Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain the many possibilities. Traced to DM to me means somehow LE figured out it was DM's phone. (They traced the phone to DM). Maybe he had used it to call friends? Maybe he paid for it with his cc? Maybe he used his fb name or his steam name? I don't believe Sgt. Kavanagh is speaking in riddles.

I guess we shall have to wait and see won't we. Maybe, maybe doesn't help with the facts for me.... JMO

Watched a show tonight called True Crime Scene ( I think it was called that ) and wow, did some parallels to this case every ring home.
Here is a websleuther commenting on the case a few years ago.
I just found the similarities of interest.

Rafay Murders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks for that Eldee ... just the other day was trying to remember their names.

There's also the case of Darren Huenemann ("such a good boy"), Derik Lord and David Muir here in BC. Lord and Muir were hired by Huenemann to kill Huenemann's mom and grandma so he would inherit $4 million.

I guess we shall have to wait and see won't we. Maybe, maybe doesn't help with the facts for me.... JMO

Respectfully BQ. The only facts we can trust as facts are official police reports. Only through the trial will we learn facts based on evidence The only facts we know are what LE have reported and then again that is subjected to doubt by some. We are sleuthing and nothing has to be factual to sleuth. It's mainly speculation, assumption, opinions, hearsay, guessing on our part. Anyone looking for facts on this case is going to have to wait until the trial due to PB. Then there will be those individuals who will still not accept the facts presented and believe LE, witness, lawyers, scientist and other professionals are nothing but money grubbing and liars who twist the truth. :moo:

IMO the only true facts we know are:
*TB was killed
*DM and MS have been arrested and charged with first degree murder, DM also carries charges of theft and forcible confinement.
*TB left for a test drive with someone and never returned home

Information which has been given as factual by LE to do directly with TB's case. I have not included indirect facts e.i., DM owned multiple properties and MS's past criminal charges ect. HTH
*police say DM and TB's paths first crossed during a test drive in Bosma’s truck.

*TB was burned beyond recognition and found on the farmland property owned by DM

*TB's truck was found inside a trailer registered to Millardair in MB's driveway

*An incinerator was found on farmland owned by DM
*There were two areas of DM's farmland property where the ground was burnt
*TB's cell phone was found after his disappearance in Brantford

*TB and BO were contacted by someone telling them they were interested in buy their Dodge Ram trucks

*A HD motorcycle and a trailer which were stolen were found inside of the Millardair new hangar

*SB said she saw the perps

*BO saw a tattoo on the person's wrist who test drove his truck
*burner cell phone records can be traced to DM (does not say JUST his name)

* A dark blue Yukon SUV owned by Dellen Millard, was following TB's truck the night TB was abducted. They, whoever they are (LE), say only a driver was inside.

*Since DM's arrest, the investigation has seen forensics and police comb through three of his properties in Etobicoke, a farm near Ayr and a Waterloo airport hangar.

*LE are further investigating the disappearance of LB and the death of WM who died of a gunshot wound to the head

I just tried to stick to the bare bones and more than likely missed some facts. HTH

Thanks Swedie for taking the time to provide rundown of known facts.

I still have trouble with the comment that specifically links the burner phone records to DM and I would suggest it is omitted from the list of known facts.

“Fate is a wonderful thing, isn’t it?” he said, adding that police found that Toronto man through calls on a disposable cellphone traced to Mr. Millard.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ird-suspect-in-bosma-killing/article12370401/

If that is what Kavanagh actually said, why end the quotations where the reporter did? I believe the traced to Dellen Millard was a misunderstanding based on the reporter's own assumption that the phone belonged to Dellen Millard. IMO, Kavanagh told reporters the man received the call from the same cell phone that was used to contact Bosma and another Toronto man, as reported in the following CTV link and other reports:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/tim-bo...ted-to-test-drive-used-pickup-truck-1.1311906

I believe if Kavanagh actually said the phone was linked to Dellen Millard, everybody else would have reported that too. :moo:

Thanks Swedie for taking the time to provide rundown of known facts.

I still have trouble with the comment that specifically links the burner phone records to DM and I would suggest it is omitted from the list of known facts.

If that is what Kavanagh actually said, why end the quotations where the reporter did? I believe the traced to Dellen Millard was a misunderstanding based on the reporter's own assumption that the phone belonged to Dellen Millard. IMO, Kavanagh told reporters the man received the call from the same cell phone that was used to contact Bosma and another Toronto man, as reported in the following CTV link and other reports:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/tim-bo...ted-to-test-drive-used-pickup-truck-1.1311906

I believe if Kavanagh actually said the phone was linked to Dellen Millard, everybody else would have reported that too. :moo:

IMO this CBC article from June 5th definitely links the burner phone to Millard with a direct quote from LE:

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/06/05/hamilton-bosma-third-test-drive.html

Hamilton police confirm a third man was contacted for a test drive of a truck he was selling with the same cellphone that was used to call Tim Bosma the day before he died.

“There was a third test drive initiated by [Dellen] Millard,” said Sgt. Debbie McGreal, spokesperson for Hamilton police.

---------------

So, since the same phone was used for test drive #1 and #3, and DM is linked to the #3 test drive phone, then he must also be linked to the #1 test drive phone.

Yesterday Police received the results of a Production Order for the cellular telephone of the man that contacted Mr. Bosma. From the cellular records and interviews Police have found that these two individuals test drove a similar vehicle in Toronto on Sunday May 5th in the middle of the day. The owner of this vehicle was not harmed.
https://www.facebook.com/HamiltonPolice/posts/623618434333119:0
Investigators have now obtained cellphone records for the number they believe the men called Bosma from, a phone registered under “a bogus name.” Kavanagh said the phone has been “turned off” since it was used to call Bosma.
However, through the phone records police identified a Toronto man who took the same two men for a test drive in his vehicle — which is “similar to Bosma’s” and was also advertised for sale online — a day before the Ancaster man vanished.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/10/missing-hamilton-man-tim-bosnas-cell-phone-found-in-brantford
Hamilton police confirm a third man was contacted for a test drive of a truck he was selling with the same cellphone that was used to call Tim Bosma the day before he died.
“There was a third test drive initiated by [Dellen] Millard,” said Sgt. Debbie McGreal, spokesperson for Hamilton police.
http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/06/05/hamilton-bosma-third-test-drive.html
Meanwhile, police have also been able to trace the phone number the suspects used back to a cellphone that stopped working soon after Bosma disappeared.
The cellphone was purchased about three months ago and was bought under a fake name, Kavanagh said.
Detectives said that cellphone was used in Etobicoke the day before Bosma disappeared and that they are making efforts to contact everyone who received a phone call from that number.
http://www.cp24.com/news/bosma-s-cellphone-found-police-release-new-details-on-suspects-1.1275631

1.JIMO...I think once this goes to COURT...It shall be extremely clear ......facts will show the truth as SWEDE indicated very clearly IMO....

2.****PLUS I think SB who was the last person to see her husband alive ...will identify " how evil looked her in the face with a smile"...she knows who took Tim Bosma for that test drive....NOW I know the next post will say something like....JUST because the 2 were identified DOES not mean they did the evil deed of MURDER....

3. IMO those finger prints....and much more will show the TRUTH!

4.HMMMMMMMMMMMM ...Le do say Mr. Bosma body was burnt than put thru an incinerator...IMO ya it just happened to belong to DM on His farm too...
5. I realize everyone here is intitled to Their opinions....above is JMIO>>>>

6. Remember that incinerator is PURCHASED BY MILLAR CO...IS THIS JUST ANOTHER CONSEQUENCE( sorry caps locked )....imo DOUBTFUL WHEN YOU STACK ALL THE CARDS...IMO again>>>SWEDE YOU DID A GOOD JOB...imo OF LISTING IT...THanks ROBYNHOOD....

7.imo...THE COURT WILL SHOW ALL THE LINKS AS i believe they dotted it ...we shall all see it in the full court appearance....I will tweet it again HERE too.!...robynhood...all of this is JIMO ..not stating it yet as fact of course....robynhood.

Thanks for that Eldee ... just the other day was trying to remember their names.

There's also the case of Darren Huenemann ("such a good boy"), Derik Lord and David Muir here in BC. Lord and Muir were hired by Huenemann to kill Huenemann's mom and grandma so he would inherit $4 million.

Just read about that one too. thanks for posting. I always thought criminal profiling would be such a difficult job, however, after awhile a lot of these young rich murderers all seem to fit the same profile.

It's always good to read everyone's opinion... over and over.... but still it's speculative.... which is fine as it gives more to think about.... I just wish speculation and suggestion were the key...although the power of suggestion is quite strong for some people..... I am still looking for the answers as none of it makes sense in the format presented from either angle....for me anyway.... JMO.... Although I do feel that when presented with what I feel is not relevant... it helps me deduce what I believe is relevant.... I expect others find this to be the case too...

I think the real story that DP mentioned might well be an eye opener.... and even then I am expecting the full details to take more time to come forth... MOO

It's always good to read everyone's opinion... over and over.... but still it's speculative.... which is fine as it gives more to think about.... I just wish speculation and suggestion were the key...although the power of suggestion is quite strong for some people..... I am still looking for the answers as none of it makes sense in the format presented from either angle....for me anyway.... JMO.... Although I do feel that when presented with what I feel is not relevant... it helps me deduce what I believe is relevant.... I expect others find this to be the case too...

I think the real story that DP mentioned might well be an eye opener.... and even then I am expecting the full details to take more time to come forth... MOO
I have to say, the relevant facts are powerful, and those facts suggest to me that DM is culpable in TB's murder. If facts exists which imply otherwise, I've yet to seen them. It will take much more than the promise of a "realy story" from a defense attorney to sway me in the other direction.

1.JIMO...I think once this goes to COURT...It shall be extremely clear ......facts will show the truth as SWEDE indicated very clearly IMO....

2.****PLUS I think SB who was the last person to see her husband alive ...will identify " how evil looked her in the face with a smile"...she knows who took Tim Bosma for that test drive....NOW I know the next post will say something like....JUST because the 2 were identified DOES not mean they did the evil deed of MURDER....

3. IMO those finger prints....and much more will show the TRUTH!

4.HMMMMMMMMMMMM ...Le do say Mr. Bosma body was burnt than put thru an incinerator...IMO ya it just happened to belong to DM on His farm too...
5. I realize everyone here is intitled to Their opinions....above is JMIO>>>>

6. Remember that incinerator is PURCHASED BY MILLAR CO...IS THIS JUST ANOTHER CONSEQUENCE( sorry caps locked )....imo DOUBTFUL WHEN YOU STACK ALL THE CARDS...IMO again>>>SWEDE YOU DID A GOOD JOB...imo OF LISTING IT...THanks ROBYNHOOD....

7.imo...THE COURT WILL SHOW ALL THE LINKS AS i believe they dotted it ...we shall all see it in the full court appearance....I will tweet it again HERE too.!...robynhood...all of this is JIMO ..not stating it yet as fact of course....robynhood.

:seeya: Nice to see you RH! Yes I stuck to the facts that we have at this point and IMHO it is crystal clear what the motive was, I do not believe LE have the wrong people behind bars. I have followed this case from day one, looked at every possible theory, speculations, assumptions presented, and remained open minded to all. At this time I believe LE have got it right. Should there have been any errors and the wrong people where arrested, DM would have been able to assist his lawyer who he believed was responsible for framing him/setting him up. In turn DP would have gone to LE with that information and they would have investigated all avenues. LE would have investigated this theory even long before DP could have suggested it. Not only that but MS has not even helped out with the alternative possibilities or else we would have probably heard of other arrests. If that was to have happened, it would have become public information regardless of the PB.

LE are not being closed minded in this case. There were hundreds of investigators covering this case and many still on it. They as well as some of us want to see justice for TB and his family and make certain the right people are put away, taken out of society so history does not repeat itself. I am positive the frame aspect has been fully investigated and there is nothing there to indicate DM nor MS have been framed, no enemies after DM's money, no OC (by which I see is no longer being sleuthed), no framing. IMHO.

I have to say, the relevant facts are powerful, and those facts suggest to me that DM is culpable in TB's murder. If facts exists which imply otherwise, I've yet to seen them. It will take much more than the promise of a "realy story" from a defense attorney to sway me in the other direction.

Yes its strange how we all see things from different perspectives isn't it.... some see the 'facts' as enough to hang and others see nothing at all to suggest that he is definitely the culprit.

I would just like the 'story' to unravel .... lets hope it does... MOO

I like this saying... " Just because a million people say it is so....does not make it so" ...

So regardless of which opinion we have....if our opinions are pure opinion and speculation we can only be guessing IMO. Not everyone will see things the same... even continuously repeating something we believe does not make it any more factual than it actually is. JMO.

Even some of the alleged facts to me are not factual...but assumptions, even by LE... ( who I might add are prone to assumption IMO)

Without sounding too dramatic... this case could be worthy of a Stephen King novel... JMO

I am positive the frame aspect has been fully investigated and there is nothing there to indicate DM nor MS have been framed, no enemies after DM's money, no OC (by which I see is no longer being sleuthed), no framing. IMHO.
<rsbm>

Framing involves details such as who/what/why/when/where. Framing involves setting someone up without their knowledge. IF DM was framed, he didn't know about it at the time of Tim's murder, seemed blissfully unaware of it as he went about his life after Tim's murder, or at the time of his arrest ... goes to jail, and VOILA !!! Sitting in jail with no contact with the outside world, DM has his first visit from his lawyer, and now has all the knowledge and information related to such a framing conspiracy ... all so his lawyer is able to say "the truth will come out".

IF DM didn't know "the truth" about such framing prior to his arrest , how did he suddenly become aware of this massive framing/conspiracy truth while sitting in jail after his arrest?

Yes its strange how we all see things from different perspectives isn't it.... some see the 'facts' as enough to hang and others see nothing at all to suggest that he is definitely the culprit.

I would just like the 'story' to unravel .... lets hope it does... MOO

I don't think a jury requires anything to prove DM and MS are definitely the culprits, all they need is enough evidence to prove it was them beyond a reasonable doubt. If it can be proven that it was definitely them that took TB and his truck out for a test drive on the evening of May 6th, then considering that TB's body was found on DM's farm and his truck was found at DM's mom's house, if I was a juror, that would be enough for me to return a guilty verdict.

Sure, it's not impossible that they didn't murder him. Maybe he had a heart attack and they panicked. Maybe the truck door opened by accident and he fell out. Maybe a 3rd party forced them off the road and murdered TB. Who knows. But if that's the case, then IMO the burden of proof would then fall onto the defense to show that that is what really happened.

moo moo moo :)

Edit: Added the following

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt, therefore, is proof of such a convincing character that you would be willing to rely and act upon it without hesitation in the most important of your own affairs. However, it does not mean an absolute certainty. The standard that must be met by the prosecution's evidence in a criminal prosecution is that no other logical explanation can be derived from the facts except that the defendant committed the crime, thereby overcoming the presumption that a person is innocent unless and until proven guilty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_burden_of_proof

<rsbm>

Framing involves details such as who/what/why/when/where. Framing involves setting someone up without their knowledge. IF DM was framed, he didn't know about it at the time of Tim's murder, seemed blissfully unaware of it as he went about his life after Tim's murder, or at the time of his arrest ... goes to jail, and VOILA !!! Sitting in jail with no contact with the outside world, DM has his first visit from his lawyer, and now has all the knowledge and information related to such a framing conspiracy ... all so his lawyer is able to say "the truth will come out".

IF DM didn't know "the truth" about such framing prior to his arrest , how did he suddenly become aware of this massive framing/conspiracy truth while sitting in jail after his arrest?

I would imagine he still wouldnt know all the details of a framing, if that were the case. Maybe can piece some things together. Maybe DP is suggesting the truth is merely simething that us not what has been laid out for our eyes to see.

I don't think a jury requires anything to prove DM and MS are definitely the culprits, all they need is enough evidence to prove it was them beyond a reasonable doubt. If it can be proven that it was definitely them that took TB and his truck out for a test drive on the evening of May 6th, then considering that TB's body was found on DM's farm and his truck was found at DM's mom's house, if I was a juror, that would be enough for me to return a guilty verdict.

Sure, it's not impossible that they didn't murder him. Maybe he had a heart attack and they panicked. Maybe the truck door opened by accident and he fell out. Maybe a 3rd party forced them off the road and murdered TB. Who knows. But if that's the case, then IMO the burden of proof would then fall onto the defense to show that that is what really happened.

moo moo moo :)

Edit: Added the following

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt, therefore, is proof of such a convincing character that you would be willing to rely and act upon it without hesitation in the most important of your own affairs. However, it does not mean an absolute certainty. The standard that must be met by the prosecution's evidence in a criminal prosecution is that no other logical explanation can be derived from the facts except that the defendant committed the crime, thereby overcoming the presumption that a person is innocent unless and until proven guilty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_burden_of_proof

I agree lanman .. with one exception, being that the defence is not required to provide "proof" (that responsibility falls on the shoulders of the prosecution), but the defence must be able to suggest believable alternate theories in order to create "reasonable" doubt.

Suggestions, opinions or conclusions provided by the defence, without a logical progression of thought and common sense, and something to substantiate their theory, just isn't going to cut it with a jury.

IMO this CBC article from June 5th definitely links the burner phone to Millard with a direct quote from LE:

---------------

So, since the same phone was used for test drive #1 and #3, and DM is lined to the #3 test drive phone, then he must also be linked to the #1 test drive phone.

Thanks Ianman. I based my comment on the link Swedie posted and the ones I found when googling "Kavanagh third test drive" or similar keywords. Maybe because the statement you found was made by McGreal and not Kavanagh, it did not come up in my results. Sorry Swedie, I will take a virtual :slap: for that and like I said before, thank you for compiling the list.

Not sure why, but I would feel more comfortable with accepting it if it came out of Kavanagh's mouth. MOO.

I wonder how they are certain Millard made the calls.

At least this may narrow down one aspect of what happened that night, up until a certain point.

I agree lanman .. with one exception, being that the defence is not required to provide "proof" (that responsibility falls on the shoulders of the prosecution), but the defence must be able to suggest believable alternate theories in order to create "reasonable" doubt.

Suggestions, opinions or conclusions provided by the defence, without a logical progression of thought and common sense, and something to substantiate their theory, just isn't going to cut it with a jury.

If the prosecution's evidence goes beyond reasonable doubt, then they have fulfilled their burden of proof. At that point, "Fulfilling the burden of proof effectively captures the benefit of assumption, passing the burden of proof off to another party."

Who needs law school when you have wikipedia :)

Wow, denied parole eight times because he still maintains he's innocent. He's either very stubborn or very patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme