Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea but it makes so much more sense of the obituary. I sort of feel like mentioning an ex of his Dad's in the obit was probably a stab to his mom. IMO.

More likely a stab to his dad's fiance

DM did/does have a girlfriend.

"One friend of Mr. Millard’s girlfriend shared the impression of him as a modest man who acted neither spoiled nor particularly well-off. “He’s a soft-spoken sort of a guy,” said the friend, who cannot be named due to a publication ban. “I didn’t even know he had money. He never acted like it.”

Though the two never became close, the friend said Mr. Millard seemed to treat his girlfriend well, taking her on skydiving trips and tropical vacations
."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...arged-with-killing-tim-bosma/article12009016/

This girlfriend is likely the one whose fb profile pic showed DM hugging/kissing her (account is now private), and who still appears in some of the French friends' photos from their visit to Canada (went skydiving with them, sang on stage).

In addition, "The Crown has said Millard's girlfriend may be an important witness in this case."
http://www.cjbk.com/localnews/story.aspx?ID=1961824

I'm sure someone has mentioned this before but the thing about this quote from the friend of DM's girlfriend that makes no sense at all, is first saying she never even knew he had money, then saying how he'd take her on skydiving trips and tropical vacations.

Last time I checked, you have to have at least a few bucks in the bank somewhere, to be spending that kind of money on fun and games. If I had a friend whose boyfriend was taking her on trips like this, I'd automatically assume he did have money. Maybe that's just me.

I'm sure someone has mentioned this before but the thing about this quote from the friend of DM's girlfriend that makes no sense at all, is first saying she never even knew he had money, then saying how he'd take her on skydiving trips and tropical vacations.

Last time I checked, you have to have at least a few bucks in the bank somewhere, to be spending that kind of money on fun and games. If I had a friend whose boyfriend was taking her on trips like this, I'd automatically assume he did have money. Maybe that's just me.

good post

Good point and normally I would agree but we dont know where she's coming from. She could be rich herself and within her circles guys can afford to take their gfs skydiving or down south. she may not have appreciated how much money he actually has. Lets face it there are guys his age with way less money that drive around in flashy expensive sports cars or Mercedes. Maybe he didnt come across as being loaded in his Suv or pickup truck.

Date of bloody eye picture - Nov. 13th
Date of visit from AS - "less than two weeks prior to WM's death"
Date of WM's death - Nov. 29th

It might be nice to know the exact date that AS arrived to speak with DM.
wm was still alive why was he speaking to DM..DM was not the company owner yet? WM was not interested?

BBM: I wonder what this statement is based on? Did the writer interview people who knew WM ? If so who? Was WM's GF shocked? ex-wife? Business associates?

I wish the writer had fleshed this part out a bit more.

Also:

I write in jest that is the Toronto Sun way...
Again I wonder where the writer got this information from? Did they see the will? How much did DM inherit?

When the Toronto Sun interviewed police, the question was asked by an associate newspaper and the Sun filled in the blanks. According to the Toronto Sun an informant tells them the will was read at a Satanic gathering outside of AYR. (yes i hate the Sun...ads, ads, a bit of news...opinion, opinion, ads, more ads, a semi-nude pic, more ads, a bit of news, more opinion, more garbage ads...best use is for bird cages)

Back to reality.1.. it is old news (meaning you'll have to go to the library and read microfiched newspapers)..
2..rich people do not want their names in the paper (unless you're a celebrity or celebrity *advertiser censored*) a) for safety reasons family
b) fear of insulting a business associate that could cost a deal
c) if you talk negative about an associate other's don't trust you to keep secrets (that is big business, they want their skeletons hidden aka I don't want you blabbing that there was dope at a party orwe got naked, etc)
.3...He would have inherited all his father's assets unless WM had set aside money for specific people and charities.
Mom, MB would have inherited (from Carl he seemed to like her) or received her wealth/property in her divorce. Cash settlement or a share of the business.

If you have time Kevin you may want to check if she was just and employee or owner of Millard air. If so, Dellen left her with a lot of bills.

Poor DM :( looks like his fb friend who's been cleared by LE had to take a trip to the beach. Amazing how life goes on.

Business acumen of MillardAir may indeed have been lacking, imo. It would be interesting to know, for instance, how WM hooked up with the Texan contract hunter consultant. (That LinkedIn education reference to 1 year's training at Texas AeroTech; Central Texas Collage for instance, might have given many hiring departments pause. Generally speaking, it's preferable to hire graduates who know how to spell "college") IMO Proof is in the pudding of course, but then that's very, very definitely MOO. I assumed it was the VP who had been brought in to do the corporate heavy lifting around the place during the company's last few months.

Carli, I find it very interesting to watch as you and BLomquist keep coming up with theories as to why DM didn't do it.

I understand that innocent people are sometimes charged and convicted and, like just about everyone else, I would like to avoid such miscarriages of justice and do everything possible to minimize their occurrences.

But what strikes me is that the people on this board most loudly voicing the opinion that DM is innocent seem to <modsnip> others, including those who have not been named by the police. <modsnip>

Also, a while back your theory was that Millardair was so valuable that criminals were framing DM so they could have access to his corporate riches, wipe out the competition from this fabulous company, etc. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9494806&postcount=99"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dellen Millard: Innocent Dupe? Alternative Theories[/ame]

Now, you're suggesting, DM was the victim of incompetent colleagues and the company was a mess.

What I'd really like to know is why you are so completely convinced that DM is innocent. <modsnip>

Sooo I haven't read other comments but EG was WM gf and the staff were told WM died of a brain aneurysm? ??

DM is already listed here..
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dellen_Millard"]Dellen Millard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I had no idea but it makes so much more sense of the obituary. I sort of feel like mentioning an ex of his Dad's in the obit was probably a stab to his mom. IMO.

Daddy anger??

kept thinking of Oedipus -- killed the father and an eye injury in that Greek tale too...

wm was still alive why was he speaking to DM..DM was not the company owner yet? WM was not interested?

That part troubled me too. I would have been fine with the dinner meeting provided there was also a meeting with WM after all he was the senior founder. It doesn't make business sense at all to me.

Business acumen of MillardAir may indeed have been lacking, imo. It would be interesting to know, for instance, how WM hooked up with the Texan contract hunter consultant. (That LinkedIn education reference to 1 year's training at Texas AeroTech; Central Texas Collage for instance, might have given many hiring departments pause. Generally speaking, it's preferable to hire graduates who know how to spell "college") IMO Proof is in the pudding of course, but then that's very, very definitely MOO. I assumed it was the VP who had been brought in to do the corporate heavy lifting around the place during the company's last few months.
I don't necessarily agree with the assertion that the people WM brought in to build his venture were lacking at all. In the aviation world, it's not unusual that people don't have big flashy degrees behind their names. If they're coming from a maintenance background, they will have spent hundreds of hours working in the trade and they end up with a license. Same thing with Pilots. Not only that, they have to know both Transport Canada and the Federal Aviation Administration rules inside and out.

Secondly, to be hired by an aviation consulting company, you can be pretty well certain that they have a ton of practical training in the industry. It is way to complex of an industry for anything less. Also, don't read too much into the fact that they were based out of the Country. It's aviation. You're always no more than 4 or 5 hours away from Toronto from any spot in the US or Canada and when you're dealing with large jets, standards would have to be met in both Countries if the plane was flying Internationally. I seriously doubt that WM, with all of his aviation connections and experience, plus the millions he had invested, would have hired any dupe. As far as College or Collage...not everyone checks their linkedin profile-a typo error perhaps? If it wasn't for spell check, some of my stuff would look like I never got out of Grade 8.. JMHO.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9503294"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dellen Millard: Innocent Dupe? Alternative Theories[/ame]

That part troubled me too. I would have been fine with the dinner meeting provided there was also a meeting with WM after all he was the senior founder. It doesn't make business sense at all to me.
From the quote below, it would appear that AS and DM had an argument about business and DM suggested that they discuss their differences over a private dinner..mmmmm...IMO, AS may have been in danger that night and didn't even know it...but once again...JMHO. From the sounds of it, DM was questioning WM's thought process and didn't like the fact that this business was costing so much money, so it made sense to me that AS met with DM privately to explain everything to him.

"AS paid a visit to the new hangar and DM questioned him as to why no contracts were yet in place for the new Millardair aircraft maintenance and repair business.

AS responded that until the facilities, estimated to have cost some $6 million, could be toured by potential customers, no deals would be signed. As the situation grew heated, DM suggested that they discuss their differences in private over dinner that evening."

Source: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

From the quote below, it would appear that AS and DM had an argument about business and DM suggested that they discuss their differences over a private dinner..mmmmm...IMO, AS may have been in danger that night and didn't even know it...but once again...JMHO. From the sounds of it, DM was questioning WM's thought process and didn't like the fact that this business was costing so much money, so it made sense to me that AS met with DM privately to explain everything to him.

"AS paid a visit to the new hangar and DM questioned him as to why no contracts were yet in place for the new Millardair aircraft maintenance and repair business.

AS responded that until the facilities, estimated to have cost some $6 million, could be toured by potential customers, no deals would be signed. As the situation grew heated, DM suggested that they discuss their differences in private over dinner that evening."

Source: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

Thanks I totally get why it was important for AS to settle DM down but don't you find it odd that AS didn't meet with WM also just to continue an open business relationship?

I think WM brought in a credible bunch of guys that were willing to make things go. I bet they figured WM would step aside once things were set up and DM would be easy to control because he's young and dumb. Every consultant dreams of a situation where they can run a company free of interference from the people who have the money.

DM trumped the consultants by killing WM. Then he killed Millard Air. Then he killed TB. And I really wonder about LB.

Thanks I totally get why it was important for AS to settle DM down but don't you find it odd that AS didn't meet with WM also just to continue an open business relationship?

Well when the conversation is "I don't think WM is doing the right thing", it's a little touchy that AS go to WM with that. AS was expecting to have to work with DM in the future. Besides, DM worked fast and took out WM within two weeks of that meeting. AS may not have had a chance to pull WM aside if he wanted to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow