Support Thread: Fellow WS'ers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After three long years of following this case, I am completely disgusted and disheartened by today's events. As others have stated in this thread, knowing that WS is here....advocating for justice for victims that have no voice, gives me hope, no matter how small. I am grateful to have this place to vent my frustration about this case.

I can't sleep, and am so glad I can come here and feel not alone in my devastation.
Thank you all, thank you websleuths.

Thank you for this thread. Unlike the talking heads, I cried, I really cried. Not for myself, but for Caylee Marie Anthony. There was no justice today - just popping of champagne, flipping the bird, and JA announcing that he would retire by weeks end.

I didn't expect that - not at all. I am heartbroken for Caylee. For the justice she didn't receive. Like she was -- dumped in a swamp like garbage. Why?

I keep telling myself "let go, let God", but it's so darn hard. Will I be here for the next case? Probably not. I'm tired of the Anthony's, I'm tired of the Dunn's, of the Cummings. They can throw their children away like trash, and still -- no justice is served.

If I'm not here for awhile, please understand. I need to move on with my life. Justice has not been served, and, therefore, I'm afraid I cannot support it anymore.

Love and light,

Melanie

I understand Melanie! I cried so hard today when the verdict was read. I am a hippy at heart and don't understand hate...but I HATE KC so much and to hear she is not going to be held accountable AT ALL for murdering Caylee...well I just lost it. I am still in shock. I will never understand why those 12 ppl came to that decision. I will never, ever understand.

I felt sad and shocked when the jury verdict was read. I think I will always remember where I was and what I was doing and how I felt when Casey Anthony was declared not guilty of 1st degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and manslaughter.

The only thing I can compare this too is the O.J. Simpson criminal trial verdict. I followed that case, the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman from the start just as I did with the Caylee Anthony murder case and so I hope that some day that there will be justice for Caylee Anthony (as there was some justice for Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman in the wrongful death civil case criminally responsible civil verdict against O.J. Simpson.)

I never thought there would be another OJ debacle...that it was just a fluke thing and the justice system is just fine. I really am in disbelief. I got an email that my tuition is going up in September 7% and I can barely afford it as it is. For the first time I sincerely considered quitting law school. What's the point? Lawyers are considered low life pond scum; jokes about not expecting much from 12 people not smart enough to get out of jury duty etc.

I didn't think this would bother me so much.

I'm angry. I'm angry that Baez and Mason will be getting publicity and this is what people will relate to in terms of lawyers - sleaze and zero integrity.

I do not believe that out of the 12 jurors NOT ONE connected the dots to guilt and had any nads to stand by his/her convictions.

I am angry that Judge Perry disallowed the state to excuse juror #4 for cause or use their peremptory because she was black and that he seemed willing to allow jurors to serve that had deadlines WAY too close to the end date for trial. Justice for Caylee should not be rushed because someone's got a cruise planned and he should know by know that things always take longer than planned. I feel that if the jurors disagreed and after a lengthy deliberation found her guilty they'd have to put in more time for the penalty phase. I really believe the jury didn't give a rip about that effed up family and in the end just wanted out of there.

I'm angry that Judge Perry bent over backwards for Baez...that he would not allow the jurors to smell the contents of that can.

I feel like the state was precluded from offering more evidence because of time constraints. I wish he would have gagged the defense team.

I have been angry with the Anthonys all along but now I'm really ticked at them. George, Cindy, Lee...be careful what you wish for because Thursday she's going to be all yours. But don't be shocked when you are the most hated family in America as you feed from the gravy train of Caylee's murder. You created your monster, all of you, and I hope having her back in your lives is your worst nightmare.

Well that's my rant. Glad I could vent. I feel deeply sorry for all the law enforcement officers and the prosecution team who worked so hard for Caylee. If I feel this badly, I imagine they are dry heaving. :(

I said I was going to walk away from websleuths but I can't. My heart is hurting and no one else around me even knows about this trial (I live in Asia)

What I truly shocked about is that they did not find her guilty of even child abuse!!! Nothing! They took a fewhours to decide. They decided to IGNORE all evidence.
I never ever imagined that I'd see this day. I woke up several times during the night HOPING that this was a dream. I am utterly depressed.

My prayers are with you all.

Right. The morning after. Talk about your stages of grief. Disbelief and tears are turning more and more to anger. I am trying to think where to go with it, I may clean house. I am reading the tread "what would you like to say to the jury" and add my own, rather indignant and snarky, comments in my head as I read.

I do not think I can bear to watch the bunch in the court room tomorrow. I will break something. I will come read here about it later.

I didn't sleep very well last night, I woke up this morning feeling dead inside.

I'm being crying on and off and I just keep asking why????

I think this is the last time I will ever be able to invest my feelings so closely in a case because this has killed me.

I took a sleeping pill but have not slept at all. I have so much anger and I am just filled with sadness.We all know she is guilty as sin but she will be free its just not fair.Why are our children disposable ????WTH is wrong with people how many more children will die because of this jury letting ICA get away with murder?

I think I'm really angry at the jury more than the defense or KC right now. I would not have felt this sort of DISGUST if KC had gotten off on some technicality or if there was a hung jury or whatever. When the court reporter said "not guilty" of first degree I was shocked but thought " ok she'll spend 40 years in prison now" but not guilty of ANY lesser charges = something wrong with these jurors.

How could they take a few hours to come to this verdict? They didn't request ANY evidence. They had clearly made up their minds. All 12 and then some. It is this jury that I am most disgusted with. Even CM and JB celebrating aren't my focus now.
I am simply stunned at these mindless morons. If they were willing to ignore the evidence of human decomposition in the trunk of the car, the cadavar dogs, THREE years of Casey wasting their own resources and Caylee being found in a trash bag with duct-tape over her little face then they must all either be extremely selfish or mind-numbingly stupid.

All I could think last night is that Terry Horman must be sighing a huge sigh of relief right now.

As an atheist my faith is obviously not shaken. However I'd like to think about those of you who are faithful and offer this. When you have faith in a higher power you need to rely on it and trust that there is a reason for this. It's a reminder that life doesn't work out the organized way it should and this is WHY you need your faith. If life did work out in a fair and just way, then you really wouldn't need God very much.

I'd also like to remind people of all the good that has come out of poor Caylee's death. In my mind she has probably saved the lives of countless other children whose grandparents have been motivated to get involved and step in on their grandchildren's behalf when they are seeing that something isn't right.

I personally know a mother now who is watching her grandson and has a daughter who is out of control. She is not backing down the way she used to for fear of being seen as "too pushy."

In addition, she may not be serving time in jail but as has pointed out elsewhere she has been condemned in the court of public opinion and she will be shunned in society for a long time.

She may make money in interviews and book deals but she's broke spiritually. Which would you rather have?

I have to say I am shocked that she is going to get away with it, but I had worse news today than this and just can't feel too much right now. I was told this morning that my mother has colon cancer and does not have much longer to live. I have to say goodbye to my mother, a childs murder will go unavenged, and KCA will be rich from the interviews and book deals. Someone please wake me up.

So terribly, terribly sorry about your dear mother, chefmom.

2el3w3o.jpg

All I could think last night is that Terry Horman must be sighing a huge sigh of relief right now.

As an atheist my faith is obviously not shaken. However I'd like to think about those of you who are faithful and offer this. When you have faith in a higher power you need to rely on it and trust that there is a reason for this. It's a reminder that life doesn't work out the organized way it should and this is WHY you need your faith. If life did work out in a fair and just way, then you really wouldn't need God very much.

I'd also like to remind people of all the good that has come out of poor Caylee's death. In my mind she has probably saved the lives of countless other children whose grandparents have been motivated to get involved and step in on their grandchildren's behalf when they are seeing that something isn't right.

I personally know a mother now who is watching her grandson and has a daughter who is out of control. She is not backing down the way she used to for fear of being seen as "too pushy."

In addition, she may not be serving time in jail but as has pointed out elsewhere she has been condemned in the court of public opinion and she will be shunned in society for a long time.

She may make money in interviews and book deals but she's broke spiritually. Which would you rather have?

You are absolutely right!! My faith in my God is not shaken...my faith in the "system" here on earth...confirmed...

Some thoughts:

http://www.chrisbrauns.com/2011/07/05/unpacking-the-caylee-anthony-case/

I found it hard to believe but really how can I be surprised...I feel for JA, LDB, FG. It seems like they were up against something big. I have often said that the DT was using a Vita mix defense...through everything in the blender and whirl...it will confuse the jury enough that there wasn't room for common sense.

In 2007 I was assaulted in broad daylight, in a strip mall shopping center, in my OWN neighborhood, by a man I didn't know. He grabbed me thru his open car window as I walked from a store back to my vehicle. Holding on to my purse strap, he continued to drive slowly, dragging me along. He wanted my purse. Finally he 'let go', and I was hurled to the pavement. He drove away, then showed up at the hospital where the ambulance took me. He was arrested a short distance away. Currently he's in a state pen, serving a 25 year sentence. He had quite a rap sheet and I was not the only attempt at robbery he made that same day.
All that said...it makes me incredibly sad that justice for Caylee did not happen on earth. I do have faith in our criminal justice system because of my own experience...and today I am still bewildered over the verdict yesterday. And saddened. And my heart is so heavy.

When I heard the verdict, I was shocked, saddened, sat there in disbelief, as if I were in a dream. I was nauseous. As the day went on, I felt this overwhelming feeling of depression. I kept thinking there must have been something "wrong" with the jury, like they were influenced somehow by someone on the outside. I was in denial.

I kept waiting for this day so Caylee would have justice, so a murderer wouldn't go free, and also so I could have my life back, as I have been glued to this tiral, just like many of you. Yet, because of this verdict, I find myself glued here to a seat AGAIN, wondering why this happened, and waiting to find out what happens next?

Just lost a big post. I am too depressed to retype.

I am in despair. I cannot believe this is happening. The horror, confusion, anger and deep abiding sadness is not ebbing away, its getting worse. The monster will walk tomorrow. The old saying "Be careful what you wish for, it might come true" is hopefully RINGING in George and Cindy's ears right now.

I am deeply, DEEPLY hurt. Kevin Beary was right. It is like a dagger in the heart. And I dont know how to make it go away. I do not believe in Karma. Good things happen to bad people all the time.

The thought of ICA getting a makeover and strutting out of there tomorrow fills me with ... agony.

I am so sorry Caylee. So very very sorry. :(

And the worst part is... there is no recourse. No appeals for the State. No retrials because the jury didnt follow instructions and disregarded the evidence... NOTHING.

It is a travesty.

I have to say I am shocked that she is going to get away with it, but I had worse news today than this and just can't feel too much right now. I was told this morning that my mother has colon cancer and does not have much longer to live. I have to say goodbye to my mother, a childs murder will go unavenged, and KCA will be rich from the interviews and book deals. Someone please wake me up.

ChefMom My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so sorry for your mother's diagnosis of colon cancer. Please know that you have friends here who will keep your Mother and you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

My support and consolation lies in the members here at Websleuths. Here common sense prevails, and the focus of this case remains the victim, Caylee Marie Anthony. If only the jurors had the same focus and common sense as prevails on this forum, justice would have been served.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stefunee
Back