Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://specialchildren.about.com/b/2007/01/23/asperger-syndrome-used-as-defense-in-murder-trials.htm

Here is a good link I just found. I was just putting it out there because everything I read about DM could fit. And didn't his lawyer say something about mounting some sort of incredible defense?

JMO but this seems more fitting to DM. I know we all want to know what could cause someone to do something so disgusting and disturbing but sometimes it's blatantly obvious. It's hard to fathom a normal person could do something so disturbing, therefore we try to pin a handicap/label on them. As in normal I mean they are born with no defects. Parenting plays a huge role in how people deal with life.

Spoiled kids often develop into self-absorbed adults with a lack of self-control and a major sense of entitlement. We've all heard the phrase "spoiled rotten" and, unfortunately, it's true for many kids around the country. When parents coddle and spoil their children, the kids often become self-centered, rude and demanding. And these traits don't go away easily — they can stay with them (and grow) throughout their lives.

http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/980979/why-you-shouldnt-spoil-your-kids

[I]The following are the characteristics of the syndrome.
*The person displays immature and childish behavior, he is only focused on his self and lacks consideration for others.
*The person will also throw tantrums on small issues and also resorts to manipulative and controlling behavior.
*In extreme cases, the person can also get into physical aggressiveness and a violent behavior to fulfill his demands.[/I]

Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/what-is-the-spoiled-child-syndrome.html

JMO but this seems more fitting to DM. I know we all want to know what could cause someone to do something so disgusting and disturbing but sometimes it's blatantly obvious. It's hard to fathom a normal person could do something so disturbing, therefore we try to pin a handicap/label on them. As in normal I mean they are born with no defects. Parenting plays a huge role in how people deal with life.

Spoiled kids often develop into self-absorbed adults with a lack of self-control and a major sense of entitlement. We've all heard the phrase "spoiled rotten" and, unfortunately, it's true for many kids around the country. When parents coddle and spoil their children, the kids often become self-centered, rude and demanding. And these traits don't go away easily — they can stay with them (and grow) throughout their lives.

http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/980979/why-you-shouldnt-spoil-your-kids

[I]The following are the characteristics of the syndrome.
*The person displays immature and childish behavior, he is only focused on his self and lacks consideration for others.
*The person will also throw tantrums on small issues and also resorts to manipulative and controlling behavior.
*In extreme cases, the person can also get into physical aggressiveness and a violent behavior to fulfill his demands.[/I]

Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/what-is-the-spoiled-child-syndrome.html

I get what you are saying but, for the record, Aspergers is not a defect.

I am going out on a limb here and saying in my opinion, DM may have asbergers syndrome. Here is a link describing the symptoms and you can pretty much, just from what we know so far about him, fit any symptom into his behaviour. Above average intelligence, engineering and mechanics, eating the dog cookies, not fitting in, not very many friends, lack of empathy. Have fun with this, because in every single symptom we find a trait of DM, younger friends etc.....

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-main-symptoms-of-aspergers-syndrome-in-adults.htm

Read this article as well about what his friends say about him

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...riends-remember-him-as-attention-seeking-kid/

Now, my question is,,,,,,, Can asbergers syndrome be used as a defense.???

Maybe, just maybe, this is why we just can't figure him out regarding motive.

I disagree... I ate dog bones when I was a kid. I can name about 50 people that fit this description that do not have asbergers. Asbergers is not a violent condition.

I am sure that DM has a mixed bag of issues but I think it is a stretch to start diagnosing him with conditions and a disservice to people with asbergers to derive that asbergers may have caused him to murder.

I disagree... I ate dog bones when I was a kid. I can name about 50 people that fit this description that do not have asbergers. Asbergers is not a violent condition.

I am sure that DM has a mixed bag of issues but I think it is a stretch to start diagnosing him with conditions and a disservice to people with asbergers to derive that asbergers may have caused him to murder.

:truce:

time to come clean! I tried them too -- and I know lots of toddlers who have eaten dry cat food too==and oh yeah, no deleterious affects nor the desire to pillage or hurt others

Definitely a huge stretch. So is calling one or the other alleged perpetrators of this horrific series of crimes, 'retarded', as i've seen elsewhere.

Asperger's syndrome falls in the Autistic spectrum of disorders. Those who have it are generally introverted, shy, quiet, and often get lost in their own thoughts vs paying attention to the outside world. They often fall within the normal range of intelligence, but thought processes and processing of information from the senses is scrambled to a certain degree, and can become overwhelming to process. Mannerisms, personality, and communication can come off as odd, to observers. Those with Asperger's can excel in certain ranges of functioning.. a prime example would be Glenn Gould, the Late Toronto Pianist.

The 'retarded', or more correctly termed "Developmentally Disabled" cannot help their conditions. They are genetically disposed to their diagnosis, or otherwise acquire their disabilities through acute illness, airway restrictions, head-trauma or fetal exposure to toxic substances in the womb. There is a myriad variety of disorders that fall under the "developmentally disabled" category of affects.

Neither the Developmentally Disabled, nor the Autistic/Asperger's disorder individual have any choice whatsoever in their life situation. To compare them, to these two suspects who've had all of life's choices on offer and available to them, is patently unfair.

If a label absolutely needs to be applied to explain the behavior of these two suspects, then "Just Plain Evil", will suffice.

Trying to explain all this away using a developmental disorder, mental disorder, or that Doctor Spock should have been pre-emptively shot for his hand's off policy to kids in parenting, is just plain insulting to those who've never acted out, and yet are legitimately similarly labelled.

This may give a bit more insight into DM's family life. Found some very interesting tweets from a TO journalist who had contacted one of the pilots who knew WM via avcanada forum @AnnBO3. According to journalist AB, she had reputable sources saying that WM was a recently recovered alcoholic at his time of death..her tweets go into speculations, but I don't think that angle has been discussed. An interesting tidbit

First and foremost let me say that in no way was I saying or even trying to imply that Asbergers is a violent condition and in no way was I trying to say that because I thought DM may have this that this was the reason he is involved in this crime. I was merely pointing out, that in my opinion, from all that has been released about him, it would appear to me he may have it. I also tried Milk Bone dog cookies, but I certainly didn't take them to school and eat them walking down the hallways, nor did I dress like a hillbilly at school, as I wanted to fit in and not be teased. When I was in my twenties, my friends were my age, not two or three years younger. In fact, have we heard from any of Millards close friends? No, just people that knew him in high school. Where are the good people, the good friends, that usually stand up for an upstanding person who they believe is being railroaded. I don't believe he has any close friends. Anyway, enough said, I just wanted to try and understand what possibly could have been his motive. We talk about the truck, we talk about a thrill kill, someone said once to follow the money. When enough intelligent people try to figure out a motive and come up blank every time, then I think you have to then look at other possibilities and thus, I simply suggested DM may be suffering from Asbergers and in which case, we will never understand DM's motive. The lawyer could in fact, be building a case where because of his condition, DM was incapable of understanding what he was getting into with MS whom, I believe wanted to film a snuff movie with a real victim.
If I was the prosecutor, I would be looking into this possible defense and learn as much as I could about it just in case it is presented at trial. Just my opinion.

Another question I have is...... Can SB start a civil suit against Millard now before the trial and before his assets are sold and given to his mother. If she begins a civil suit now, then don't his assets get frozen? If she waits, until the verdict, which could be years away, DM's assets will be gone. Just a question I was wondering about. TB's family, will never see him again, and regardless of motive at this point, really who cares, I think there is sufficient evidence at this point to begin a civil suit so his daughter and wife are taken care of for the rest of their lives. If I were her, I would get those assets frozen asap. Sorry to go on and on but the bottom line here is to make sure TB's family is looked after.

Look how quickly he sold the condo that he bought back to his mother for $1.00. Now, why would an innocent man be unwinding his assets so quickly. ?? I'll bet he is in the process of doing the same for his other assets.

This may give a bit more insight into DM's family life. Found some very interesting tweets from a TO journalist who had contacted one of the pilots who knew WM via avcanada forum @AnnBO3. According to journalist AB, she had reputable sources saying that WM was a recently recovered alcoholic at his time of death..her tweets go into speculations, but I don't think that angle has been discussed. An interesting tidbit

You should also post this info in the death of Wayne Millard thread. Good info. Can you also post the tweets if you still have them open?

You should also post this info in the death of Wayne Millard thread. Good info. Can you also post the tweets if you still have them open?

I did cross post it, but it's probably better to go to @AnnB03 There aren't a lot of tweets and they're right at the top. This reporter has become a member of the aviation forum so she may be worth following on twitter!

I don't think he should get bail if #3 is still out there. JMO

I don't think he's going to get bail facing a 1st degree murder charge. Not to mention the possible flight risk in his position. I sure hope not anyway.

MOO

I just found the strangest connection..WM linked in profile

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/wayne-millard/49/a11/613

look to right you will see his mother and further down RB with same last name as MB

click that and you will see to the right more names with a name same as suspect # 2
if you click on mb, (top right) then look on right again and you will see another different mb**** and bs

Motive? IMO DM was in a jam. He needed to come thru with something and couldn't do it in an above board fashion. He needed that truck without hot wiring it and in MHO, he had already come to grips and had a solution in place if the owner wanted to go with them-that being kill him and dispose of his body. DM could have been confident that there was absolutely no way they could trace him- burner phone and who would identify a rich guy for theft anyhow- thus the hoodie for MS. IMO, DM would have done all the talking at TM's place and MS would have been a bit less apparent. My feelings are that if TB did go on the test drive, that DM would never take a chance of being fingered...thus kill and dispose. WM's estate would have to file a tax return for 2013 and that would have had to be filed by the end of April . IMO, things may also have come up when he purchased the Distillery Condo. Fintrac regulations..it just happened to be closing the next day. He may have had to provide an exact accounting as to where all of the money was coming from-even though he was purchasing it "cash" doesn't mean he wasn't putting a mortgage on it. JMHO

Motive? IMO DM was in a jam. He needed to come thru with something and couldn't do it in an above board fashion. He needed that truck without hot wiring it and in MHO, he had already come to grips and had a solution in place if the owner wanted to go with them-that being kill him and dispose of his body. DM could have been confident that there was absolutely no way they could trace him- burner phone and who would identify a rich guy for theft anyhow- thus the hoodie for MS. IMO, DM would have done all the talking at TM's place and MS would have been a bit less apparent. My feelings are that if TB did go on the test drive, that DM would never take a chance of being fingered...thus kill and dispose. WM's estate would have to file a tax return for 2013 and that would have had to be filed by the end of April . IMO, things may also have come up when he purchased the Distillery Condo. Fintrac regulations..it just happened to be closing the next day. He may have had to provide an exact accounting as to where all of the money was coming from-even though he was purchasing it "cash" doesn't mean he wasn't putting a mortgage on it. JMHO

So, Police say Tim did go one the test drive... It seems to me all evidence leads directly to DM.. Why would DM allow the truck and trailer to be in his mothers yard? Allow the body to be disposed of on his property? He used vehicles that could be identified as his...
This is the part of this case that bothers me the most... All evidence points to no one but Dellen..

So, Police say Tim did go one the test drive... It seems to me all evidence leads directly to DM.. Why would DM allow the truck and trailer to be in his mothers yard? Allow the body to be disposed of on his property? He used vehicles that could be identified as his...
This is the part of this case that bothers me the most... All evidence points to no one but Dellen..
Really? All I can see is that at some point TB's phone got away and a unique tatoo was remembered. That's the two items that pulled it all together. Without finding that phone and without the guy in TO seeing the tattoo, it would have been much more difficult. In fact, IMHO, DM would have been the last person they would have suspected even if they had a ping right in front of his house. Why would he have been careless with his tattoo? Perhaps he didn't even notice it anymore. Why was the trailer in his mothers yard and not on one of his own properties? IMO it was because of the last name. Also, it's much easier identifying a vehicle from a dark red light camera when you have a vehicle to match it to. That could be the precise reason it was kept hidden. SB could have described it. As far as disposing of the body? Where else could they have really disposed of it? JMHO Stupid is what stupid does.

Just a heads up for those on twitter (or new to twitter and sleuthing there), be cautious about clicking links in tweets that follow some kind of "breaking" or update on the case. Sadly, there are slimy trolls on twitter who will use anything in the news to drive traffic to their sites. Many of these sites are highly inappropriate, especially if you have kids in the room, and definitely NSFW.

I'm sure most of you are already aware of this, just wanted to send out a reminder.

Really? All I can see is that at some point TB's phone got away and a unique tatoo was remembered. That's the two items that pulled it all together. Without finding that phone and without the guy in TO seeing the tattoo, it would have been much more difficult. In fact, IMHO, DM would have been the last person they would have suspected even if they had a ping right in front of his house. Why would he have been careless with his tattoo? Perhaps he didn't even notice it anymore. Why was the trailer in his mothers yard and not on one of his own properties? IMO it was because of the last name. Also, it's much easier identifying a vehicle from a dark red light camera when you have a vehicle to match it to. That could be the precise reason it was kept hidden. SB could have described it. As far as disposing of the body? Where else could they have really disposed of it? JMHO Stupid is what stupid does.
Just want to say that they didn't need to find the phone to trace the calls to/from it, I beleive that LE had already traced the calls to/from TB's phone before it was located. Also it has been stated on this thread that DM is highly intelligent haven't seen anything to support that, university degree ? member of mensa ? In fact I expect that he's probably quite dumb, the evidence certainly points that way. MOO

Just want to say that they didn't need to find the phone to trace the calls to/from it, I beleive that LE had already traced the calls to/from TB's phone before it was located. Also it has been stated on this thread that DM is highly intelligent haven't seen anything to support that, university degree ? member of mensa ? In fact I expect that he's probably quite dumb, the evidence certainly points that way. MOO
Ellie..so correct, they never did need to find the phone did they! And yes, I've heard and seen all sorts of stuff pointing to how intelligent DM was and share your conclusions. Also of interest is just how much of a "pilot" was he. Only confirmed info shows him being a "student pilot" at 14. IMO, he was a private pilot at the most, otherwise, IMO, his lawyer would be using "commercial pilot" in his references, because that has even more respect to the general public. DM's lawyer continuously refers to DM being "well educated", smart, philosophical. He also is on record as saying that DM loved his father, wasn't one of those "rich brat kids", humble, wealthy, had no reason to be stealing cars, so I guess I can assume that those aren't embellished to the same degree as the education portion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES