Supreme Court Nominee #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is untrue. It’s your opinion and you’re speaking only for yourself, and obviously you’re welcome to it, but not only do I disagree with you, there’s plenty of evidence to support my opinion. To overgeneralize to such a degree should be offensive to all women, imo.

Let’s go over the issues:

What was the entire Kavanaugh hearing about? What did people get upset about?

His lying — under oath. Sexual assault. Misogyny. Privilege. It’s documented all through these threads. To imply otherwise feels intellectually dishonest, imo.

People are especially upset about sexist partisanship, and how that impacts every level of how women live.

I could give two poops about abortion in and itself, other than the fact that illegalizing all the related issues that come with it — blocking access to women’s healthcare and reproductive health — are fundamentally detrimental to a woman’s right to autonomy and medical care as directed between her and her doctor.

I’m worried about criminals in our government being adjudicated “above the law.”

I’m worried about the tent internment camps along our borders filled with children. I’m concerned about immigration reform.

I’m worried about our environment.

I’m concerned about prison reform.

I’m concerned about employee rights.

I’m concerned about women’s rights.

I’m concerned about hate, white Nationalism, racism, prejudice, bigotry, xenophobia.

I’m concerned about proven partisan liars being sent into the Supreme Court of our United States with a clearly partisan party-line vote.

Me too. The cries of anguish. We empathize. We have seen the before and now are terrified of going back to the past. The air and water of death and deformity. The out there discrimination,

We see who loves it and I weep. I weep because people are so filled with self loathing. The racism, the homophobia, the misogamy . We know it comes from soul sickness.

Since those on the SC are chosen by the standing POTUS, it's unlikely that it will, or has been for a long time in the past, apolitical.

I never said or claimed court appointments were apolitical. I’m curious as to how what I said could be misunderstood.

What I said is they haven’t been politicized like the Kavanaugh case has been. And they’ve progressively and aggressively become more so over the last 30-40 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ly-politicized-it-doesnt-have-to-be-that-way/

How America’s Supreme Court became so politicised

Last edited:
It is unlikely Roe vs. Wade would be over turned, more likely is that it would become a "States rights" issue. And return this decision, back to states to determine their own laws.

I am not sure what I think about "States Rights", because if we had left this, many states would still be far behind the 8 ball on Civil rights issues.

That being said, I think that the rank and file voters are ready for conservative government, conservative court decisions. This may have swung the pendulum way far right, but the people in power may need to see this as. "Wake Up Call".

Will Trump be able to put any more justices on Supreme Court? I don't know. But I don't see Kavanaugh's appointment as the beginning of the "Handmaid's Tale".

My husband was an Economics/History major. He frequently refers to the "pendulum" of history and how trends change over time to equalize how government works for all. The pendulum has swung to the left for a couple of decades and needs to adjust to a more realistic balance. Some folks will prefer the pendulum swinging right, or left, respectively, but our nation will survive the temporary turmoil as it has in the past, and, eventually, the pendulum will move back to the center - or at least, closer to the center.

Who makes the choice for the child?

Kavanaugh? Certainly not a medical professional if Kavanaugh votes against women’s reproduce rights.

If whatever decision is medically advised, it’s nobody else’s business.

That’s all I’m saying about this. To continue discussing it along any other so-called “moral” vein would be wildly off-topic and inappropriate

MOO, all of it

Last edited:
Kavanaugh? Certainly not a medical professional if he votes against women’s reproduce rights.

If whatever decision is medically advised, it’s nobody else’s business.

That’s all I’m saying about this. To continue discussing it along any other so-called “moral” vein would be wildly off-topic and inappropriate

MOO, all of it

I have a feeling that if we go down this bait road, the thread will slam shut

This is untrue. It’s your opinion and you’re speaking only for yourself, and obviously you’re welcome to it, but not only do I disagree with you, there’s plenty of evidence to support my opinion. To overgeneralize to such a degree should be offensive to all women, imo.

His lying — under oath. Sexual assault. Misogyny. Privilege. It’s documented all through these threads. To imply otherwise feels intellectually dishonest, imo.

People are especially upset about sexist partisanship, and how that impacts every level of how women live.

I could give two poops about abortion in and itself, other than the fact that illegalizing all the related issues that come with it — blocking access to women’s healthcare and reproductive health — are fundamentally detrimental to a woman’s right to autonomy and medical care as directed between her and her doctor.

I’m worried about criminals in our government being adjudicated “above the law.”

I’m worried about the tent internment camps along our borders filled with children. I’m concerned about immigration reform.

I’m concerned about hate, white Nationalism, racism, prejudice, bigotry, xenophobia.

I’m concerned about proven partisan liars being sent into the Supreme Court of our United States with a clearly partisan party-line vote.

Woah...I guess this is the perfect time to leave this thread and go make my Carmel cake for our grandchildren who are coming for lunch tomorrow along with their parents.

First and foremost I didn't even see your post. I read what BDE posted and then replied. It's simple as that.

I will no longer post in this thread. That should make plenty very happy.

Take care.

Roe v Wade made abortion a constitutional RIGHT. Constitutional rights apply to peeps in all states.

By definition, if states are allowed again to decide whether women have the right to control their own pregnant bodies, it will be because Roe v Wade is OVERTURNED.
The right to have an abortion if the mother's life or health is at stake will never be overturned in my opinion. What has changed since Roe v Wade is the point of fetal viability and that most certainly could be modified because of advancements in neonatal care.
JMO

Woah...I guess this is the perfect time to leave this thread and go make my Carmel cake for our grandchildren who are coming for lunch tomorrow along with their parents.

First and foremost I didn't even see your post. I read what BDE posted and then replied. It's simple as that.

Take care.

Plenty will miss you in this thread, OBE. While making your cake for your grandchildren, you can be content knowing our country has been saved and their future is finally looking bright.

I never said or claimed court appointments were apolitical. I’m curious as to how what I said could be misunderstood.

What I said is they haven’t been politicized like the Kavanaugh case has been. And they’ve progressively and aggressively become more so over the last 30-40 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ly-politicized-it-doesnt-have-to-be-that-way/

Your orig. post was thus:

"Future of Supreme Court’s neutral reputation rests on Kavanaugh vote

Will confirming what many see as a highly partisan figure in Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court erase any remaining notion that the highest court in the land is apolitical? Joy Reid and her panel discuss."

And my comment was that it's not been apolitical for a long time.

Take care.

I hope you stay, your input has been both enlightening and filled with truth.

I just took apple/cinnamon/walnut bread out of the oven, enjoy your cake and kids!

Your orig. post was thus:

"Future of Supreme Court’s neutral reputation rests on Kavanaugh vote

Will confirming what many see as a highly partisan figure in Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court erase any remaining notion that the highest court in the land is apolitical? Joy Reid and her panel discuss."

And my comment was that it's not been apolitical for a long time.

I replied. I added links, too. To wit:

Take care.

OBE, it’s apparent emotions are running high here. I, for one, don’t want to see you leave. Your well thought out comments are important to discussion. Maybe take a short break if need be. But please return. Enjoy your cake baking!

I hate seeing this country so divided, it breaks my heart. Whatever happened to the golden rule?

Why can't we just all get along at least to the point of allowing differences without forcing our beliefs down anyone else's throat?

I have a feeling that if we go down this bait road, the thread will slam shut

Please don't make claims of "bait". Not warranted.

The topic of abortion was brought up due to many claiming that with Kavanaughs seat, R vs. W will be removed. It may, it may not. Personally I feel that it should, for a variety of reason...Kava may feel differently. Even if a repeal is attempted, I seriously doubt it will succeed, sadly, but I do think (as someone else mentioned) it might be modified due to the health advancements in viability.

I hope you stay, your input has been both enlightening and filled with truth.

I just took apple/cinnamon/walnut bread out of the oven, enjoy your cake and kids!

I am off to waste money at the craft store, ad ends today.

An excellent discussion. And well done debate. I will still stand that an investigation that goes into activities done in adolescence, should not have merit on government appointments. The last 10 years is important. Not the last 45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025