Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blomquist, IMO ST & GPM are from a totally different era and they were exonerated on DNA.

"It's not just prosecutors and police who have embraced DNA testing. While genetic matches are extremely reliable in fingering criminals, they're virtually foolproof in exonerating the innocent.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...#ixzz2amOSOQlB

IMO, we'll have to wait and see exactly what forensic evidence LE has. black

Precisely...so if DNA was not a factor in the case they would still be languishing in jail !!!!!

Who's to say that this case has any DNA that can exonerate anyone?

The body was allegedly burned which would eradicate DNA from that.... so now the scope for DNA lessens. Some people are still in jail and without the luxury of having the possibility of DNA exonerating them.... I am quite aware of DNA and how it can be used and abused...but thanks for the link anyway.

I find it strange how people are of the impression that if DNA cannot free you then you must be guilty..... not all cases have DNA to test or even find DNA to link to a case. JMO

Precisely...so if DNA was not a factor in the case they would still be languishing in jail !!!!!

The body was allegedly burned which would eradicate DNA from that.... so now the scope for DNA lessens. Some people are still in jail and without the luxury of having the possibility of DNA exonerating them.... I am quite aware of DNA and how it can be used and abused...but thanks for the link anyway.

I find it strange how people are of the impression that if DNA cannot free you then you must be guilty..... not all cases have DNA to test or even find DNA to link to a case. JMO
Blomquist, IMO, DNA testing is getting better by the day and I anticipate good DNA evidence in this case-time will tell. There's also the possibility of eye witnesses to the crime, or an accomplice to the crime providing evidence for the Crown. IMO, September isn't that far away and for some reason, even after receiving some of the disclosure, DP is still OK with DM spending his days in jail. Whats up with that? MOO

Blomquist, IMO, DNA testing is getting better by the day and I anticipate good DNA evidence in this case-time will tell. There's also the possibility of eye witnesses to the crime, or an accomplice to the crime providing evidence for the Crown. IMO, September isn't that far away and for some reason, even after receiving some of the disclosure, DP is still OK with DM spending his days in jail. Whats up with that? MOO

Always possibilities.. even possibilities that DM has a story to tell that the witch hunters won't like. I personally know of cases where innocent people have been held or on ridiculous conditions when they have been innocent....its not a new phenomenon IMO happens regularly...the system has the 'power' to jail people...even innocents...moo:moo:

Always possibilities.. even possibilities that DM has a story to tell that the witch hunters won't like. I personally know of cases where innocent people have been held or on ridiculous conditions when they have been innocent....its not a new phenomenon IMO happens regularly...the system has the 'power' to jail people...even innocents...moo:moo:
Thanks Blomquist..the good part is that we get closer to the truth every day! Time for holidays for this sleuther! Adios amigos! See you in September! :ufo:

Correct on all points. Some folks will never understand a murderer or the mind of one.

Murderer Ted Bundy used to say it was all about power and possession.......

“You feel the last bit of breath leaving their body. You’re looking into their eyes. A person in that situation is God!” Ted Bundy

“Murder is not about lust and it’s not about violence. It’s about possession.”
Ted Bundy

Also to point out, Ann Rule worked with Ted Bundy for years in his younger years. She saw him as a highly intelligent (which he was)(and Ann is also a very intelligent woman IMO), concerned, gentleman. She met him while working at a crisis centre answering phone calls to people in crisis and she had no idea he was a psychopath. And for the longest time after he was incarcerated she was in denial he could be so evil.

SB my heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family for the loss of your family member. :hug: You truly never get over the trauma of losing a loved one who passes. To loss someone to murder is a whole different story. Loved ones beat themselves up enough with doubt and lack of foresight. A monster is a monster and unfortunately they blend in with society too well, and scary enough many come across as very likable and charming individuals. Never should the loved ones of a victim ever feel they are to blame or obtuse for what that monster did. That would be comparative to people blaming SB for allowing Tim to leave that night for the test drive. She saw that smile but didn't recognize the devil within. Those who judge so unfairly lack empathy and common sense IMHO. May you take comfort in knowing your family member is in eternal peace. Sincerely.

