS as well as words! We thank you so very much in everything you did, always giving the suspect fair treatment, to find Caylee Anthony!

YMelich is a great detective, I like how he "thwarted" Baez' line of questioning...How absurd for Baez to claim, YOU allowed her to continue to lie...how would this man know ICA was lying UNTIL he checked into her facts. ICA was there on her own free will, she was giving info on her child who was allegedly missing. Poor ICA, handcuffed for all of five minutes while her mother wanted the police to use that "tactic" to scare her into giving information on the whereabouts of Caylee. I think alot was going on that night, lots of confusion police were first called for grand theft auto, then CA showed receipts and claims she used her cc without permission. It then turned into a missing childs case.

I do want to know WHEN ICA was marandized. I do hope His Honor sees that ICA was there on her own free will and gave inconsistant statements and they are allowed in...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

BShaeffer weighs in
http://www.wftv.com/video/27055515/index.html

Just wanted to say that IMO Yuri rocked it on the stand yesterday!!!!! And he was even able to maintain & keep a straight face throughout JB asking him some of the most ridiculous questions I have ever heard! I am so grateful that Caylee has Yuri & John Allen, OCS's, and the SA's on her team, after yesterday I am fully convinced that they will fight with everything in them to see that she gets the justice she deserves and that her murderer gets what she deserves too.

When Yuri told Baez and the court that he never read Casey her rights, I immediately assumed that HE was not the one who placed her under arrest, or he had another officer read her her rights.

slight observation: watching him, I kept thinking "he reminds me of someone". It finally hit me: he kind of looks like he could be like a half-brother of George Clooney. It's the eyes and brow, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back