SURPRISE HEARING Friday 18th August

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LOL ot, for me it's "would of" and "should of" JMO

HA!! I hate that too!! And it's a "mute" point. Really?? :crazy:

I'm really hating that people can't even tweet from inside the courtroom. The suspense is killing me.

TDevonFox tweet

Natalie from Dixie Chicks reporting gag order lifted and WM3 will go free.

hmmmm...is she in the courtroom?? Disregarding the judges order of no tweeting? Oh well, she's a celebrity....nevermind...

Actions News 5 reporting that the WM3 will be participating in the press conference immediately following the public hearing.

Would you agree to that if you were in prison all these years and knew you were totally innocent? I'd want to get compensated and big time too. Not just a here you go....sign this and you're on your way but by signing this you have to admit guilt to the crime. HUH???? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Someone posted there is no compensation there. I think they know they will never get a statement of innocence, and know this is the best they will ever get. JMO. Should they sit and rot in jail waiting for something they know will never come? IMO, no.

hmmmm...is she in the courtroom?? Disregarding the judges order of no tweeting? Oh well, she's a celebrity....nevermind...

No, reporter tweeted what was said before reporter went into the courtroom.

They are aware of the case, and monitor it, but the Innocence Project only gets involved when someone has no other means of defense. These three have had a support group for longer than the Innocence Project has even existed so they've never needed their help.

I think they did file an Amicus brief with the ASSC to protest against Judge Burnett's interpretation of the DNA statute though.

Thank you!

Someone posted there is no compensation there. I think they know they will never get a statement of innocence, and know this is the best they will ever get. JMO. Should they sit and rot in jail waiting for something they know will never come? IMO, no.

Double-edge sword. If innocent, guilty will forever go free. :banghead:

There is no forensic evidence that ties these three to this crime, DNA evidence points way from these 3----stepdad's DNA was found. Many feel that Jessie was pressured to confess because of the techniques used on him combined with his mental disbility. The other two have always said they were innocent. There ios no evidence to link them to this crime----but hey they were weirdo Goths!!!!

That's not what I said.

Then maybe you can clarify. You said they were young and wanted to 'stick it to the man' and people need to get over it. Echols psychological problems went way beyond teenage angst.

IMO

Can I post tweet? if not please delete and I apologize: dgoins David Goins
RT @1NatalieMaines: All 3 boys will be set free 2day: will plead guilty as a technicality so they cant sue.

I'm really surprised more people here at WS aren't following this...

Can I post tweet? if not please delete and I apologize: dgoins David Goins
RT @1NatalieMaines: All 3 boys will be set free 2day: will plead guilty as a technicality so they cant sue.

Interesting. How does that work when Arkansas doesn't allow for compensation anyway?

The person familiar with the case said that the earlier verdicts would likely be set aside and ultimately replaced with the negotiated pleas. In what's called an Alford plea, the three would agree that prosecutors have a solid amount of evidence against them - likely enough to win a conviction.

Normally, when defendants plead guilty in criminal cases, they admit that they've done the crime in question. But in an Alford plea, defendants are allowed to insist they're innocent, says Kay Levine, a former prosecutor who now teaches criminal law and criminal procedure at Emory University in Atlanta. She is not involved with the Arkansas case.

"It's not an insane strategy decision," Levine said. But, she added: "It's incredibly troubling to us as a free society that people would plead guilty to something that they actually did not do."

Some judges find the legal maneuver offensive, Levine says, because they see no reason someone would not contest to a crime that they didn't commit. But most prosecutors would take the agreement, she said.

http://www.kuar.org/kuarnews/32184-plea-deal-could-set-west-memphis-3-free.html

I am seriously conflicted in watching this. I only want one questioned answered and that is WHO murdered those beautiful little boys.

Maybe the dixie chicks ,or pearl jam or Kanye west can help out with that?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523
Back