Thanks Blomquist..the good part is that we get closer to the truth every day! Time for holidays for this sleuther! Adios amigos! See you in September! :ufo:

Enjoy MsSherlock! I'm looking forward to reading more of your brilliant, well thought out, informative posts. :blowkiss:

And when the truth comes out, and guilty are charged (not naming names), some justice will be served and the witch hunters will do the Justice dance. :giggle:

:party:

Have a good holiday! Hopefully we will have something new to talk about by your return.

Not to worry BQ, it seems they have lots of evidence to work with, the piles of computer evidence and biological samples they have been poring over should prove who the killer is.... MOO

Police continue to investigate Tim's murder, adds Leitch. Forensics experts are sifting through piles of computer evidence and biological samples.

"This is a large investigation with a large amount of evidence seized," he says.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3...rough-appearances-of-bosma-s-accused-killers/

Not to worry BQ, it seems they have lots of evidence to work with, the piles of computer evidence and biological samples they have been poring over should prove who the killer is.... MOO

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3...rough-appearances-of-bosma-s-accused-killers/

It means IMO that they invaded and raided his properties and have taken his property and are looking through it in the hope they can find something that may help their case....or at the very least use something, create a story around it and then suggest it was used in the murder.... ie./ box of matches .... photographs..kitchen scale... looking up the word 'trucks; on a computer..... even if unrelated and benign they will use to incriminate..... JMO

It means IMO that they invaded and raided his properties and have taken his property and are looking through it in the hope they can find something that may help their case....or at the very least use something, create a story around it and then suggest it was used in the murder.... ie./ box of matches .... photographs..kitchen scale... looking up the word 'trucks; on a computer..... even if unrelated and benign they will use to incriminate..... JMO

JMO, but of course they would "invade and raid" properties belonging to DM. From the beginning, even before they found TB's body (or his truck for that matter), LE already had DM in custody. I could see it being questionable if they had merely found TB's body on his property, and then arrested DM and charged him with murder, just because they found TB's body on his property.

Just for reference, in my neighborhood, a body was discovered in a blue barrel on the neighbors property: http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/2982303-body-of-toronto-man-found-in-rural-milton/ Funny thing is, the police didn't "invade and raid" the neighbors house just because a body was found on their property. LE is still searching for the killer. MOO, but since they arrested DM prior to finding TB's body on his property, they already had some evidence linking him to the crime. JMHO, like usual. :)

The Arrest:
Posted: May 11, 2013 12:03 PM ET Hamilton police say they've arrested and charged a 27-year-old man in the case of Tim Bosma, the Ancaster, Ont., man reported missing earlier this week.

Supt. Dan Kinsella said Dellen Millard was arrested while driving on Cawthra Road in Mississauga and charged with forcible confinement and theft over $5,000
http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/11/hamilton-bosma-arrest.html

They find TB's body:
13/05/14 Hamilton Police say that missing Ancaster, Ont. father Tim Bosma has been found dead. Police said the remains of Bosma were found burned

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/14/tim-bosma-found-dead/

Don't forget, those piles of evidence include everything they've collected, not just what applies to the case. They haven't even finished going through it or testing the biological samples yet. Whatever turns out to be "nothing" is still included in those piles of evidence.

JMO

Didn't DP say that his client would be pleading NOT GUILTY ????

The reason he hasn't put in a plea IMO is that an arraignment has not yet occurred JMO

Thank you BQ, I am aware of that, but I was not referring to DM. You had said to the effect that you wouldn't enter a plea until full disclosure. So, I am curious how anyone who might initially choose to plead Not Guilty would change to a Guilty plea after full disclosure was received.

I can see how someone initially planning to plead Guilty would change their mind to plead NG if full disclosure indicated a lack of substantial evidence, but am curious why an innocent person who initially planned to plead Not Guilty would ever somehow feel the need to plead Guilty under any circumstances.

Hope that makes sense.

Maybe I am wrong but IMO having equipment is different than finding evidence.

Yes. So they seized the equipment when they did and by now have found evidence within it.

I have to say I'm more trusting of information obtained by Susan Clairmont at the Spec for many reasons*but for this case specifically we can assume she has solid contacts at HPS. I notice she delivers drama when necessary but no gossipy undertones re guilt/innocence. Moo. I feel confident the switch to "computer evidence" is not a misunderstanding.

