Support Thread: Detective Yuri Melich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well... I did do work from home today in the form of reviewing case material. Does that count? please?

I guess we'll take what we can get. LOL :clap: Seriously, you guys are doing one heck of a job down there. Hope the leg heals fast. There's nothing like being laid up when you have tons to get done. Frustrated yet? :blowkiss:

Hope things are going well and you are feeling better! Stop working...you are supposed to be resting to allow those bones to heal. (By the way, what did that motocycle look like afterwards? I forgot to ask.)

Hope you are feeling better!! Don't do too much to soon, you need to heal properly.

Thanks for being such a strong voice for Caylee!!! :blowkiss:

Hope things are going well and you are feeling better! Stop working...you are supposed to be resting to allow those bones to heal. (By the way, what did that motocycle look like afterwards? I forgot to ask.)

Actually the bike (and my nice new MC helmet) came out unscathed. It happened on a grass portion of our course.

Actually the bike (and my nice new MC helmet) came out unscathed. It happened on a grass portion of our course.
Well, that just adds insult to injury. Want me to go kick the bike for you?

Keep the helmet on a shelf, Detective. You need to be in a car and doing what you are doing. You are needed in MP. Takes a special person to do that job right and there are so few across the country.

Well, that just adds insult to injury. Want me to go kick the bike for you?

Keep the helmet on a shelf, Detective. You need to be in a car and doing what you are doing. You are needed in MP. Takes a special person to do that job right and there are so few across the country.

No need to kick the bike, but thanks for the offer. :) The MC thing is a part-time gig. Something I do 2 days a month to keep things different from my normal day to day stuff. In the hopes I get to make it back to the homicide division, I hope to continue riding. It's then I'll need the break... uh, figuratively that is.

I have an old friend who retired from Homicide a couple of years ago. He began "consulting" a couple of months afterward. He said once it has a hold on you it never lets go. (I still say MP needs you.)

Glad I don't have to kick the bike! I have already spent 21 weeks total in casts from ankle injuries. LOL (See...I can relate!)

I have an old friend who retired from Homicide a couple of years ago. He began "consulting" a couple of months afterward. He said once it has a hold on you it never lets go.

It does. In the realm of law enforcement investigations, the pinacle is being a homicide detective. That's IMO. There's nothing else like it. Those who do that job just ain't right, myself included. :crazy:

I don't watch many TV shows as a rule, but one I do like is The First 48 on A&E. If you like LE and like detective shows, I highly recommend that one. It's a factual series that follows homicide detectives during their cases. I will testify that it's as true as it gets for TV.

No need to kick the bike, but thanks for the offer. :) The MC thing is a part-time gig. Something I do 2 days a month to keep things different from my normal day to day stuff. In the hopes I get to make it back to the homicide division, I hope to continue riding. It's then I'll need the break... uh, figuratively that is.

I hope you are doing well today and are taking good care of yourself. And I hope you get the "break" you want, LOL! :detective:

He was with Homicide 22 years before retiring. I find him to be one of the most interesting and intelligent men I know, but I am sure it does take a certain breed to handle everything that would come with such a career.

I like the First 48. However, with my sense of humor...I must say Psych and Monk are my favs. LOL

It does. In the realm of law enforcement investigations, the pinacle is being a homicide detective. That's IMO. There's nothing else like it. Those who do that job just ain't right, myself included. :crazy:

I don't watch many TV shows as a rule, but one I do like is The First 48 on A&E. If you like LE and like detective shows, I highly recommend that one. It's a factual series that follows homicide detectives during their cases. I will testify that it's as true as it gets for TV.

I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. Excellent show. Interesting to watch, yet very sad. I find forensic science fascinating, but it's not something I would ever want to do.

I had to laugh, years ago when an episode of CSI was on once, my husband kept yelling at the TV the whole time saying how unrealistic it was. One of the first things he said, there was a scene where they were collecting evidence at a crime scene and they were using a plastic bag. He said, those idiots are using plastic bags, you don't use plastic, you use paper bags. :rolleyes:

Yuri- I hope personal questions aren't against the rules but I'll ask anyway. If you don't want to answer I understand...it isn't any of my business anyway...but are you a father?

Yuri- I hope personal questions aren't against the rules but I'll ask anyway. If you don't want to answer I understand...it isn't any of my business anyway...but are you a father?

Personal questions are fine. Nope, no kids (dogs excluded).

I count my dog as a kid!

On a more serious note, after working this case, and I'm sure others which involve children, do you feel any different in regards to having/wanting children? I have a very close friend who counsels young offenders (I stick with the adults, myself) and she used to want children, but has changed her feelings on that now.

ETA: Does it freak you out at all to see your pic on our siggys and avvis? LOL

Thanks for sharing. You may want to be careful about giving the go ahead on personal questions...this group is as curious as they come and seems to find you very interesting..:)
Your profile pic definitely has a Dick Tracy look to it.

I tried posting this question on antoher thread, but since I have the experts here.....what was Caylee wearing when Caycee dropped her off at the Nanny's? (No I don't believe in the Nanny...) but could the description of those clothes be compared to what was left behind?

It's official....I'm a thread killer.....

It's official....I'm a thread killer.....
I don't think it is that Kat, there were new docs released so I think everyone is busy with those. However, I do know that we are not supposed to ask Yuri any questions whatsoever about the case. It wouldn't be ethical for him to discuss facts of the case here and we don't want to ask him to compromise anything. This thread is just to express support and encouragement to him. Hope that explains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back