Supreme Court Nominee #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I would not be in a "reflective" mood, if I was accused of the things Judge BK is being accused of.
I would be furious. Add to that, my family and my good name being attacked and I would be scorched earth.
Then having to sit in front of the world, being grilled by the senate about these accusations and my high school drinking?
Pizzed off to the maximum comes to my mind.
"Reflective?" When you and your family are under attack???
Not me.
I am surprised he held it together as well as he did.
Last, but, not least. These people were baiting him from what I watched.
He wisely chose to focus on the charges by Dr. Ford, and ignore the baits.
Smart man. IMO
Could that explain his constant lying?

He could have thought about how he would respond. Perhaps he did. What I saw was him responding like an angry snob and I'm not impressed. But I guess some people are okay with a Supreme Court Justice behaving like BK did during the hearing. I find him immature, lacking self control, and embarrassing.

If he were reflective, he could have shown patience for the process, calm demeanor, confidence in his innocence, maturity. It's possible to be firm and strong without lashing out and yelling.

In fact, strong people are often calm when confronted. It's a sign of leadership and wisdom, imo, to remain calm, especially in conflict.

Lashing out when angry is a sign on immaturity, imo.

But....we'll disagree. I'm totally okay with that.

jmo
We'll agree to disagree. imo, BK's rage against the injustice of being falsely accused is an excellent quality for any judge to have. The accused aren't supposed to have to prove their innocence.

We'll agree to disagree. imo, BK's rage against the injustice of being falsely accused is an excellent quality for any judge to have. The accused aren't supposed to have to prove their innocence.
I didn't say he had to prove his innocence and I didn't say he shouldn't be angry.

I think he should maintain composure.

jmo

he has got to be doing a lot of back channel stuff with the bar association and a lawyer

at this point i would think his biggest worry is getting disbarred

Newbie here. Question: What happens to Dr. Ford if the FBI report determines Judge Kavanaugh is innocent of her charges? Jail time? Can she be sued by JK for libel, defamation?

Ocean, I hope I am misreading your post. I don't usually resp0nd to things like this, but it is bothering me.
1) When someone spikes a drink, it would be rare for anyone else to see it being done.
2)"conveniently" these two people died??/ I found that quite an insensitive statement .... surely you don't mean it the way it came across? I am sure she didn't plan for the two people she may have told to have died.

JMO ... apology if I misunderstood

1) Someone added alcohol , i.e., liquor, to the punch bowl. Or, to someone’s Pina Colada without their knowledge;
Or, someone carried their own liquor in to spike their own drink and /or others with their knowledge because they thought it was too weak and they wanted it stronger . ( yes, happens all the time) :)

2). She meant they were deceased, as in they could no longer be witnesses to what she alleged to have happened, as in, it was quite convenient for her to no longer have witnesses to disprove what she was saying.
No, she did not plan on anyone dying.

I didn't say he had to prove his innocence and I didn't say he shouldn't be angry.

I think he should maintain composure.

jmo
I don't believe any judge should "maintain composure" when falsely accused of a serious crime. It gives them insight into how others have felt when put into the same position. Agreeing to disagree means just that. JMO

I said I don't believe any judge should "maintain composure" when falsely accused of a serious crime. It gives them insight into how others have felt when put into the same position. Agreeing to disagree means just that. JMO
I don't think his anger as he displayed gives him any insight to what others go through, but of course I have no way of knowing. But, if it does, that is reflective....which is a word I've been criticized for using. Go figure.

Newbie here. Question: What happens to Dr. Ford if the FBI report determines Judge Kavanaugh is innocent of her charges? Jail time? Can she be sued by JK for libel, defamation?

Don't you remember
how many times Grassley & Graham & Hatch etc. repeated the same line, in explaining why a FBI investigation into any of these charges was pointless?

"The FBI does not make conclusions."

The FBI won't find anyone innocent or guilty of anything. Allowed to do their job, they will track leads & witnesses to try to determine whether evidence presented, asserted, or alleged can be verified or refuted. Dots. Senators are supposed to connect the dots.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Maybe you misheard? Swetnick might have clarified her sworn statement while discussing it, but she certainly isn't contradicting it.

Her sworn testimony does not, in fact, state that she witnessed anyone spiking punch. She said she "became aware of efforts by Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh and others to spike the punch at house parties."

The sworn statement also says she "witnessed efforts by Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh and others to cause girls to be inebriated and disoriented so they could then be gang raped in a side room or bedroom by a train of numerous boys."

She says a whole lot of things in that statement, but watching them spike punch bowls is not one of them.

Here's a link to her sworn statement. And a pdf download.

Screen shots of that portion of her statement:
View attachment 149367
View attachment 149368
That's the same as what I heard/read. She says she did not see BK spike the punch, but she thought it possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08