Also, looking at archived Clairmont columns from this case I found this comment from May 15:

"Several people close to the investigation have told me ... that this is one of the strangest cases they have ever seen. There is much more to it than the public is aware of."
http://www.thespec.com/opinion-stor...questions-remain-unanswered-in-bosma-slaying/
- and that was pretty early on!

So SC's recent article adds to the many references of this being a large investigation. In my opinion, this just cant be about two guys with no regard for human life, setting out to steal a car and murder its owner just to be adventurous, as others believe.

Hence the belief in an OC ring involvement doesnt come out of nowhere, its not a grasp at straws IMO. Consider the comments made by the two reporters in the Globe and Mail link below, the silence is extreme, they've never seen anything like it. If you ask me the cloak of silence in this case is FEAR.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/n...osmaupdatemp4/article12772851/?service=mobile

Thank you BQ, I am aware of that, but I was not referring to DM. You had said to the effect that you wouldn't enter a plea until full disclosure. So, I am curious how anyone who might initially choose to plead Not Guilty would change to a Guilty plea after full disclosure was received.

I can see how someone initially planning to plead Guilty would change their mind to plead NG if full disclosure indicated a lack of substantial evidence, but am curious why an innocent person who initially planned to plead Not Guilty would ever somehow feel the need to plead Guilty under any circumstances.

Hope that makes sense.

Here's one reason:

In subsequent years, it was determined conclusively to be a crime that was committed by someone else. And yet, the accused entered a guilty plea of this offense because in the trial, the evidence against him was being presented in such a compelling fashion, that he and his lawyer were convinced that he was likely to be found guilty. So he took a plea bargain which resulted in a much lower sentence.

http://info.lawyershop.ca/archives/2008/11/24/situations-in-which-an-innocent-person-might-plead-guilty-to-a-murder-charge/

Along with it's other faults, the custom of plea bargaining can encourage an innocent person to plead guilty.

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/csj-sjc/ilp-pji/pb-rpc/pb1-rpc1.html

JMO

Yes. So they seized the equipment when they did and by now have found evidence within it.

I have to say I'm more trusting of information obtained by Susan Clairmont at the Spec for many reasons*but for this case specifically we can assume she has solid contacts at HPS. I notice she delivers drama when necessary but no gossipy undertones re guilt/innocence. Moo. I feel confident the switch to "computer evidence" is not a misunderstanding.

Also, looking at archived Clairmont columns from this case I found this comment from May 15:

"Several people close to the investigation have told me ... that this is one of the strangest cases they have ever seen. There is much more to it than the public is aware of."
http://www.thespec.com/opinion-stor...questions-remain-unanswered-in-bosma-slaying/
- and that was pretty early on!

So SC's recent article adds to the many references of this being a large investigation. In my opinion, this just cant be about two guys with no regard for human life, setting out to steal a car and murder its owner just to be adventurous, as others believe.

Hence the belief in an OC ring involvement doesnt come out of nowhere, its not a grasp at straws IMO. Consider the comments made by the two reporters in the Globe and Mail link below, the silence is extreme, they've never seen anything like it. If you ask me the cloak of silence in this case is FEAR.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/n...osmaupdatemp4/article12772851/?service=mobile

Interesting that she refers to another case where the victim was abducted, killed and burned.

Burning a body is a long, difficult and gruesome task — as I learned from the horrific testimony at the recent trial of killer Jeremy Hall, who incinerated Billy Mason in a bonfire. On Hall's farm. After Billy was abducted and quickly killed.
I hadn't heard about that one before.

I hadn't heard of that case before.

Billy Mason was 27 when vanished in February 2006. The Crown's theory was that Jeremy Hall killed him because he thought Billy had set him up in a drug rip that ended with Hells Angels seeking revenge. Hall was found guilty of first-degree murder.
Later, Hall recruited a friend to kill Lusted before he could rat to police about Billy’s murder.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2528201-jeremy-hall-guilty-of-murdering-billy-mason-/

Thanks AD. Mr. B doesn't specify, so I wonder what well-known Ontario case he was referring to.

Just a little coinkydink I noticed ... Mr. B is in the same building as RR, the Admin contact for Millard Air dot com. Small world I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro