Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood from a newspaper report that people on ATV's discovered the remains. Can not find the link right now.

I've only seen this mentioned here on WS, a few weeks ago, but the person who posted it at the time was also not able to back it up with links. I'd be very surprised if sometime other than LE found the remains and it wasn't ever mentioned in MSM.

Edit: googling "Bosma atv" only links me back to my own post saying basically the same thing a few weeks ago.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9451381&postcount=178

Where did this atv thing come from, is this "local" info or something?

From what I have observed I still say it would be difficult to get much from a burned body.

Victims of fires are often identified by their teeth, which can withstand temperatures of more than 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit (1,093 degrees Celsius). Teeth that have been through especially intense heat are very fragile and may shrink, but they can be preserved with lacquer and used for identification as long as they are handled very carefully.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/forensic-dentistry2.htm

<modsnip> I have actually seen many burned people, some so badly burned that they only recognize you by smell. From what I have observed I still say it would be difficult to get much from a burned body. I am sorry if my answers or my questions displease you, but I am stating my own opinion as we all are... others are free to answer the same or throw in a totally different viewpoint... I like to see all the responses...

How do you explain that your own opinion seems to fly in the face of what others, including forensic experts, know about identification of charred remains?

Where is the link where SB didn't state that she saw them both get into the truck with TB?

It's common knowledge that she saw them leave, reported that to police, re-enforced that fact at the memorial service during her eulogy.......

<modsnip>

A burned body would easily present evidence unless it is completely combusted into oblivion.

ETA..........I see others have answered the same.

I realize that SB made this comment, but does she state it's DM? Could it not be MS she's talking about? Has it all been an assumption that she's referring to DM? She didn't see the suspects close enough to see the "ambition" tattoo to give it to police the first time around.

Ive been going through old posts from the beginning and am starting to question DM's involvement in this. Fact is, yes he was involved, but to what extent? I'm so confused as to why he's left all evidence pointing directly at himself! I'm not a criminal but even I know I'd want the evidence left as far away from me as possible! :banghead:

While it's easy to take the obvious answer of "criminals are stupid" regarding why all the evidence points to DM, it's my personal belief that DM both loved risk and believed he was untouchable. Not dumb, just deluded.

Do we know what the cause of death was,, xamination was done , Tims buried ,,,,seems to me if there was alot left of Tim , would have taken longer then it did ,, Ijust dont recall xactly how he died ..anybody ????

This information has not been released.

In the pic below:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9498229&postcount=25"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - PHOTOS and MAPS **No Discussion**[/ame]

there is a very large item covered by a tarp in the bushes behind where the tents are set up. I think it is very possible that is the incinerator. I don't know how much an incinerator ash pan would hold, but if there were in fact burn spots at the farm, I'm thinking they could have been caused by the removal and dumping of ash from the incinerator.

DuPage County coroner's officials on Friday released the identity of the man whose body was found last month burned beyond recognition inside a trash bin in Addison.

*like tim

Authorities also were aided in identifying Acosta by some of the items they found inside the bin, such as car keys and keys to a tool box, as well as remnants of the boots and clothing he was wearing.

*"totality of the evidence"? like tim

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1999-04-03/news/9904030054_1_dental-records-bin-neighbor

Do we know what the cause of death was,, xamination was done , Tims buried ,,,,seems to me if there was alot left of Tim , would have taken longer then it did ,, Ijust dont recall xactly how he died ..anybody ????

This information has not been released.

I'd be surprised if they did decide to release this information, not before the trial and especially with one suspect still not arrested.

While it's easy to take the obvious answer of "criminals are stupid" regarding why all the evidence points to DM, it's my personal belief that DM both loved risk and believed he was untouchable. Not dumb, just deluded.

That is pretty much my take too Ariane ... Mr. Invincible .. the kid who flew solo at 14 and never came down off his cloud.

MOO

In the pic below:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - PHOTOS and MAPS **No Discussion**

there is a very large item covered by a tarp in the bushes behind where the tents are set up. I think it is very possible that is the incinerator. I don't know how much an incinerator ash pan would hold, but if there were in fact burn spots at the farm, I'm thinking they could have been caused by the removal and dumping of ash from the incinerator.

Looks like guy outsideand to the right ,, Sifting though ashes , ?????
as for the tarp in the background , it looks pitched ,, could it be right over insinerator , otherwise why not pitch another green tent ????

That is pretty much my take too Ariane ... Mr. Invincible .. the kid who flew solo at 14 and never came down off his cloud.

MOO
I too agree with you and Ariane. And if he did indeed commit the previous murders for which he is now being investigated, that would make him feel more invincible than ever.

It's also important to remember no one was looking for him when he dropped the trailer off at Mom's.

I do wonder though if something went wrong at the farm/hangar and that's why he moved the trailer. Maybe one of the suspects got cold feet.

And as for the idea some have put forward about Smich being the ringleader, doubt it. No one's talking about Smich. It's all about Dellen just like in real life.

I'd be surprised if they did decide to release this information, not before the trial and especially with one suspect still not arrested.

You usually do hear how some 1 died , usually dont have to wait till court .

I too agree with you and Ariane. And if he did indeed commit the previous murders for which he is now being investigated, that would make him feel more invincible than ever.

It's also important to remember no one was looking for him when he dropped the trailer off at Mom's.

I do wonder though if something went wrong at the farm/hangar and that's why he moved the trailer. Maybe one of the suspects got cold feet.

And as for the idea some have put forward about Smich being the ringleader, doubt it. No one's talking about Smich. It's all about Dellen just like in real life.

Tim's truck was the biggest factor that could tie him to the murder. Smacks of consciousness of guilt .. making a suspicious relocation when nobody was looking for him, depositing the trailer at his mother's residence where neighbours said they hardly ever saw him. Surely they had not previously seen his trailer either, or it would not have seemed such an unusual and noteworthy site in the neighbourhood.

Re Smich ... I think he was used as a gopher. Not saying Smich wasn't the one who actually killed Tim, but believe it could have been at the behest of DM or possibly believing it would ramp up his worthiness in DM's eyes. I'm also not discounting Suspect #3 as the actual killer. While it may have been DM and MS who left with Tim, there's nothing to say they didn't meet up with Suspect #3 who then went with DM and Tim to "test drive" the truck while MS drove the other vehicle.

With all the public attention focused on this case, carried far and wide in the media, the police are going to be very selective on released information. The Crown needs a conviction(s), not a mistrial due to a biased jury.

Smich looked like a druggie. Wonder if he is doing a lot of talking while in custody? Suspect #3 might also be talking ... I can't imagine that everyone would be so confident about the others keeping quiet.

With all the public attention focused on this case, carried far and wide in the media, the police are going to be very selective on released information. The Crown needs a conviction(s), not a mistrial due to a biased jury.

Agreed. Which is a big part of the reason I'd be surprised if they did. I don't think we'll hear a cause of death until the trial.

I really hope SB has moved from that house, especially with suspect 3 still out there, or at least has people staying with her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties