Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this when it was originally posted, but wasn't one of the very early photos of DM we saw one of him standing on a truck while the engine was being installed or removed? With the background of his hobbies and all his 'toys', I would be very surprised if he actually was not mechanically inclined. I wonder if this contractor is just taking the opportunity of a cheap shot at a layman because of the dumb structural-wall maneuver.*

(I've lost track of why we're discussing his mechanical inclination--are we just breaking down his proclivities, or does this tie into his intellect?)

*Not defending DM. But this contractor's one-off is the only indication we've had that DM wasn't mechanically inclined. I know it's more comforting in some way to think of DM as a spoiled rich kid with no skills whatsover, but he didn't take pictures of himself and a completed car in a picturesque location--he took a picture of the process of engine replacement. That tells me he was interested in more than the end result.

Yeah, it's the old civil engineering vs. mechanical engineering thing lol

Mechanical engineers call civil engineers "cement mixers", civil engineers point out they have all their fingers, mechanical engineers say they build the weapons, civil engineer build the targets...I don't think anyone in one field or another would miss a chance to snipe lol

I agree, I think DM is quite mechanically inclined

I play video games and use the odd illicit substance from time to time, and I'm a high-functioning, successful member of society. I like to think I'm quite smart, too. I also have a number of friends who play more video games and smoke way more pot than I do, and they are equally as successful and capable.

Almost every single post on this board that has discussed drugs or video games comes from a person who clearly has lived a more sheltered life and has no idea what they are talking about. The descriptions of these guys living in some kind of drug den, making murder-snuff rap films, surrounded by violent imagery and murderous bloody video games have been downright laughable. Just because you're not familiar with lifestyles alternative to your own, doesn't make them bad. If they were known to enjoy maiming and killing animals, or molesting children, sure I would get on board... but recreational drug use and playing a bunch of video games explains absolutely nothing.

They are 25 and 27 years old, still living at home, unemployed, doing drugs and playing video games all day.... carjacking by night.... and this makes them fine upstanding members of society???

Pictures, well just pick one. How intelligent is someone that is implicated in a murder the next day from a one of a kind tattoo that was left uncovered. or... the victim's truck is in your mothers driveway.... an incinerator on your farm and remains found on your farm...your phone number is the last number on the victims phone... hey that has happened twice now, hasn't it. How highly intelligent is that.??

And when I see MS or DM's picture, I see evil, personally I cannot stand to look at their photos. Gives me the creeps.

ONe it all catches up to you one day.

Second, I am offended that you would say WM was an alcoholic. He was a pilot, he had to be alert in order to fly. Show me the proof and then I well believe you.

MS's mother works, unless you have more information and are closer to the facts, don't pretend drugs and booze don't lead to stupid behaviour.

WM was a pilot and was a good pilot, but it has been discussed about the tail numbers on the planes owned and the helicopter, with regards to records. When was his actual last flight then, SleuthV, as it must be on the helicopter???

They are 25 and 27 years old, still living at home, unemployed, doing drugs and playing video games all day.... carjacking by night.... and this makes them fine upstanding members of society???

The problem is that correlation does not equal causation.

They are not murderers because they play video games. They are murderers who happen to play video games. Millions and millions of productive, employed people play video games. The main game that's been mentioned (DOTA2) is very inoffensive. My boss plays it. There is no reason video games need to be part of the dialogue, just like you wouldn't bother bringing it up if they were members of a bowling league. (Speaking of which, that same boss who is obsessed with DOTA2 does also bowl in a league, and golfs regularly.)

I also don't believe pot makes people murderers or carjackers.

This thread of conversation started because someone (not sure who now) brought up "pot smoking video gamers", and several of us are objecting to the stereotype being linked to MURDERERS as though there was causation. It doesn't mean we are commending hard drugs or violent pastimes. It means the stereotype is outdated, like in the 70s when certain people thought anyone who listened to Led Zeppelin worshipped the devil.

They are not murderers because they play video games. They are murderers who happen to play video games. Millions and millions of productive, employed people play video games. The main game that's been mentioned (DOTA2) is very inoffensive. My boss plays it. There is no reason video games need to be part of the dialogue, just like you wouldn't bother bringing it up if they were members of a bowling league. (Speaking of which, that same boss who is obsessed with DOTA2 does also bowl in a league, and golfs regularly.)

This thread of conversation started because someone (not sure who now) brought up "pot smoking video gamers", and several of us are objecting to the stereotype being linked to MURDERERS as though there was causation. It doesn't mean we are commending hard drugs or violent pastimes. It means the stereotype is outdated, like in the 70s when certain people thought anyone who listened to Led Zeppelin worshipped the devil.

Agreed. pot smoking and video gaming does not make you a murderer.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I am employed by the online video game industry, but I abhor hard drug users for reasons that will be apparent in my recent posting history. I personally don't like pot, makes me paranoid. :))

Pictures, well just pick one. How intelligent is someone that is implicated in a murder the next day from a one of a kind tattoo that was left uncovered. or... the victim's truck is in your mothers driveway.... an incinerator on your farm and remains found on your farm...your phone number is the last number on the victims phone... hey that has happened twice now, hasn't it. How highly intelligent is that.??

This not about intelligence and there is nothing that can point to someone being not intelligent based on interpretation of photographs! Its about facts and we do not have all the facts. Assumptions get us nowhere. As for the facts that have led up to DM being arrested could mean many things especially that this was either not planned or not planned well or whatever was planned turned bad very fast etc etc. IMO i do not think that anyone trying to plan a crime would let any potential witnesses observe them or see any identifying tattoos. DM did not try to hide his identity and based on witness report from SB MS did have hood pulled over his head....perhaps trying to hide....or just the way he liked to wear it ....we do not know. Trying to judge someone based on pictures does not help or create accurate profiles of the accused. I believe there is way more to this story then any of us can even imagine because that is why none of our puzzle pieces are fitting right now and that because we are missing the big pieces. I hope when we find out who suspect 3 is things will start to make sense. The point of it all is to ensure that the people responsible are brought to justice with facts not accusations and assumptions. We truly know nothing about either of these suspects except their online footprint which can be interpreted in many ways. JMO

It's the dose that makes the poison

There is a big difference between someone who commutes, puts in 8 hours, and comes home to relax by playing a few hours of some game...and someone who is home all day and whose biggest achievement in the last 24 hours is the number of virtual kills they've made

There is a big difference between someone who has a puff on long weekends...and a chronic who starts the day with a joint and sells to support his habit

I'm suggesting MS in particular is on one end of the spectrum. MS was popped selling drugs at around age 17-18, so no doubt he was selling pot to kiddies at high school. Is that ok? Should there be dealers in high school so kids can have their first experience with pot as soon as possible? If you cross that line and regularly prey on kids, will you not hesitate to cross another moral boundary in the future?

Economics of pot dealing:

Hey that's a great mp3 player, I'll give you $70 for it...uh, how about I give you a quarter of weed? (which cost me $35, wholesale)

And then you have parents that are getting driven crazy because their kids are always "losing" expensive stuff and flunking school

As far as pot turning people into murderers and carjackers, I offer this:

"We know marijuana makes psychiatric illness worse, and we know that it
probably precipitates mental illness in predisposed people"

http://www.schizophrenia.com/news/marijuana1.html

Most people do not have a problem with marijuana, especially with only casual use. However SOME people can get thoroughly messed up. Psychiatric hospitalization kinda messed up.

If at no part of your day are you grounded in reality (i.e., if you're always gaming and getting stoned) how grounded are your thoughts?

I think MS's pot habit is relevant. The gaming, not so much...but the drugs, yeah

I think MS's pot habit is relevant. The gaming, not so much...but the drugs, yeah

MS's pot use is strictly conjecture. There is absolutely NO reliable evidence to establish this as fact.

It's very hard to debate "slippery slope" arguments, so we'll have to agree to disagree at this point. :) I'm certainly no pro-drug advocate, I'm just wary of pat explanations for murder. (The video games/pot/ heavy metal made them do it.) I also don't believe in evil. I think some people are just broken (sociopaths/psychopaths). Everything else is a debate about trifles. (JMO.)

MS's pot use is strictly conjecture. There is absolutely NO reliable evidence to establish this as fact.

2 convictions for possession
Associates with AS, charged with possession
"Like a brother" to JR, who has a pot seed operation and promotes heavy pot use along with his "music"
Neighbours say he smokes pot on his porch

...and he doesn't use pot?

