Support Thread: Gerus and Bones (K9's)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the police officer proved the dog was alerting to decomposition when he himself said he smelled it in the trunk and knew what it was. He stated he has had many, many encounters and he immediately knew what the smell was so he validated that his dog did indeed alert to decomposition. JB unwitting just made a very important point with the judge in favor of the dogs. And this was actually a good trial run for him to testify in court. He is now aware of where JB will try to trip him up. jmo

Well, all he did was get the officer to admit that he didn't know what chemical compound or what person the dog alerted to. NOBODY does - so big whoop-de-do. Only one child was missing associated with that car ---> doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure the decomposition smell was from the only known missing person associated with the car.
Also doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that human decomposition is not person specific. I will also add that most people (not all) do believe in things that they have never seen, smelt, touched, heard or even have a clue as to their DNA makeup or chemical composition. Obvious example is God. Or how about love - so just because the officer can't specify the chemical compound the dogs alerted to or the person doesn't mean in any logical mind that it is any less valid or reliable. Hell, Gerus and Bones told more truth in this case than the mother or the family and I think a jury will clearly see that.

Just got home from vet as my baby is having pain - looks like cervical disk. Oh and JB if you read here - her behavior told me something was wrong. Any idiot with a heart could see the non verbal behavior changes - the alerts, so to speak. I hope the state picks a jury of animal lovers -- cause they are the best people in general that I know.

:twocents: AND another group alienated by the "cognitive efforts" :banghead: of JB: those who have been FOUND by these dogs & handlers (yeah, even those who have had their loved ones FOUND by the HRD dogs). There is almost NOTHING more touching than observing the "reunion" visit where the family or the individual kneels down and hugs (HECK, smothers him/herself in) the neck of the "precious puppy"!:rocker: I :innocent: swear the dog is "thinking" "UH AH GEE, was only doing my JOB but can I give you a big sloppy dog KISS?":great::great::great:

Or the family awoken by an untrained dog in the middle of the night when there was a fire or CO2. Or the Epilepsy patient whose dog alerted in time for a child to be placed on the ground or in a safe spot before an attack.........the gift dogs and animals give humans goes on and on and IMHO, the gratitude should too.

With tears streaming down my face I have to give tribute to my Lhasa Apso. He paid the ultimate price when an escaped inmate broke into our home while we were at work. All the horror that this man perpetrated against me with kidnapping and rape the worst thing is that he shot my dog in the head. My puppy was a mama's boy and would protect me from even my husband. His loss I will never get over but after many years I have a new boy in my life. My long haired doxie!!

When JB was so mean to the DH and questioned the ability of his faithful companion and co worker made me sick to my stomach. My guess would be that JB doesn't understand the concept of faithful and loyal should it be from human or pet.

I have no words. With tears now down my face too all I can say, is that my friends is the reason why these dogs and all dogs need support.
God bless you and I know he is blessing your Lhasa Apso who paid the ultimate price for the purest form of love a human can ever encounter. Mr baez, Caylee deserved that. I rest my case.
(((((((((((((((((((HUGS SDAVIDSON)))))))))))))) Huge hugs.

i'm jealous!
i can't even get my dog to stop peeing in her bed... let alone train her to find decomp!

i think she's "special"
she's a tea cup chihuahua.. and sadly, we got her before i knew enough to do research.
i had no idea that they would breed the runts with other runts to produce the smallest dogs possible. she will be 2 on 4/6 and weighs 2lbs 6oz and is as dumb as a rock!
she's too little to take outside, she she was paper trained and eventually litter box (with newspaper shred) trained.. but for some reason will pee all over her bed :/
i have 3 that i rotate every other day while the peed one is in the wash. thank goodness she doesn't leave her area (bed, litter box and food dishes) or she'd pee on anything that's on the floor. she's too afraid to leave her bed.. she'll stretch out on her tippy toes to eat or drink :(

Awwww Blonde-Gurl,

She sounds like my little guy (see avatar) He's tiny and "special". At 9 ,he looks 5 yrs old and will still wet the bed.
Sounds like your little princess has some sensory integration issues,too. :crazy:
You know what they say........God only gives special angels to special parents!
She is awfully cute! All 2lb 6 oz of her . That's a pound more than my son weighed at birth! Teeny preemie.
Wonder what Bones and Gerus would think of her?

There is no love greater than the love from our Lord first and secondly, our dogs.

I have a dear friend that has two German Shepherds and she loves them like they are her kids. I have a Shih-Tzu that is my heart & soul. She's my baby!

My friend with the GS called to tell me that a Police Service dog was killed in New Jersey. We were both crying on the phone. She told me the police rushed the dog to the vet's office and the police gathered there to wait for word on this service dog. The dog didn't make it. :(:(:( The policemen then covered the dog with the American flag. There was a full "honor service" funeral for this dog. Read more at link below:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2010/12/01/police-dog-killed-by-suspect/

My heart still goes out to this office that lost his companion. My heartfelt thanks go out to all the service dogs all over the world. God bless them all!

BBM

:hug:

This is why JB is trying to get the dogs "testimony " thrown out. He knows it will have a powerful effect on the jury. If he tried to disqualify the dogs in front of the jury he's the one who'd be in the dog house. The world over ,service dogs have a good reputation.JB ? Not so much. :loser:

her problem is.. she's scared of EVERYTHING! she won't even leave her bed to eat.. she'll be half in and half out of her bed.. unless a stranger comes thru the door.. then she'll bark and growl from her bed and if they try to pet her, she'll snap. she's real weird.. i keep the younger 2 kids away from her so she doesn't get trampled.. but the rare occasions they're allowed to play (supervised) she's really gentle with them and doesn't mind the poking and prodding ♥

and i agree 100% all it takes is for one dog lover on that jury and all hell will break lose when they see him badgering a dog handler!
i've sat thru many, MANY videos.. seen just about every single one that exists in this case and i have to say that what JB put dep. forgey thru was the most infuriating... dr. vass next. i'm just blown away at the disregard/disrespect he's showing these people and of course, the dogs and the science.. they aren't just regular people.. they're phenomenal people- the type of people that you kiss the ground when they walk because they're such a huge deal... they're doing all the work to make discovering human remains possible.. it's so easy to take all that hard work for granted when you're just watching a video of it... we haven't a clue as to how much has gone into their training (humans and dogs) it certainly makes a stint in law school and the 3 years Jb has under his belt look like a huge waste of life! i certainly bow down to them... they're like gods in my eyes
bow.gif

As I type this I am surrounded with little potential therapy puppies. We have a new litter of 16 day old babies and I have high hopes for all of them. Their Dam, Esme, is my certified therapy dog. She is all love, and its her "job" to brighten the darker days in peoples lives. We visit hospitals and nursing homes, schools, and businesses. She wears her vest with extreme grace and patience... like no other animal Ive ever met. Shes the kindest old soul in a young dogs body. She adores people, and understands what people need and when without so much as a spoken word. She will gently lay her head on a patients bedside if she sees that they have a limitation in coming to her. If someone needs a good chuckle, she will turn on her best Elvis impression, full lip curl and all. I have seen this dog do amazing acts on a daily basis, bringing smiles to faces that have not smiled in much too long. She isnt phased by the loud awkward machinery in a hospital, shes very aware of tubes and lines, and will maneuver around each instrument without so much as sound. Shes an angel in fur. I knew she was special when I first laid eyes on her, I wasnt leaving her breeders home without her, even though Hubs was dead set on having her sister instead. ( we took them both home lol) Oh yeah, and shes a rottweiler. Her sister is our tracker. We joke and say she could find an MnM in an acre of fescue, but its not far off from the truth. I have trained her to track and find any item that has my scent or any volunteers scent. Its her favorite game ever. we give her the "find it" command and she will search her heart out. She very rarely misses. last october she found a friends yorkie who had been lost and injured for 3 days... she found him in 20 minutes, when we humans had been searching relentlessly for the entire 3 days. She hasnt had any professional training whatsoever, just imagine what a dog with the proper training could do.
Bones and Gerus are working dogs, who performed their job to the best of their ability, like every working dog I have ever met. They have one goal, and that is to please their handler. They did that. They did exactly what they have been trained to do, and they did it without flaw! Training one of these animals is a lifelong commitment, and its not an easy task at all. the time, love, and work that goes into making one of these dogs is astounding! I have been disgusted and angry throughout this case, but now JB has hit a very personal nerve by attacking these dogs and their handler. Im just plain seeing red. Attack the science, do not attempt to discredit this man and the animals for the job they do.

"Casey Anthony defense team fights over dogs" now on In Sessions, Court TV

Oh Good Grief! Sunny ( I think her name is) on TruTV, is saying that she doesn't think the dog evidence will come into trial. She thinks this because the dogs alerted, but no remains were found. :banghead:

I have read all the above...crying reading the great stories, Jose is just a azz with NO heart. anyone that owns a Dog knows how valuable they are. I wish they could bring in people from all over the world that Dogs have found, but of course he said well they were alive..maybe they can bring pics of Dead..sorry, He just pisses me off with his stupid arguments. an those TH on IS saying they won't bring this in..WTH? Here's three cheer to Gerus an Bones..Bless you sweet babies

As I type this I am surrounded with little potential therapy puppies. We have a new litter of 16 day old babies and I have high hopes for all of them. Their Dam, Esme, is my certified therapy dog. She is all love, and its her "job" to brighten the darker days in peoples lives. We visit hospitals and nursing homes, schools, and businesses. She wears her vest with extreme grace and patience... like no other animal Ive ever met. Shes the kindest old soul in a young dogs body. She adores people, and understands what people need and when without so much as a spoken word. She will gently lay her head on a patients bedside if she sees that they have a limitation in coming to her. If someone needs a good chuckle, she will turn on her best Elvis impression, full lip curl and all. I have seen this dog do amazing acts on a daily basis, bringing smiles to faces that have not smiled in much too long. She isnt phased by the loud awkward machinery in a hospital, shes very aware of tubes and lines, and will maneuver around each instrument without so much as sound. Shes an angel in fur. I knew she was special when I first laid eyes on her, I wasnt leaving her breeders home without her, even though Hubs was dead set on having her sister instead. ( we took them both home lol) Oh yeah, and shes a rottweiler. Her sister is our tracker. We joke and say she could find an MnM in an acre of fescue, but its not far off from the truth. I have trained her to track and find any item that has my scent or any volunteers scent. Its her favorite game ever. we give her the "find it" command and she will search her heart out. She very rarely misses. last october she found a friends yorkie who had been lost and injured for 3 days... she found him in 20 minutes, when we humans had been searching relentlessly for the entire 3 days. She hasnt had any professional training whatsoever, just imagine what a dog with the proper training could do.
Bones and Gerus are working dogs, who performed their job to the best of their ability, like every working dog I have ever met. They have one goal, and that is to please their handler. They did that. They did exactly what they have been trained to do, and they did it without flaw! Training one of these animals is a lifelong commitment, and its not an easy task at all. the time, love, and work that goes into making one of these dogs is astounding! I have been disgusted and angry throughout this case, but now JB has hit a very personal nerve by attacking these dogs and their handler. Im just plain seeing red. Attack the science, do not attempt to discredit this man and the animals for the job they do.

:yourock::gthanks::tyou::loveyou:

Oh Good Grief! Sunny ( I think her name is) on TruTV, is saying that she doesn't think the dog evidence will come into trial. She thinks this because the dogs alerted, but no remains were found. :banghead:

But ,even tho the two year old that lived there was found dead,their alerts don't hold water ? :banghead: It's the SCENT ! You can't SEE scent!

But ,even tho the two year old that lived there was found dead,their alerts don't hold water ? :banghead: It's the SCENT ! You can't SEE scent!

If a body is dumped in a forest does it make a scent? OF course it does! These people are not very bright IMO. A tracking dog first smells a smell well before it finds what it is tracking. If you stop it at any moment would you say, oh it's a false positive because nothing is here for him to smell? NO

Oh no!! I was walking my dog and she started peeing blood! I guess Bichons are prone to urinary stones...hopefully that's it. I've cried more over my dog than ICA has over her baby! Just like the lady with the sign said: "I wouldn't wait 30 days to report my DOG missing." :(

I just wanted to say a word of thanks also to Gerus and Bones and their handlers!

Actually I agreed with the testimony of the defense's expert Dr. Fairgrieve regarding cadaver dog alerts being used as "evidence" regarding where a body supposedly has been. I can't agree with it as "evidence" because of the unknown and unquantifiable variables involved and the layers of human subjectivity necessarily involved, from the question of where investigators decide the dog should search to how they've set up the search, and so on.

But I certainly think very, very highly of these wonderful dogs and their handlers. I have the deepest respect and love for service dogs of all kinds. I certainly would use a dog if I were searching for someone, (as does Dr. Fairgrieve of course.) What these handlers and their dogs do in service to others is a wonderful thing. Thank you Gerus and Bones!!

What a neat thread SB and these dogs are so intelligent. I was diagnosed with Epilepsy when I was 14. Although it's controlled and I haven't had a seizure in years, I almost had one about a month ago. If not for Blade barking repeatedly for my DH, I would have taken one then. My hubby kept coming to the bedroom door, and would see me lying in the bed in the dark and would assume I was ok. He would turn to walk away and Blade would start the (he called it desperate) barking again. Finally on the fifth time of entering the bedroom he seen that I was in trouble. He immediately got my medication down me and in just a few minutes I was fine. Needless to say my dog has become my hero. People your dog can literally save your life. Mine did. :)

ETA to add, I love this thread. :)

Your dog is gorgeous by the way, Tulessa, and I loved your story. I'm glad you were okay, yay for your dog!
My brother is epileptic, he was hit by a car and had brain surgery when he was 12then the seizures started when he was 16 which of course can happen after a brain injury. Our little terrier would begin to bark, exactly like that, a desperate sort of bark, several minutes before my brother would have a seizure. He would continue barking like that throughout the seizure. My brother's seizures have been completely controlled with medication now for more than 20 years and he leads a completely normal life but if there weren't any meds a dog would be able to let him know to lie down and be safe before a seizure. I don't know if all dogs can do this but I think maybe a lot of them probably can. I'm totally fascinated by the fact that they can see, smell, hear, feel or otherwise perceive that a seizure is coming on minutes before it starts. And our dog would be so distressed for my brother, he would spin around barking, really distressed. Dogs are the greatest. And I have to say, cats too! I think cats have untapped talents. They might be good searchers too for all we know :)

p.s. edited to add Tulessa, you're right a dog can literally save your life, and they will. They care so much about our welfare. They would do anything to help you. They are so selfless. What dog would not try to save a kid from drowning for example, and things like that. It's their nature. I actually had a cat who used to be very worried any time I was in the bathtub and would try to pull me out by my hand, I think he was afraid I would drown. LOL

04/26/2011 Order Denying
Motion in Limine to Exclude All Evidence Relating to Canine Searches and Alerts

The dogs are not surprised. They sniffed the decision out hours ago. Sniff that, Baez!!

I hadn't seen this thread...how cute. So glad to see these doggies validated.

Caylee reached down and petted you both today, Gerus and Bones. Good dogs. Really good dogs!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back