Susan Powell's Blood Was Found In Her Home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate to ask this question, but do killers usually use the same methods? Thinking of the blood and gas can.

I'm sorry, I can't believe I typed that. But I was thinking about how they searched that burnt area not all that long ago.

I remember his hands, we thought chapped by snow or something, burning
all night in the cold? Was his hands burnt?

Execution of a Search Warrant
A search warrant must be executed within ten days from the date of its issuance. The person whose property is seized or searched must be given a copy of the search warrant, including the affidavit, and an inventory of any property taken.
http://www.utcourts.gov/courts/just/onlinelearning/Warrants/requirements.htm

The way I take that is that Josh had to have known what was taken, so he could figure out what they found- blood in the living room, etc. Josh also had to know that the police were going after him for Susan's murder. Other than hiding this information from the public, WHAT were they protecting?? Why couldn't they tell the Judge in Washington about Susan's handwritten will? Why couldn't they tell them about the blood? Why couldn't they tell the judge he was uncooperative?

IMO, Susan's handwritten will could and should have saved her boys lives. I doubt Washington would have leaked it, and if Josh was given a copy of materials/ items seized, as Susan's next of kin (at that time) wouldn't he have at least known the will existed when LE found it?

JMO.

I keep coming here to post something. Anything.

I got nothing.

Best-
Herding Cats

I could not agree MORE. I believe Susan got very, very, very bad advice, from what we know about her counseling. This is the central element we still don't dignify in women - the ability to know, and say, that you are in danger and will be leaving now.

Melissa Jenkins: "knew" the Prues were dangerous, had turned down interaction in the past, but "had" to go help them, she felt, because that's what nice women do.

Susan Powell, knew her husband had threatened her and the boys, wrote that down, was encouraged to "work on it," and felt she needed/wanted to do that. What we need to convey to girls is that violence has nothing to do with what you "want" - we all would like our marriages to work out and to be loved back by the people we are loving to. Reality bites. Once you are threatened, THAT IS THE WARNING. Go then, go now, solve the problems down the road from a safe distance. If it was an aggressive dog, if it was a cougar in your back yard, you wouldn't continue to go out into the yard and say, "I'm just going to throw it meat continually and treat it nicely and SURELY, SURELY, it will become more friendly to me."

In Susan's case, she apparently had multiple parties assisting her, encouraging her, to ignore what she knew, in her body.

And here's a big flag to me about the counseling: you don't set goals for other people. You can assist children to set their goals. Adults set their own goals. Josh's goals were obvious; Susan's counselor just didn't want to admit that. You can only set goals for yourself and convey what YOU need - a temple marriage, consistent church attendance. You can only set a deadline for yourself, by which time you will not be able to go forward, in this same arrangement, with this person.

Another big flag: you don't give ultimatums to people who have expressed violence against you. Among the parties who have a lot to answer for, I think her counselor has gotten off very easy, and I would be fascinated to find out who that person was and what their real professional expertise was. No qualified counselor I can think of would recommend these things.

I would like to add some additional red flags.

The Powell website.

LE announcing remains may of been found.

Threatening to release Susan's journals.

The confrontation after LE encouraged Susan's family to raise awareness regarding Susan missing.

SP being arrested.

There are many more but the pressure could be seen building in JP and SP.

Boggles my mind. You'd think that the pile of incriminating facts would tip the scale for an arrest. Alone, maybe nothing is enough and would just be a distracting and confusing fact if a person was indeed innocent, but together, the ridiculous camping trip, missing work "forgetting" what day it was, Susan's phone without her sim in his car, clean up evidence and Susan's written statement ... Oh well, I guess I thought Casey Anthony was going down for sure too.

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/46924024#46924024"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

I am heartsick over these new revelations. Mr & Mrs Cox were on TODAY and they stated that Susan 'stayed too long'. :(

wm

That's exactly how I felt when I heard about the investigative file on the Susan Powell case, and it made me :sick: Integrity of the investigation? Give me a frickin' break :eek: There was more than enough evidence to arrest and charge Josh Powell in his wifes's "disappearance". At the very least, those little boys should have been removed from Josh's home and placed in protective custody. :moo:
There should have been a way to bring this all out at the custody hearing so JP never would have been allowed visitation. Wv LE truly dropped the ball on this one and they really pi@@ me off!

Utah Mayor Defends Police Handling of Susan Powell Case (from komonews.com)

"But Winder pointed out that Washington State authorities were ultimately responsible for the safety of the two boys."

Yes, because you let their father leave the state and remain a free man with access to them, in spite of all the evidence against him. The "blame someone else" mentality upsets me in individuals, and is just deplorable in public agencies which should be even more accountable, imo. Vomit. This new info is really getting to me.

Utah Mayor Defends Police Handling of Susan Powell Case (from komonews.com)

"But Winder pointed out that Washington State authorities were ultimately responsible for the safety of the two boys."

Yes, because you let their father leave the state and remain a free man with access to them, in spite of all the evidence against him. The "blame someone else" mentality upsets me in individuals, and is just deplorable in public agencies which should be even more accountable, imo. Vomit. This new info is really getting to me.

Same here Pharmchick. These little boys would still be alive if things had been done differently, but it was beyond my control. Makes me furious.

Horrible. Just keeps getting worse. I don't think I've ever read a more horrifying case. God only knows what he did to poor Susan. Everything was there but her body. I am sick.

Me, too. I can't imagine a police dept being worse than that one was! That whole dept needs an overhaul. This was severe incompetence. Makes me so angry. We were all waiting word on what was found on that carpet. I think most all of us suspected an immediate arrest if it was blood. What the hell is wrong with that police dept???!!! The SECOND it was found that Susan's blood was on the carpet and couch and an obvious attempt was made to clean it up, they should have put Josh's butt in prison!! ALL THIS EVIDENCE and they did nothing! They didn't even attempt to go looking for Susan in mines, etc. until the public decided to go out looking themselves. They all need to turn in their pay for the last 2.5 years for doing nothing.

I have not seen a case handled worse than this either.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/josh-powell-susan-powell-missing-utah_n_1392756.html

I always knew this was evidence of a clean up after her murder and not koolaid as Josh said

how horrible.

Also from that link:

"One of the children, Charlie, told investigators in an interview shortly after his mom disappeared that she had gone on the camping trip with them but did not come back home and he did not know why, according to the files."

Given the blood in the house, the camping trip and JP's claim that Susan didn't go camping with them, how could this not tell LE exactly what happened... I just don't understand how they could think that they didn't have the evidence to charge him?!

I hate to ask this question, but do killers usually use the same methods? Thinking of the blood and gas can.

I'm sorry, I can't believe I typed that. But I was thinking about how they searched that burnt area not all that long ago.

I think he burned Susan, too. Won't we all jump through our roofs if we find out next that the burnt wood chips had Susan's DNA on them. That would make me chew steal to get rid of the anger!

Just thinking out loud here... I know that the LE is saying they didn't have enough evidence to charge him. I will NOT defend them for what they didn't do but I wonder if there is an unspoken end to that sentence. "We didn't have enough to charge in a death penalty case". Since Utah is a death penalty state, that could be a factor. I don't know. Still they should have done something to protect those boys!

Well if Scott emptied her IRA accounts we now know how he was able to live without working. He lived off of Susan's retirement accounts.

This case is so sad, and on so many levels.

I think you meant "Josh"... not "Scott"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamonara
Back