Again assumptions not facts. DM was apppointed CEO of the aviation company....family business whether he actually worked or participated is not known and clearly he did not need to work for finances.
MS we have no clarification of whether he worked or when to school....nothing.
Do you have a link to support your claim that either of them played video games all day ?
Any proof of drugs? i did not see anything related to DM that he did drugs except a Fbk comment that i clearly think is a joke posted by a friend
As for MS he was charged with trafficking marijuana but we do not know if he used drugs perhaps so but to assume that they sat around all day doing drugs is ridiculous. How can you support that?
Carjacking by night? other than the crime we are currently sleuthing which we are not sure whether it was a carjacking ...unless there is some other evidence or facts to support this assumption that this they carjack together../
as for living at home..many 20 somethings stay at home....and we do not know whether MS had a job or went to school or if was just staying there perhaps he was just doing nothing ....we do not know yet. As for DM he purchased residences and we are not sure where he actually was prior to his fathers suicide they had several residences.
Stereotyping is not going to help figure things out. JMO

It's very hard to debate "slippery slope" arguments, so we'll have to agree to disagree at this point. :) I'm certainly no pro-drug advocate, I'm just wary of pat explanations for murder. (The video games/pot/ heavy metal made them do it.) I also don't believe in evil. I think some people are just broken (sociopaths/psychopaths). Everything else is a debate about trifles. (JMO.)

Yeah I have pretty well said my bit about chronic pot users :silenced:

do you have a link for this?

One clue at the rural scene where the remains of slain 32-year-old Bosma were found was a portable farm incinerator, used to cremate dead farm animals.

“It’s like a crematorium,” the officer said. “How his body was disposed of would make the hair on the back of anyone’s neck curl up.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/16/tim-bosmas-murder-may-have-been-thrill-kill-source

Snooper, you are the best! I was just trying to find the link.

SEE....I DO have a good memory! lol

Using the heavy machinery on farmland in the winter is not uncommon practice in the industry. The ground is solid enough to hold the machinery without creating ruts in the fields. Spring the ground is too soft and in summer the crops are planted. March is when many would work on the swampy/pond areas like the ones on DM's farm. Of all the points in this case, this is one of the few that I don't find odd.

It's the dose that makes the poison

There is a big difference between someone who commutes, puts in 8 hours, and comes home to relax by playing a few hours of some game...and someone who is home all day and whose biggest achievement in the last 24 hours is the number of virtual kills they've made

There is a big difference between someone who has a puff on long weekends...and a chronic who starts the day with a joint and sells to support his habit

I'm suggesting MS in particular is on one end of the spectrum. MS was popped selling drugs at around age 17-18, so no doubt he was selling pot to kiddies at high school. Is that ok? Should there be dealers in high school so kids can have their first experience with pot as soon as possible? If you cross that line and regularly prey on kids, will you not hesitate to cross another moral boundary in the future?

Economics of pot dealing:

Hey that's a great mp3 player, I'll give you $70 for it...uh, how about I give you a quarter of weed? (which cost me $35, wholesale)

And then you have parents that are getting driven crazy because their kids are always "losing" expensive stuff and flunking school

As far as pot turning people into murderers and carjackers, I offer this:

"We know marijuana makes psychiatric illness worse, and we know that it
probably precipitates mental illness in predisposed people"

http://www.schizophrenia.com/news/marijuana1.html

Most people do not have a problem with marijuana, especially with only casual use. However SOME people can get thoroughly messed up. Psychiatric hospitalization kinda messed up.

If at no part of your day are you grounded in reality (i.e., if you're always gaming and getting stoned) how grounded are your thoughts?

So true, it are the ones who do not do things in moderation that give people a bad name who like to indulge in certain activities. Idle time is what the devil likes. What does a killer look like? No one knows...that is the scary part. How ppl portay themselves in public and behind closed doors are two different things. So if friends say this person was this or that...how do they know what makes a person tick in their mind?

Using the heavy machinery on farmland in the winter is not uncommon practice in the industry. The ground is solid enough to hold the machinery without creating ruts in the fields. Spring the ground is too soft and in summer the crops are planted. March is when many would work on the swampy/pond areas like the ones on DM's farm. Of all the points in this case, this is one of the few that I don't find odd.

Unless a farmer has sold bush to a logging company or you are actively farming and spreading manure when there is not a great deal of snow, nothing makes sense to me. The only reason you would need a backhoe in the winter would be to for burying a dead animal (family horse) that would not even thought of to be considered to go for rendering MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme