Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good article there...saying that basically we (us "sleuthers") have many of the same investigative tools the Police now use to solve crimes (i.e. the internet!)...

We still don't have a MOTIVE...not one good enough to stand up in a court of law and convict those responsible for TB's murder. :jail: Keep digging!

Motive is not necessary for conviction. The crown must prove that the accused did the act they are accused of, and that it was done intentionally (ie. not by accident, not while mentally incompetent, etc.) Why they did it is not a required element.

Where the case is circumstantial, evidence of a motive often helps the judge or jury accept that the other circumstantial evidence is sufficient to convict the accused. But if you have a case where there are witnesses who saw a person take out a gun and shoot someone, you can convict without ever getting into why they did it.

... I think it is likely that they will have it well planned out and will have considered flaws in their plan. Even if they think they're smart enough to get away with it, they would still be careful 'just in case'.

Driving under traffic cameras isn't a hair too bright. :(

Motive is not necessary for conviction. The crown must prove that the accused did the act they are accused of, and that it was done intentionally (ie. not by accident, not while mentally incompetent, etc.) Why they did it is not a required element.

Yes, you're right but we all want to understand WHY. An act like this can't be so senseless, can't it?

Very good article there...saying that basically we (us "sleuthers") have many of the same investigative tools the Police now use to solve crimes (i.e. the internet!)...

We still don't have a MOTIVE...not one good enough to stand up in a court of law and convict those responsible for TB's murder. :jail: Keep digging!

The quote about Audrey's house being 16 minutes from TB's house is mine :blushing:

Yes, you're right but we all want to understand WHY. An act like this can't be so senseless, can't it?

We all may WANT to understand why, but we may never understand why.
We are not in the minds of these horrible people. Even when it goes to court, do you ever really know which of the twisted people are actually telling the truth?

Look at Jodi Arias, she changed her "why" or her story how many times?
Rafferty and McClintic - again story kept changing - keep pointing fingers
Im sure for Noelle Paquette when her 2 killers go to trial it'll be a he said/she said.

These people are messed up in a way that thankfully most people cannot understand. Or the world would be a whole lot more crazy than it already is IMO.

@Lindsay .. just an FYI wrt your post in the previous thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9493269&postcount=1141"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013[/ame]

The aquaria pics were associated with SS.

did everyone see this:

"On the websleuths forum, a user named "SweetAdeline," who lives in Etobicoke, posted at 4:26 a.m. Sunday saying she couldn't sleep thinking about the Bosma family.

She wrote that on her way home from Sarnia she pulled off the highway to a store and drove near the Bosmas' home "not on purpose because we had no idea he lived out that way …I can honestly say as soon as we pulled off the highway I had the weirdest feeling in my stomach. It was almost like I could feel the state of sorrow that the entire community feels.""

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2874045-bosma-mystery-propels-cyber-sleuthing-into-high-gear/

This article is actually what brought me to this site!

I am wondering if the reason we can't quite reconcile the motivation in this case, is because each perp was motivated by a different reason?

Phew. Glad to have found this thread! Some level-headed discussion happening over here :)

Referencing the following post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9493234&postcount=1135"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013[/ame]

Bitcoin is a online currency, it is used to buy and sell anything from food to drugs and is tied with money laundering. 1 BCT is trading today at $130 USD and is untraceable.

Although Bitcoin has MANY legit users and uses, it also has direct links to drug traffic and money laundering.. for example the "Silk Road".

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road_%28marketplace%29"]Silk Road (marketplace) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

If you have money ... it is possible to move a lot of cash in an out of the bitcoin exchanges without ever being traced..

https://mtgox.com

this is video footage from Hamilton Spectator when they were waiting on search warrants for the hanger...inside the fenced in area seen at the start..is that not the blue yukon?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIFUxcxysow"]Millard Hanger - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know how Kijiji can make that statement. I sell on there all the time, and often go in the ads I have running to make edits. I know you can leave your phone number in the spot Kijiji has set specifically for phone numbers, but I've also seen many people put their phone number right in the text of the ad. No way for Kijiji to know for sure whether Tim had that in his ad at some point or not, IMO.

I don't know whether a cell phone number is considered personal information.

The DM facebook account is with a "1614" number. It is in the hyperlink.
Any meaning of it?

I think it's just to differentiate from others with the same name. FB needs those to be unique identifiers. Notice when you look at the URL of people with really common names....in those cases it is often just a long number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321