Supreme Court Nominee #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was meant towards my post, I posted Trump’s comment because there was a prior question as to when BK would be sworn in. Trump’s comment included that information.

No, the bump of @Tricia ’s post wasn’t directed toward you. Why would you think it would be?

Last edited:
I watched Susan Collin's speech yesterday and was very impressed with her thoughtful, well-researched statement. Senator Collins has always championed women's issues. I certainly don't feel that her decision to vote in favor of Kavanaugh's confirmation suggests that she will no longer support women's rights.
I thought Collins gave a great speech!

With all due respect, Senator Collins spoke to issues other than Roe v. Wade. There are many cases beyond Roe v. Wade that will be heard by the Supreme Court of the United States. Roe v. Wade isn't a deal-breaker for me, and it's unfortunate that so much emphasis has been placed on this single issue.

It is unlikely Roe vs. Wade would be over turned, more likely is that it would become a "States rights" issue. And return this decision, back to states to determine their own laws.

I am not sure what I think about "States Rights", because if we had left this, many states would still be far behind the 8 ball on Civil rights issues.

That being said, I think that the rank and file voters are ready for conservative government, conservative court decisions. This may have swung the pendulum way far right, but the people in power may need to see this as. "Wake Up Call".

Will Trump be able to put any more justices on Supreme Court? I don't know. But I don't see Kavanaugh's appointment as the beginning of the "Handmaid's Tale".

You’re wrong. Civil rights battles are won one march, one step at a time.

They’re just getting started. This battle isn’t over. Women will be heard.

Civil Rights? You're kidding right?

This isn't about civil rights, this is about ANGRY, politically biased people who can't take no for an answer.

Women are heard, I am woman, hear ME roar!

I am sick and tired of the nonsense that goes on in the name of women's victim hood, and I was a victim!

HONESTY is what matters, for ALL, not just women.

No, the bump of @Tricia’s post wasn’t directed toward you. Why would you think it would be?

Because you stated it was. You deleted your post after I quoted it and responded to you.

It is unlikely Roe vs. Wade would be over turned, more likely is that it would become a "States rights" issue. And return this decision, back to states to determine their own laws.

I am not sure what I think about "States Rights", because if we had left this, many states would still be far behind the 8 ball on Civil rights issues.

That being said, I think that the rank and file voters are ready for conservative government, conservative court decisions. This may have swung the pendulum way far right, but the people in power may need to see this as. "Wake Up Call".

Will Trump be able to put any more justices on Supreme Court? I don't know. But I don't see Kavanaugh's appointment as the beginning of the "Handmaid's Tale".

Roe v Wade made abortion a constitutional RIGHT. Constitutional rights apply to peeps in all states.

By definition, if states are allowed again to decide whether women have the right to control their own pregnant bodies, it will be because Roe v Wade is OVERTURNED.

With all due respect, Senator Collins spoke to issues other than Roe v. Wade. There are many cases beyond Roe v. Wade that will be heard by the Supreme Court of the United States. Roe v. Wade isn't a deal-breaker for me, and it's unfortunate that so much emphasis has been placed on this single issue.

A man or woman hears what they want to hear. That is a nice trigger word to get people riled up on both sides. Immigrsnt issues are important on both sides as well. The kids in cages is a trigger. And Social Security and health care. Guns as well. So many things really

I agree. I have heard Roe vs. Wade more than anything on the Senate floor by the democrats.

It has made it seem like that is what ALl women care about when truthfully each individual woman have many diverse things they think are most important to them based on their own personal life.

Often it's based on their
own individual life instead of collectively as 'group think' of women in total.

Jmo

This is untrue. It’s your opinion and you’re speaking only for yourself, and obviously you’re welcome to it, but not only do I disagree with you, there’s plenty of evidence to support my opinion. To overgeneralize to such a degree should be offensive to all women, imo.

Let’s go over the issues:

What was the entire Kavanaugh hearing about? What did people get upset about?

His lying — under oath. Sexual assault. Misogyny. Privilege. It’s documented all through these threads. To imply otherwise feels intellectually dishonest, imo.

People are especially upset about sexist partisanship, and how that impacts every level of how women live.

I could give two poops about abortion in and itself, other than the fact that illegalizing all the related issues that come with it — blocking access to women’s healthcare and reproductive health — are fundamentally detrimental to a woman’s right to autonomy and medical care as directed between her and her doctor.

I’m worried about criminals in our government being adjudicated “above the law.”

I’m worried about the tent internment camps along our borders filled with children. I’m concerned about immigration reform.

I’m worried about our environment.

I’m concerned about prison reform.

I’m concerned about employee rights.

I’m concerned about women’s rights.

I’m concerned about hate, white Nationalism, racism, prejudice, bigotry, xenophobia.

I’m concerned about proven partisan liars being sent into the Supreme Court of our United States with a clearly partisan party-line vote.

Roe v Wade made abortion a constitutional RIGHT.

Not exactly.

"The Court ruled 7–2 that a right to privacy under the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment extended to a woman's decision to have an abortion, but that this right must be balanced against the state's interests in regulating abortions: protecting women's health and protecting the potentiality of human life."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025