Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also heard that it takes a long time to do that sort of forensics. I believe LE said "we are convinced by the totality of the evidence..." when announcing that TB was dead, which to me sounds like there wasn't a formal identification of the remains. Just my opinion on their choice of wording.
I remember that presser clearly, they said they had found his remains, the remains had been burned, and made the "totality of the evidence" statement. They said they were "convinced" by the totality of the evidence that it was TB.
There was also this:

"I believe Mr. Bosma died shortly after he was abducted."
The coroner's office and the Centre of Forensic Science is assisting, Kavanagh told a press conference.
"The cause of death comes from the expertise that comes from the coroner's office," Kavanagh said., noting that the exact cause of death will not be known until that examination is complete.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2...-hunting-two-other-suspects-in-bosma-killing/

How would the investigators know so quickly that TB died very shortly after he was abducted, he died in the truck, when all they have is a charred burned beyond recognition set of remains? Thought I would ask as this has been bugging me. How did they know so quickly?

Not by me. But to be fair, I have no idea what is being suggested most of the time lately. :) We need a presser bad.

Believe it was me that ArianeEmory was replying to, sorry I wasn't clear, I was only questioning, that it seemed to me that LE may have had someone give them the actual details of what had happened to TB, that they were not just going on forensics.

How would the investigators know so quickly that TB died very shortly after he was abducted, he died in the truck, when all they have is a charred burned beyond recognition set of remains? Thought I would ask as this has been bugging me. How did they know so quickly?

YES!! My thoughts exactly!! This is one of the reasons I think suspect #3 is talking, early on in the investigation too.

Through forensics( bodily fluids, skin cells etc) it can be determined as the body begins decomposition within 4 minutes. The truck would provide crucial information in determining a timeline.

Here's some interesting reading :

***Warning may be graphic to some***

http://forensicarchaeology.org/about/decomposition

http://www.forensicsciencecentral.co.uk/crimescenes.shtml

Originally Posted by Blomquist
"One thing I notice is that DMs pics show him having a wider face at one point and narrower these days.....maybe he lost weight or something...."

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm following protocol.
This quote has been bothering me since I noticed this post. I spent time checking out the photos as well and can see a twin-like resemblance, except for the fact that I used to see a manly square jaw and broad face. However, in the more recent pics the face is thin and long and the cheeks are bloated (almost appear injected).<modsnip>

Invisible(to the naked eye) blood splatter in truck matching or consistent with
x ray of body wound?

Testimony received is consistent with the body evidence?

Body indicates evidence of strangulation or fractured skull/broken neck/blunt force trauma?

Body contorts relative to tissue death and blood pooling when burned?

Stomach contents vs time of last meal?

Stabbed thru back of truck seat and body wound consistent with that?

Numerous possibilities exist and would be obvious if we actually knew the evidence.

This has kind of bothered me. TB apparently went with DM and MS of his own free will for the test drive. SB gave no indication that TB was abducted just that he went with them. So at what point would the police consider that TB went from going of his own free will to abduction?

This has kind of bothered me. TB apparently went with DM and MS of his own free will for the test drive. SB gave no indication that TB was abducted just that he went with them. So at what point would the police consider that TB went from going of his own free will to abduction?

"The first-degree murder charge is based on the forcible confinement allegations, Kavanagh said. The charge, often used in planned and premeditated murders, is also used when someone is killed while they are being forcibly confined.

"He entered that vehicle of his own free will, but he was not allowed to leave, therefore forcible confinement is the proper charge," Kavanagh said when asked about the charge.
"

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/br...in-case-of-missing-ontario-man-207356341.html

does DM look like Smich?
TIA

Well, I'm really not trying to be flippant, but there are images on the web readily searchable for both, you can see for yourself. But if you're just soliciting other people's opinions...not especially, no.

Hey guys. Apologize if this has already been posted, I'm too busy at work right now to scour through the previous posts - but this is a very interesting read. States that DM met with a business devlopment consultant at a steakhouse two weeks before his father's death to discuss plans for the business. Sounds like things got heated.

Also worth noting, the employees of Millard Air and the business development consultant were told DM's father died of a brain anyeurism.....

"Tim Bosma murder suspect, Dellen Millard made surprising decision to dismantle family business"

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

Does anyone one know what DM's educational background is? I know he holds both rotor and fixed wing pilot licenses but am wondering if he has a business degree or other educational background to suggest he could successfully manage a multi-million dollar business? TIA

Does anyone one know what DM's educational background is? I know he holds both rotor and fixed wing pilot licenses but am wondering if he has a business degree or other educational background to suggest he could successfully manage a multi-million dollar business? TIA

Good question!

Iv'e been poking around but haven't found much so far except for this reference:

The day after setting that record, the 14-year-old told CTV News, "It was just incredible flying alone. You look over at the seat and there's nobody there."

"It felt great and free. You can do anything up there," Dellen added. At the time, he was a student at the Toronto French School.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/05/13/f-dellen-millard-profile-bosma-case.html

Maybe someone with more knowledge of higher education in Canada may have some insight.

Good question!

Iv'e been poking around but haven't found much so far except for this reference:

The day after setting that record, the 14-year-old told CTV News, "It was just incredible flying alone. You look over at the seat and there's nobody there."

"It felt great and free. You can do anything up there," Dellen added. At the time, he was a student at the Toronto French School.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/05/13/f-dellen-millard-profile-bosma-case.html

Maybe someone with more knowledge of higher education in Canada may have some insight.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05...-dismantle-it/
Hi CP!
This NP article makes we wonder the same question about WM as well. He was an Air Canada Pilot which takes really specialized training but not a degree although he may have had one. DM was being groomed to take over the new family venture and had the flying part of the aviation business down, at least the private pilot license part.
I'll see if I can google anything that might help us. I know a bit about higher education in Canada and have the student loans to prove it. I know a bit about aviation from working at Billy Bishop Airport in downtown Toronto as a Shell dispatcher. Flying solo at age 14 is quite a feat but would only be the very starting point of an aviation career that requires constant re-certification and upgrading. I'll see what I can find if anything. :seeya:

Invisible(to the naked eye) blood splatter in truck matching or consistent with
x ray of body wound?

Testimony received is consistent with the body evidence?

Body indicates evidence of strangulation or fractured skull/broken neck/blunt force trauma?

Body contorts relative to tissue death and blood pooling when burned?

Stomach contents vs time of last meal?

Stabbed thru back of truck seat and body wound consistent with that?

Numerous possibilities exist and would be obvious if we actually knew the evidence.

I would have to go with the testimony one, because if the body was burned beyond recognition, and since DNA testing takes longer than 2 days, the seats in the truck were missing, an autopsy of that magnitude would take longer than 2 days, it has to have been eye witness testimony. I just don't get how it could be any other way. The police came out so quickly with that statement that he was killed that night I just didn't understand how they could know that fact so soon.

I am wondering if we sleuths should be looking at what they aren't saying rather than what they are, to help solve this mystery.

I would have to go with the testimony one, because if the body was burned beyond recognition, and since DNA testing takes longer than 2 days, the seats in the truck were missing, an autopsy of that magnitude would take longer than 2 days, it has to have been eye witness testimony. I just don't get how it could be any other way. The police came out so quickly with that statement that he was killed that night I just didn't understand how they could know that fact so soon.

I am wondering if we sleuths should be looking at what they aren't saying rather than what they are, to help solve this mystery.

I don't think we know for sure that the seats in the truck were "missing", just removed. Do we know for sure LE didn't recover them?

It seems odd to me to try to prove things beyond a reasonable doubt when there is obviously still so much information *we have know way of knowing*. The informant thing comes up a lot, and it's a possibility, but we just don't know what forensic evidence they recovered. We can't know for the moment. There could have been a large quantity of blood. It could have been caught on film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME