Supreme Court Nominee #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want new carpeting in there!!! I bet it smells like moth balls!

hey i have learned a lot I have never seen any of this BS before.

I only got addicted to all this the week FLynn went crawling all over DC begging for immunity - that was when i knew oh goodness bad things have happened!

What Christine Blasey Ford’s witness has to say after being left out of the FBI probe
I have not yet seen this letter from Keith Koehler, a California intellectual property rights lawyer and family friend of Dr and Mr Ford, linked in this thread. This and the other three supporting affadavits were instrumental in helping me come to the conclusion that Dr Ford was telling the truth in her testimony and that I would urge my Senators to vote no on the Kavanaugh confirmation, and to pick another highly qualified conservative justice for the Court.
Of course it is possible to level false charges of attempted rape, but her friends and husbands accounts of how the accusations came to light were written by people who know what is at stake for lying in a sworn affidavit. If I had a friend who was troubled and making up false rape accusations, the last thing I would do is swear under oath that she had told me about it years ago.
The number of unlikely factors that all have to come together to support the assertion that she is incorrect strains common sense to me. I don’t believe that a woman who has been so uninterested in politics that her sum contributions over the years has been less than $50 decided to start cultivating a plan at least 6 years ago—the first time we know she mentioned Judge Kavanaugh by name—to lay the ground work just in case he was nominated to the Supreme Court. Recall that Barack Obama was President at the time. She had to convince others to go along with this also.
I find it overwhelmingly more likely that Judge Kavanaugh, immersed in the culture of Georgetown Prep, did a horrible thing while drunk at 17, thinking it was all a big lark, and either does not remember or (I lean towards) is unwilling to own up to it because of the potential costs to his reputation, career, and family.
Without claiming special expertise, I am from the area in question and have taught and worked very closely for years with students from Georgetown Prep, Holton Arms, Landon, The Potomac School, and the like. My familiarity with these schools makes the description and stories believable to me, sad to say.
I did my very best to look at it with an open and rational mind, while maintaining empathy for the pain of all involved. I cannot but think that most people who are so sure that she is mistaken or lying are looking at this from a very partisan political perspective and would find some reason to dismiss any evidence presented.
Now if I can figure how to link from my phone! If I can’t, you may google Keith Koegler’s letter. Please read the full text of the letter, not excerpted snippets interspersed with editorializing from your chosen team, har har. His letter was the one I found most compelling, although Russell Ford’s was also a contributing factor.
I conclude with much sadness that a dishonest man who has not come to terms with his past behavior is being installed on the highest Court in our land.

From you link:

• I believe, with every fiber of my being, that Christine Blasey Ford has testified truthfully about her assault by Brett Kavanaugh. I have the benefit of knowing Christine, but if you saw her testimony and you didn’t find her credible, you know nothing about sexual assault.

Hear, hear!

bbm

Kavanaugh is voted in.

ETA
*probably

They’re counting votes now. One withdrew their vote

The lighting needs to be redone --

my goodness

ok its over in terms of the dance

we will take this darkness as it comes

it takes a long time as we have learned via Mueller corrections take time

I wonder years and years ago did the media know what the outcome would be ? Like was it only when the roll call was actually called in the 50's was it in that moment only that the nation knew?

been a grueling experience but we are seasoned in madness the last couple of years -- so we are getting better ( different word might be needed ) but used to insanity and embarrassing stuff.

A very wounded nation crawls along........to where ..........who knows...........

Last edited:
I emailed Senator Manchin and suggested he talk to someone about switching parties already. He's not fooling anyone. I don't think I can bring myself to vote for him next month.

Tweet by Women's March:

"We took the Capital. We sat the streets outside SCOTUS. We disrupted the Senate proceedings.

We want to be able to tell the next generation we did everything we could."

I am so proud & inspired by our children and our grandchildren who understand what's at stake and who are leading the way to our way back.

Kavanaugh Confirmed To Supreme Court

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., called Kavanaugh's confirmation "a low moment for the Senate, the court, and the country," and said of Kavanaugh, "he doesn't belong on the nation's highest bench."

Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., who was first elected in the so-called year of the woman in 1992 after the confirmation of Justice Clarence Thomas, said that in confirming Kavanaugh the Senate would be telling young girls and women that "your voices just don't matter."

President Trump told reporters just before the vote that Kavanaugh is "going to make us all very proud. I also feel very strongly that, in the end, the process, it was really unattractive, but the extra week was something that I think was really good."​

The next generation now has a SCOTUS with a majority who understand and don't want to change our Constitution. Thank God the good guys finally prevailed.

Not a beer drinker, but I'm going to have one tonight to honor BK and to celebrate that the bullies didn't win again.

Brett Kavanaugh confirmed by Senate in 50-48 vote, will ascend to Supreme Court

The Senate voted on Saturday to confirm Brett Kavanaugh as the newest member of the Supreme Court, voting largely along party lines to end an emotional weeks-long debate characterized by explosive allegations of sexual assault.

Kavanaugh, 53, a federal appeals court judge who investigated President Bill Clinton and worked for his successor, President George W. Bush, is President Donald Trump's second high court nominee in two years, following Justice Neil Gorsuch, who was confirmed in 2017.

Democrats' chances of successfully stopping Kavanaugh's confirmation were broadly viewed as slim throughout the majority of the confirmation process.​

Tweet by Women's March:

"We took the Capital. We sat the streets outside SCOTUS. We disrupted the Senate proceedings.

We want to be able to tell the next generation we did everything we could."

I am so proud & inspired by our children and our grandchildren who understand what's at stake and who are leading the way to our way back.
Disrupting the the proceedings served no purpose whatsoever.

It just showed total disrespect for the process.

They should be ashamed of themselves for acting like fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717