Supreme Court Nominee #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is ....what is the scope? What are the limitations? I am skeptical. Are they just doing the pretense so it frees up Murkowski and Flake? I have lost trust in most of the elected officials who are involved in this fiasco. First, it was a senate investigation but only of 2 people. They said the senate investigators were highly capable of handling it. But, they hired an "assistant" to question because she was more capable and then threw that strategy out (mistake or calculate, who the freak knows). My guess is that some think they weren't capable of pulling off making the Doctor look like a party hack. This process with the FBI needs lots of sunlight to disinfect.

My prediction: They will confirm him after the week. Say, "See we did it. So women "little lady" voters won't be mad or should't be mad. The whole politicization of the court that is supposed to protect our constitution is now a sham.

Didn't Kavanaugh say that the senate had Borked Bork but they wouldn't Bork him? I think there are lots of secret handshakes and winks and nods going around. They are all slimy and would sell someone's mother for a vote.

I say the Senate Judiciary Committee should be investigated for fraud, witness tampering, and assault... JMHO.
I'm skeptical too. Flake looked bad in the elevator today when sexual assault victims confronted him and literally backed him into a corner, and I think this agreement to a one-week investigation was a way to recover from that bad look.

And as I said in the previous thread, I don't think an investigation is necessary. The allegations are part of the picture, but not the whole thing. He himself is simply a bad candidate for the position, imo.

My concern is that if the investigation is a dud, then everyone will say next week, "See! The sexual assault allegations mean nothing so therefore he must be approved." Everything else objectionable about him will be swept away in conversation about the investigation. Smoke and mirrors.

jmo

Brett Kavanaugh is a nominee for the Supreme Court. Aside from his political views, should he be judged for a possible one time situation in high school?

Women have reported that Mr. Kavanaugh has never acted inappropriately to them.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...exually-assaulted-her-it-derailed-me.amp.html

Sexual assault should be taken seriously, but this was never reported to school or law Enforcement. The men involved, have denied the allegations.

Could your life be so good that you could be scrutinized for every possible act in the last 50 years?

bill cosby was dad of the nation

matt lauer was whatever

a notion that rapists are discoverable imo is the same as mass shooters are easily known ahead of time

that doctor and his wife were raping people

that bill o riley guy

come on

rapists serial killers mass shooters come in all shapes and sizes

the 100 000 pages of hidden stuff

if any of us can predict a rapist serial killer mass shooter we need to step up and save the world

we saw him yesterday a raging nasty power and control rude unsophisticated person imagine him drunk

The question is ....what is the scope? What are the limitations? I am skeptical. Are they just doing the pretense so it frees up Murkowski and Flake? I have lost trust in most of the elected officials who are involved in this fiasco. First, it was a senate investigation but only of 2 people. They said the senate investigators were highly capable of handling it. But, they hired an "assistant" to question because she was more capable and then threw that strategy out (mistake or calculate, who the freak knows). My guess is that some think they weren't capable of pulling off making the Doctor look like a party hack. This process with the FBI needs lots of sunlight to disinfect.

My prediction: They will confirm him after the week. Say, "See we did it. So women "little lady" voters won't be mad or should't be mad. The whole politicization of the court that is supposed to protect our constitution is now a sham.

Didn't Kavanaugh say that the senate had Borked Bork but they wouldn't Bork him? I think there are lots of secret handshakes and winks and nods going around. They are all slimy and would sell someone's mother for a vote.

I say the Senate Judiciary Committee should be investigated for fraud, witness tampering, and assault... JMHO.

i agree but it is the best the world can do

imo in frees up some of the 100,000 documents buried

it will be interesting to see what else comes out

but it may be very upsetting

so as my Vicki Sue

sings HOld Tight!!

Here's what experts who study sexual violence say about the credibility of Christine Blasey Ford's testimony

<snip>

To some members of the committee, those missing memories cast doubt on all of Ford’s allegations. But should they?

In an effort to assess her credibility — and by implication, that of Kavanaugh — The Times asked experts in sexual trauma whether Ford’s testimony was consistent with the research findings and clinical observations they have made or encountered in their own work.

Here’s what they told us.

<snip>

The brain is always encoding memories, most of which we could not necessarily be able to recall years or decades later. Otherwise, we would remember every time and every place we ever parked our car.

But we do tend to remember stressful events. We do this because we need to use those memories to help us survive now and in the future. Memories are not there just for reminiscing — they are vital for our survival.

It is also important to realize that the people at the party who were not assaulted or stressed by the event are not as likely to remember it. For her, it was a memorable event; for them, it may have just been another time hanging out with few friends hanging at a house. This applies to the people downstairs but perhaps even for the two boys, especially if they were intoxicated.

<snip>

She gave one of the most credible accounts I have ever heard from a victim.

<snip>

Across several studies, I have found consistent evidence for a group of young men who perpetrate the type of sexual violence described in these allegations, but only at a relatively young age — about 14 to 20 years old. These men then stop perpetrating altogether either before or shortly after they begin college.

This is part of a more general trend researchers have identified regarding adolescent antisocial behavior that disappears once an individual reaches adulthood.

Based on my research, 70% to 75% of young men who perpetrated sexual violence only do so during a relatively limited time frame. Very few of the men who commit sexual violence are serial offenders, so I was not surprised by the idea that these behaviors were limited to adolescence.

Much more at link: https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-ford-testimony-credibility-memory-20180928-story.html?outputType=amp

the real question here with all of a sudden this confusion about recall following trauma has been buried by common sense in another whole domain

please send me cash if any of you would

acknowledge being at the scene of a murder 35 years ago

acknowledge that your friend is an arsonist and you were there the night she burned down a building

so much of this had been nonsense with the focus on well all the people there denied it

really?

if it was 36 hours ago give it a whirl

36 years ago lie

everyone there that night could go to prison for not doing anything to help her or call the cops on the creeps

if one is honest with themselves they would conclude they too will probably not be coming forward and saying yea i was there the night my buddy was too drunk to rape her but he tried

ask yourselves an honest question -- would you tell you were there or would you try i cant recall after all its 35 years ago

look at all the stuff with that hazing where the poor guy died

I can be honest with myself and acknowledge that i would not tell anyone if i was at the scene of attempted rape 35 years ago

white house with calender today was stunning those folks have some explaining to do and will be included in this

I had two years of dorm living trust me after she ran out the two of them boasted man i gave it to her she was seeing stars cause i am so great

really there is no conversation between a houseful of drunk guys when a woman runs out of the house looking wrecked

speaking in generalities caution

speaking in generalities

hetero drunk dudes are obnoxious when they are with each other - especially when it comes to their delusional performances in bed !!

come on

Last edited:
I think blacking out is a non starter when it comes to Dr. Ford.

It goes against what she testified to in the hearing. He left the room on his own two feet according to her and bound down stairs along with MJ....to party downstairs with the others.

It may have been relevant if she had said he was so drunk he passed out on top of her but that is not what she said happened.

Has anyone been able to locate Dr. Ford's yearbook? I think hers would be interesting to see too to see who she was. Who her friends were and what she liked doing back then. Tia

Jmo

If one reads about blacking out, it is fascinating. People have found themselves in cities far away without any idea of how they got there, for instance.

Blacking out is not passing out

Last edited:
Few women come forward after sexual assault.. Of course men would deny. Why doesn't he take polygraph? I bet that is one of the first things FBI will request--and Kavanaugh recently touted polygraphs--see link up thread. I heard a poll that stated a lot of Republican women don't think sexual assault is disqualifying. Sad. I just saw his rant again on MSNBC with talk of Clinton conspiracy. He is wrong for Supreme Court especially with all these people coming forward to say he lied Thursday.

Twilight zone. Sexual assault is not a big deal. That is why someone like Brock Turner can get off. Mind numbing.

I have known a lot, a lot of people who were black out drunk--- they slurred and stumbled but they walked and communicated, usually threw-up at some point, had sex with someone and didn't remember, ate full meals, BUT didn't remember almost anything of the time frame when the alcohol was at its highest concentration in their bodies. There is a difference between black out drunk and passed out drunk. Passed out may happen after black out or not.

Also, I don't think Dr. Ford has said she was a choir girl. I would imagine that she had been drunk many a time and partied many a time. No one asked her to my knowledge. I would imagine she would be honest.

AND, this is what makes me call BS on the nominee--- it seems like he avoided being referenced as being drunk, people he knows have said he could drink heavily and be belligerent. Doubt it would happen but I would love to see the nominee answer that question under oath. Just be honest. Even, Bill Clinton admitted that he inhaled---what a nightmare that was.

But what was she wearing? Had she had sex in the past? Does she drink? What kind of student was she? Did she like going to parties? Certainly this is her fault. She must have enticed them somehow. Been a tease. You know the type.

Apparently we are still there. I thought this line of thought was gone a long time ago

We know from multiple people that there were wild parties. There is no doubt of that. I imagine that parties happened a lot. Is someone going to remember one party from the next? And if they were not in the room with her, I don’t think they would know what happened.

It sounds like this kind of scene was not unusual. I hope Judge will tell the truth. But he may not remember.

Alcohol abuse takes a toll. It results in insanity or death.

I'm skeptical too. Flake looked bad in the elevator today when sexual assault victims confronted him and literally backed him into a corner, and I think this agreement to a one-week investigation was a way to recover from that bad look.

And as I said in the previous thread, I don't think an investigation is necessary. The allegations are part of the picture, but not the whole thing. He himself is simply a bad candidate for the position, imo.

My concern is that if the investigation is a dud, then everyone will say next week, "See! The sexual assault allegations mean nothing so therefore he must be approved." Everything else objectionable about him will be swept away in conversation about the investigation. Smoke and mirrors.

jmo[/QUOTE

jmo
I feel the same way, I don't think he's ever been a great candidate.

jmo

Bbm: Apparently Jeff Flake lost sleep this week.

He opened up the convo.

Good for him. I saw him frozen in the elevator.

Women are half of this country.

And there needs to be a path for women who need to bring it to the courts, even to the highest court.

I hope they can do that.
Xo
Rose

How Reliable Are the Memories of Sexual Assault Victims?

This is interesting, and makes quite a bit of sense. But I would have liked to have known how much alcohol Dr. Ford had that night, as an under age drinker, and how the alcohol affected her memories, and subsequent interpretations of events.

They were both under age drinkers, weren't they? The Dr. testified she had one beer, iirc. moo

ETA: Kavanaugh says it was legal for seniors to drink when he was in high school, but Maryland's drinking age was raised to 21 when he was 17

Looks like more accusations. And the FBI will do a brief FBI investigation.

Interesting. They agree to a one week vote. An FBI investigation in ONE week! I wonder how many agents will be scrambling for this investigation. Usually, that is not the normal time frame.

I don't have much faith in the "investigation," but I am hoping that our representatives will hear from their constituents over that week and vote according to their wishes. It is their job to represent, after all. Many of them seem to forget that with great frequency.

Another Yale classmate came forward tonight on CNN at 9:00 to dispute Kavanaugh's testimony Thursday. Liz Swisher said Kavanaugh was a "sloppy drunk" at Yale into drinking parties etc. She said he clearly perjured himself and is now disqualified for the court.

we must not forget that one of the biggest components of alcoholism is denial . He displayed such yesterday on several occasions

in fact several of his most un supreme court like outbursts was when confronted about his problems with alcohol

If one reads about blacking out, it is fascinating. People have found themselves in cities far away without any idea of how they got there, for instance.

Blacking out is not passing out
Yes, people seem to confused blacking out and passing out. Passing out is when a person loses consciousness. Blacking out is when a person appears conscious but later on has not recollection of what he/she did while drunk.

Last edited:
I think blacking out is a non starter when it comes to Dr. Ford.

It goes against what she testified to in the hearing. He left the room on his own two feet according to her and bound down stairs along with MJ....to party downstairs with the others.

It may have been relevant if she had said he was so drunk he passed out on top of her but that is not what she said happened.

Has anyone been able to locate Dr. Ford's yearbook? I think hers would be interesting to see too to see who she was. Who her friends were and what she liked doing back then. Tia

Jmo
Blacking out and passing out isn't the same thing. Alcoholic memory blackout would be a person doing something while drunk but not remembering it later.

"Memory loss, or a blackout, is thought to occur when your blood alcohol content reaches 14 percent or higher. You may not have any memory of the time that’s passed when your blood alcohol content is above that threshold."
Blackouts: Causes, Side Effects, and Prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member