Supreme Court Nominee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was tearing up at moments as well,but I expected that. I haven't changed my mind and still believe her account of what happened.
So sorry she had to live with this all those years and still is. IMO

And this is part of the problem with SM. Feelings are not facts. This situation should be about facts, and ONLY facts.

A man's life, and that of his families, are being torn apart. In fact, this situation has the potential to create a huge impact on how our country goes forth. Facts are what matters now.

And this is part of the problem with SM. Feelings are not facts. This situation should be about facts, and ONLY facts.

A man's life, and that of his families, are being torn apart. In fact, this situation has the potential to create a huge impact on how our country goes forth. Facts are what matters now.

What facts is he claiming? Out of curiosity.

Then why the need for accounts? And why wouldn't she know the atty's. were paying for the poly? Why get the poly in August, before it was (supposedly) clear that someone was going to release her claims?

Facts are why an investigation are needed and her life through no fault on her part has been put in disarray or torn apart if you will.
I'm with Cory Booker...heroic for coming forward with her story. IMO

whew

we need a half time

he effed up his thing on Fox

no reason to expect he can handle this any better

buckle in

my take is they will use his best friends book bragging about how many woman they violated during all those years

will be interesting to see how his non fiction book fits in

break time

That is not apples and apples. She was not 8 years old.

So if he did the same thing to a young child (she was underage, 15...let's keep that in mind) would you dismiss a similar sexual attack? There does not have to be penetration for one to be sexually assaulted. Not legally, not morally.

If he attacked an 8 year old, would you still say "it was 37 years ago, there was no rape?"

That he did not do this.

And all those that Ford has claimed as "witnesses" have discounted her story. All of them.
That isn't a fact it is a claim. IMO
One discounted her story likely due to his involvement and the others were in a different part of the house when the incident took place.

Of course not. However he is not a registered sex offender and he has never been arrested or tried for any kind of assault or anything as far as I know.

So even if he were a sex offender registered felon you would find him fit to be a nominee for the Supreme Court?

Then why the need for accounts? And why wouldn't she know the atty's. were paying for the poly? Why get the poly in August, before it was (supposedly) clear that someone was going to release her claims?
BBM. She stated in her testimony that the accounts were set up to pay for her security detail (which has become necessary to protect her safety).

Does anyone know when Kavanaugh starts testifying?

Of course not. However he is not a registered sex offender and he has never been arrested or tried for any kind of assault or anything as far as I know.
Right but you said even if her claims were true he shouldn't be disqualified, which if they were true he should be a sex offender registered felon, so I was confused.

Kavanaugh should be grateful to her and others that the allegations didn't come out years ago. His "performance" today better be better than Fox interview with his laughable and disputed claims. He won't be able to stick to saying "I just want a fair process" 18 times when Sen Kamala Harris questions him. He's a weasel.

I did not suffer rape but a very mild assault compared to her’s. I was 13-15 years old. I don’t remember my age. I remember exactly where I was and the perp who I guess was around my age.

I never told anyone.That is the last thing I would do because that would have meant curtailing my freedom. No being outside by myself at night or going to friend’s houses.

Another friend in college was threatened with a scissors. She got away. Back in the 70’s. She was underage drinking and walked home alone at night. Two reasons at the time that she thought it meant it was her fault.

I truly wonder if there are any women who did not suffer some kind of sexual assault. It has been incredible to me to hear of so many former classmates from the late 60’s talking about what happened to them. We never ever shared that. I was totally clueless.

So their side is fact? What "proof" is there of that? And why won't the alleged witness to it testify? Where are his "facts?"

He does NOT have to prove himself innocent of the accusation! That is NOT what this country is built on!!!!

She made the claims, she has to provide validation for them.

How about I claim that Ford showed up at my house last night and egged it due to my posts? Can I sue her for damage to my home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezinu