Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont really think Toronto Police are finding anything on the farm..IMO they dont seem to be gathering anything..just searching because the case was re-opened.

They put down yellow evidence markers....I am sure they have something.

Part of me wonders if Derstine likes putting these guys away for life.
He lost the Rafferty case, the Hall case and maybe hoping for the Millard case?
JMO

A modern day superhero! I love it! :giggle:

As of an hour ago, there was only one Waterloo Police cruiser outside of the farm entrance, no search team present.

I just re-read this article from the National Post wherein DM's lawyer is beign interviewed.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...harged-with-ontario-father-tim-bosmas-murder/

When asked how DM was feeling, Paradkar actually says “Any human being would be remorseful and sad for what’s happened"

The definition of "remorseful" is feeling or expressing pain or sorrow for sins or offenses.

So, basically his lawyer just said he is guilty. While any human being would be saddened by what has happened to TB only the person who is actually guilty should feel remorse. IMO

Today? Has the search resumed?

As of an hour ago, there was only one Waterloo Police cruiser outside of the farm entrance, no search team present.

Tim Bosma murder case: Toronto homicide unit suspends search on suspect Dellen Millard's farm due to bad weather
By: Liam Casey GTA, Jennifer Pagliario Staff Reporters, Published on Wed May 29 2013
“We are there, however the search has been postponed because of weather,” said Const. Victor Kwong. “We will continue tomorrow (Thursday) weather permitting.”
We'll open the search thread tomorrow unless there's breaking news today. Be sure to alert if you see anything new.

:tyou:

I dont really think Toronto Police are finding anything on the farm..IMO they dont seem to be gathering anything..just searching because the case was re-opened.

In this article it states police have received information, so this is grounds for the search warrant to be issued. They, especially TPS, who didn't have a search warrant in the first place, can't just go and start searching.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-back-on-scene-at-millard-farm-in-north-dumfries-1.1300149

Who they have received the information from is the question....suspect #3?? IMO, I highly doubt that DM or MS are going to incriminate themselves in something, after stating they both intend to plead not guilty. If it is not suspect 3, then someone else close enough to either DM or MS.

I'm not sure that's true, and suspect that the 'no communication' order applies to the defense lawyers as well. My br-in-law is a Crown Attorney, so I'll ask him and get back to you.

Here's the reply from the CA. I hope that I am not breaking any rules by posting this message.

The question was asked if the lawyers could communicate with one another.

This is the reply...

"Typically, where co-accused have a non-communication order that order prevents all forms of communication "directly or indirectly".* So technically that should block lawyers for the co-accused from talking about their stories.* However, these orders generally are crafted to allow the lawyers to talk about trial issues:* they are allowed to share thoughts in terms of how the case is going to run.* So it is a very fine line.

"The practical reality, though, is that in most cases the accused have been grilled by police for hours and hours without their lawyers present.* There is nothing defence counsel can do to prevent that.* And the cops are very good at getting an accused to forget his/her counsel's advice to keep their mouths shut!* In most cases, the accused end up telling the cops enough that there isn't a lot of room to make up a new version of events later.

"The other very real aspect in a case like the Bosma murder is that the police and prosecution may offer a sweet deal to one of the weaker, less culpable accused in exchange for the co-operation of that accused implicating the others.* This is far more aggressively played out in the U.S., but it certainly is a prosecution tactic in Canada as well.* When there are co-accused, each is constantly wondering if one of the others is going to roll over on him, and whether he should roll over on the others before that happens...."

Thanks for asking, I appreciate it. I feel a little relieved that it's a bit of a grey area, as some seemed to think it was obvious!

"When there are co-accused, each is constantly wondering if one of the others is going to roll over on him, and whether he should roll over on the others before that happens...."

The classic prisoner dilemma!

Thanks for asking, I appreciate it. I feel a little relieved that it's a bit of a grey area, as some seemed to think it was obvious!

The classic prisoner dilemma!

Providing an opportunity to collude on their stories just doesn't make sense, even if it's done through the lawyers. But of course, they will have access to all the details during disclosure.

It seems odd to me that DM knew that he had to keep silent, even before his lawyer arrived to reinforce his right to remain silent. I would expect that someone as young as DM, wouldn't be so well informed and would be more naive about the legal system. He seems rather experienced for one who has never had any run-ins with the law.

But ... I think that this has already been discussed in one of the former threads.

It seems odd to me that DM knew that he had to keep silent, even before his lawyer arrived to reinforce his right to remain silent. I would expect that someone as young as DM, wouldn't be so well informed and would be more naive about the legal system. He seems rather experienced for one who has never had any run-ins with the law.

Maybe DM was a member of Websleuths and was well informed about his right to remain silent ;)

Not sure which thread it was that was talking about DM FB acct. But since this morning a 4th 'friend' is now on there from the prior 3 that everyone was stating...RB...because both accounts are limited in what can be viewed, it's unclear if this is a new addition or someone who also activates and deactivates...

EDIT...as a matter of fact, the last name may ring a few bells.......

I don't think AM ever unfriended him. AM keep activating and deactivating his profile. When he deactivates, he also disappears from friend lists. When he reactivates, he reappears.

There's a fourth now since this morning when I checked...not AM but a RB...last name not unfamiliar.

If such a record did come out then it would totally destroy the lawyers credibility and thus the case...no brush with the law means exactly that

If you believe that the lawyers have credibility to begin with. I have seen it happen several times on here. One case that sticks in my mind is Ryan Brunn's murder of Jorelys Rivera. Turned out that he had been accused of child molestation as a juvenile. He ended up pleading guilty and committing suicide.

Anyone else wondering about the cat in DM's FB profile pic?
Does the cat belong to DM? Or should I say - does that cat own DM? If so, I hope someone is looking after him/her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon