Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The author wrote: “[DM], who inherited his father's wealth after his death”. Again, I doubt that the writer has seen the probate documents or spoken to the family’s estate lawyer. I mean, who knows? Maybe MB inherited everything and passed along much of it to DM. Maybe DM embezzled all the funds from a family charity. Maybe WM left his wealth to the family dog and DM has been dipping into the dog's trust fund. One should not assume, particularly reporters.

AHA! The dog is EG!

We've already sleuthed FB cat...dead end.

BBM

MANY thanks for this post and particularly the bolded section! If a rural dweller gets the feeling that a reporter considers him/her a 'hick' and is dismissive of the local community/way of life, that reporter ain't gettin' nowhere fast :)

It would not be at all surprising if Greg Mercer, whose name is known in this area, has established some trust and is rewarded with more openess than others from 'out of town' (aka 'city slickers'). IMO
Yes Greenthumb..guess that was the point I was trying to make earlier. IMO, even though Cambridge/Waterloo/Brantford/Guelph have an urban persona, they're still very much "small town" when it comes to their aviation worlds. MSM could go into one of the flight service centres and ask if they knew anyone that knew WM, but I doubt they'd get too far. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack. However, a local reporter like Mercer knows people who know people who know people. My message to MSM...if you want to meet people who may have known WM, go to the Waterloo Airshow,Aviation Trade show & Expo this weekend and look for anyone over 65-I'd start at the DC3 display! That could be the closest you'll ever get to anyone who may have known WM thru aviation! MOO

I'm not a numbers person. Nevertheless I understand that keeping track of numbers is essential in many endeavours. News reporting, for instance and, even more essentially LE reportage. So I'm puzzled by the numerical deficiencies that seem to characterize the few bits of information we've received so far, MOO.

1. "Suspect # 1 (Millard) has "numerous" tattoos on his arm". He had 2 that might possible be visible but then only if sleeves were rolled up. You might possibly see a third tattoo on his arm if his shirt was off altogether.

2. " Large amounts of blood were found all over the Manitoulin rental boat. " Since corrected to a few drops of blood found in the toilet area (head) and attributed to a guest's menstrual period.

3. Hundreds of stolen vehicles in the airport hangar described as a chop shop. Since corrected to "fewer than 10" vehicles with undetermined ownership (i.e. could be legally on the premises) and, in fact just 1 vehicle, a motorbike, so far turns out to have been earlier reported stolen. Nevertheless this bike has not been held as evidence of a crime an no charges have been laid with respect to the theft. How it came to be present at the MillardAir hangar may have had nothing to do with the building's ownership or its activities.

4. LE seeks "3 to 5" persons in connection with the murder of TB. Now reduced to seeking only 1 other person in a de-prioritized sort of way. Despite having participated in a murder this person is "not a danger to the public".

So, basically, to summarize, IMO the public should be on the lookout for three or no murder's accomplices who may or may not be heavily tattooed and may or may not be driving some or none of at least 100 vehicles that may or may not be stolen. Some or none of these persons may or may not have been menstruating in the summer of 2011.

A sleuther's task is not an easy one, imo.

I'm going to go on a limb and say AB removed those tweets because she was advised in confidence and it is a nasty thing for a stranger to tweet about. MOO!!

Maybe we should ask for a tattoo thread?

Surely I can post this tweet of Ann's

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 3h

I have a story on Wayne Millard in @nationalpost today but it's not online yet. Exclusive Intvus with people who knew Wayne, Dellen

First paragraphs from the Post article from her blog

In his role as a business development consultant to Millardair’s new Waterloo airport venture, Al Sharif was happy to have only limited contact with Dellen Millard, the boss’s son and the guy in charge of hangar construction. As far as Mr. Sharif and other executives at the company were concerned, Dellen and his red mohawk spelled trouble.

“I thought he was just a spoilt little brat who had his way all his life and didn’t appreciate what his father was doing for him,” said Mr. Sharif. “He was an impediment to the hangar operation” who didn’t meet his deadlines, almost never arrived at work before noon, and refused to clear his collection of cars, jeeps, hot rods, jet skis and personal airplanes from the business premises.

harsh.

I have a story on Wayne Millard in @nationalpost today but it's not online yet. Exclusive Intvus with people who knew Wayne, Dellen

In his role as a business development consultant to Millardair’s new Waterloo airport venture, Al Sharif was happy to have only limited contact with Dellen Millard, the boss’s son and the guy in charge of hangar construction. As far as Mr. Sharif and other executives at the company were concerned, Dellen and his red mohawk spelled trouble.

“I thought he was just a spoilt little brat who had his way all his life and didn’t appreciate what his father was doing for him,” said Mr. Sharif. “He was an impediment to the hangar operation” who didn’t meet his deadlines, almost never arrived at work before noon, and refused to clear his collection of cars, jeeps, hot rods, jet skis and personal airplanes from the business premises.

harsh.

Wow!! I love this AB. From the first time I saw her tweets, I somehow got the vision of her not sitting back and waiting for info to come to her. Sounds like she's gotten to the people in the know...and got them on record to boot! NICE :) MOO

Wow!! I love this AB. From the first time I saw her tweets, I somehow got the vision of her not sitting back and waiting for info to come to her. Sounds like she's gotten to the people in the know...and got them on record to boot! NICE :) MOO

For sure, freelancers have to write to eat!

ETA: when Ann's article is posted it will be here http://news.nationalpost.com/tag/tim-bosma/

OK, I agree that it may not be the most thorough reporting in the world, but I do have to give this reporter a bit of credit. His last few paragraphs mention where he's getting his information from: the Pilots gathering for the Waterloo Air Show. IMO, now that he's tipped off MSM that this could be a good place to hang out for the weekend, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them get someone to speak on the record. MOO

The reporting has become horrible, the case is starting to die down as there is nothing new to report. What a few pilots had to say at a airshow about a suicide victim is certainly not reporting.

The news outlets in the area are desperate for something, but they got nothing.

They really should give it a break for a while.

Fine to move on, of course, but I believe you'll find, when and if this case ever gets to trial, that informant # 1's description of DM will be critical, possibly even a threshhold issue, imo. When building any kind of structure, the first mistake is the worst mistake, imo.

Or will be both informant #1 and SB's description, fingerprints, DNA, TB's remains found on DM's property, TB's truck found at DM's mother's house, etc.etc.

Not to belabour the point, but this has nothing to do with “rural” reporting versus that of “city slickers”.

The point is that the article does not appear to be written according to regular news standards --- subjective opinions inserted, unsubstantiated assumptions declared, etc.

If that’s what you rely on for your information, fine. I look for more reliable sources.

I agree if you look at this link:http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=86335

from the beginning it looks like one of the comments was inserted into this article almost verbatim....so to me was anyone spoken to personally?? :banghead::moo:

harsh.

I don't why she is bothering, well after the fact, people who worked at the hanger or knew of the operations of MillardAir are now chiming in...it really is not relevant at this point. It is just someone who is desperate to write about the Bosma case.

Interesting observations from Mr Sharif. So, did/does Millardair also have premises in Austin, Texas, then?

harsh.

Was this posted today?? Just trying to put the timeline together...we know he had the red mohawk in June 2011 right.

We also know they were building the new hanger some time in 2011 because it was ready Feb. 2012. So my question is: Are they saying he had his collection of cars, jeeps, hot rods, jet skis and personal airplanes in the new hanger that was being built in June 2011??:moo:

Was this posted today?? Just trying to put the timeline together...we know he had the red mohawk in June 2011 right.

We also know they were building the new hanger some time in 2011 because it was ready Feb. 2012. So my question is: Are they saying he had his collection of cars, jeeps, hot rods, jet skis and personal airplanes in the new hanger that was being built in June 2011??:moo:

It appears the article is not on line yet but here's the link to her Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/AnnB03https://twitter.com/AnnB03

Well, uhm, not to put too fine a point on it but that NP article sounds to me as if a top level employee was being raked over the coals for not doing his job satisfactorily. Moreover, it was evidently DM, not WM, who was taking the executive lead in reviewing contracts, etc. IMO. He also mentions "didn’t meet his deadlines, almost never arrived at work before noon". Apart from being a rather extraordinary view for an employee to express about a boss or the boss' family, this suggests that DM had deadlines and was expected to be at work at a particular time of day. IMO this is a picture that seems in conflict with the popular image being generated of a hard living Eurotrash wannabe, who selfishly spends daddy's money with reckless abandon and murders anybody standing in the way of what he wants, imo. When was this employee on the Millardair staff, I wonder, because he mentions DM's red mohawk. From all the pictures we've seen, that "do" seems to have been associated with the 2011 race. It hasn't appeared in more recent pictures and was certainly not mentioned in the LE description of "Suspect # 1". Views expressed are 100 percent MOO.

I see from the LinkedIn that it's a Texas based consulting firm so the observations about DM's work habits and the knowledge of who owned what around the hangar was probably secondhand, imo. IMO we understand that WM owned several vehicles kept there including one plane that had been part of CM's collection. The links are out there.

But setting aside such quibbles, this whole event is such a sad saga from almost every point of view.

Date of bloody eye picture - Nov. 13th
Date of visit from AS - "less than two weeks prior to WM's death"
Date of WM's death - Nov. 29th

It might be nice to know the exact date that AS arrived to speak with DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat