Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt DM will get bail. Remember, he may also be a suspect in WM death and the disappearance of LB. jmo

Here's more information on the subject:

Segregated inmates are most likely to be single, male offenders in their late 20’s to early 30’s, slightly younger than the non-segregated population (Wichman & Nafekh, 2001). Offenders placed in segregation tend to have more extensive criminal histories, more violent offence convictions, lower reintegration potential ratings, and higher security classifications at intake, than inmates who are not subsequently placed in segregation. The former group is also more likely to be assessed as higher risk and need. Throughout their sentence they show the greatest adjustment difficulties while incarcerated.
It also makes sense that those with limited or no violent criminal history, or are well known due to celebrity or media, or those not yet convicted are in PC. I know a person who has experienced the Provincial system for a short period of time.It is no Holiday Inn experience, you can be certain. Visits are likely behind glass, lasting 20 minutes, up to 2 visitors per visit, up to 2 times per week. Visits with lawyers are face to face, and the visit time allowed is longer. Typically, 23 hours per day is spent in the cell, possibly alone. If ther is another person, this person is usually no treat to spend 24/7 with. The 1 hour, or 30 minutes stated in this case is for a shower, or possibly a short period of time outside in an enclosed yard with partial sky visible. There is nothing to do, limited access to reading material, and food is probably worse than in a hospital. Phone calls are 1 hour max (20 min per call) every other day. There can be many days when the inmate will not get the 30 minutes out of the cell due to a variety of reasons relating to activities at the institution, problems, or staff shortages. Personal belongings are very limited. ie: forget dental floss, ect. All items, such as toothpaste, magazine, candy, are purchased through the institution. Order one day, receive items a week later. If the inmate chooses to join general population, there is more available such as education and church service, but dealing with other inmates stealing your meager belongings, and the constant threat of violence are a whole other story. If convicted, DM goes to the Federal system. I understand (don't know anyone who has been there) that is where the real hell begins. It is totally baffling to me why someone, like DM who appears to have everything would do something so heinous, and so very stupid. But as we know, it happens. But rest assured, it will be no vacation.

Doesn't sound like DP asked for it, or even knows why he's being segregated (not that we can believe everything DP says).

"“He is getting into a routine, but I can indicate he is locked up for 23 and a half hours a day, and that is pretty tough for anybody,” said Paradkar, adding Millard was likely placed in isolation by prison officials for his own protection."

The inmate or lawyer can ask for PC.

Regarding comments the lawyer makes publicly, IMO based on info he has stated about treating a case like a 'War', I consider all his comments to be strategic.

As far as both suspects being in SC or isolation, it is in their best interest to be their. I don't think putting them in with the GP would be a wise idea due to the fact they could become victims of the other inmates. I believe this is just standard practice here in Canada, to keep the accused separated from the GP until they have their day in court.

Hmmm I noticed in this report DM is also facing charges of forcible confinement and theft of a vehicle along with first degree murder. Maybe it's not public knowledge yet but it appears MS has only been charged with first degree murder at this point. Of course charges can change. So it is just my speculation ONLY that maybe MS is the person who murdered TB. The Crown feels pretty certain MS is the murderer but because DM was present during the crime, he is also being charged with first degree murder. The Crown just wants to make certain DM doesn't somehow escape the murder charge and therefore they have also pinned the other two charges onto him. JMO

I won't be surprised as time goes on more charges are laid against both suspects. One the Crown could probably tack onto both would be indignity to a dead human body because the burnt TB's body. Sadly though this charge only carries a five year term. Even more sad is in Canada charges are concurrent instead of consecutive. It's time to change this IMHO.

What I am wondering and hopefully someone with legal background could enlighten me, if DM is found guilty of murdering his father or/and LB, would those be separate trials and would those sentences be served after his sentence for TB's murder? Something tells me the most he could get is 25 years total for all three if found guilty of all three. But IIRC if that turns out to be the case, he could be declared a dangerous offender and could remain in prison for the rest of his life. MOO.

I laugh when I read what DP says in this article. Haven't we heard this type of BS before?! Typical of a defense lawyer. Of course they are going to portray their client in a good light/not guilty ...duh hahahaha.

Millard and Smich both plan to plead not guilty to first-degree murder in the death of Tim Bosma.

Millard is also charged with forcible confinement and theft of a vehicle in relation to Bosma's death.

Millard's lawyer, Deepak Paradkar, urged those observing the case to allow it to play out in the courts.
"There shouldn't be a rush to judgement. Often cases appear to be much stronger than they are initially," he said outside court.
"I say step back, wait for everything to unfold at trial and just give a fair hearing to Mr. Millard."
Paradkar said Millard was being kept in isolation at the Hamilton Detention Centre, an arrangement which had been tough on his client.
"He is locked up for 23 and a half hours a day. So he's not out of his cell and that's pretty tough for anybody," he said.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/men-charge...-put-over-until-aug-1-1.1323646#ixzz2WE6AITvp

It looks like maybe the incinerator was used....Sharlene Bosma says all she was able to bury were the remains of her husband contained in a small box.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/na...er+senseless/8527798/story.html#ixzz2WE4AwhH3 (hope I posted this right, it's only my second post)

So heartbreaking and devastating. Poor SB and Tim's loved ones. The thoughts of what Tim must have went through must be excruciatingly painful to them. I didn't even know Tim but I feel so ill thinking about it. Sick B@$T@RDS!

RIP Tim. I believe justice will prevail in a court of law. Justice for the Bosma family.

I doubt DM will get bail. Remember, he may also be a suspect in WM death and the disappearance of LB. jmo

I highly doubt either one of these will get bail. I believe LE has gathered a lot of direct evidence to keep them locked away for at least 25 years. JMO. Bye bye to all your freedom and money DM. Oh the life you could have had instead of the sickening, criminal, loser life you chose to live. Hope your loved ones in Heaven are looking down on you in total disgust. Yes JMHO I believe both DM and MS are GUILTY.

Well now here's the thing. From my understanding, because of the severity of the charge against him, the onus is on DM to prove why he should be granted bail rather than in other lesser charge cases where the Crown has to prove why someone should not be granted bail.

So if he's got a good story, why is he sitting in jail for months waiting for all the disclosure before going before the judge to request bail? Why not throw his story out there now? It will match all the evidence right? :wink:

MOO

You just might be surprised , he has no record , innocent till proven guilty ( remember ) hes lead as far as the law knows a law abiding life....I think the onus will be on the crown , im sure no evedence will be told on aug 1 , there for will listen to both crown and defense , who ever tells the best story ....
im not saying guilt or innocense , but ive dealt with courts ,,,
How many times have you opened up the Toronto Sun and read murder suspect released on bail.. onlyto commit another murder or get killed gang bangin ..

Only problem is judge has read all the papers and heard all the interviews ,,, hell every 1 in this part of canada has heard ,, people on this forum are from all over,, im sure U S and Canada ,maybe beyound .. now can that judge really not be influenced .

dont forget ,, confinement can be as little as not letting your girlfriend/boyfriend not leave the room in a heated argument ...people charged with that everyday, at best unless repeat offender , its usually probation..

dont forget ,, confinement can be as little as not letting your girlfriend/boyfriend not leave the room in a heated argument ...people charged with that everyday, at best unless repeat offender , its usually probation..
<rsbm>

Um .. let's not forget that the forcible confinement charge against DM is in addition to a charge for first degree murder ... we aren't talking a little spat between a couple. While "innocent until proven guilty", the learned judge will note the severity of the charges.

ETA: "Upstanding" Colonel / Killer Russell Williams was charged with both forcible confinement and first degree murders = no bail for Russ

Let's hope during some of those visits from family and friends these suspects slip up or their friends gets some answers out of them. I would imagine these visits are monitored and recorded. I remember when MR in the Tori S case was arrested. The dork was so stupid he asked who he thought were other inmates for drugs/oxys. Turned out the other inmates were undercover police. Yes some criminals think they are so smart but in reality they are really so stupid...and desperate. :floorlaugh::rockon:

Im curious if anyone else has thought of a different angle regarding the truck, as its not making sense. Where TB bought the truck FROM..? If they may have been looking for THIS particular truck for some reason..? maybe one didnt have vin# removed or one or who knows.. or whoever he bought truck from has done something, or been found to be selling illegal vehicles..? something along that line making it urgent to get truck or trucks back for some odd reason.. doesnt matter dealerships either, as its well known dealerships in that city have been quite shady themselves, for insurance purposes.. even to the extent of staging thefts, usually burning them afterwards etc. So I wonder if its been considered there was a reason that way they absolutely needed that truck other then the engine..

It looks like maybe the incinerator was used....Sharlene Bosma says all she was able to bury were the remains of her husband contained in a small box.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/na...er+senseless/8527798/story.html#ixzz2WE4AwhH3 (hope I posted this right, it's only my second post)

I hesitated before reading that headline as I knew how bad it would be....IMO how can Sharlene not feel ANGRY ...I do not blame her.

How dreadful ...she gets handed a Darn box..I cannot think of anything more horrible.......

again IMO I would want answers ..how did my husband die ..where, when and more....this story is just horrible ...IMO I cannot get it thru my head as to " WHY" ..that car.." why did they have to kill such an innocent , kind man ...and why does a 2 years old never ever get to know her Dad ?????............I KNOW the fate I would want...and I will be KIND here in saying ...IMO again I do not think bail will be coming to these 2 ...and again I am being kind....frustrated beyond belief...robynhood!:banghead:

<rsbm>

Um .. let's not forget that the forcible confinement charge against DM is in addition to a charge for first degree murder ... we aren't talking a little spat between a couple. While "innocent until proven guilty", the learned judge will note the severity of the charges.

ETA: "Upstanding" Colonel / Killer Russell Williams was charged with both forcible confinement and first degree murders = no bail for Russ

He was charged with multiple murders/ break enters/confinements /and a crapload more charges ...and russ CONFESSED to police .
d m with single murder ..not sayin a word . smart lawyer .

judge not there to hear case / strickly bail hearing , crown has to say something to perseude judge to not grant bail... lawyer will say my clients never been in trouble, never a conviction , law abiding citizen who runs the family buisness . his father and laura will not be mentioned ..

I hesitated before reading that headline as I knew how bad it would be....IMO how can Sharlene not feel ANGRY ...I do not blame her.

How dreadful ...she gets handed a Darn box..I cannot think of anything more horrible.......

again IMO I would want answers ..how did my husband die ..where, when and more....this story is just horrible ...IMO I cannot get it thru my head as to " WHY" ..that car.." why did they have to kill such an innocent , kind man ...and why does a 2 years old never ever get to know her Dad ?????............I KNOW the fate I would want...and I will be KIND here in saying ...IMO again I do not think bail will be coming to these 2 ...and again I am being kind....frustrated beyond belief...robynhood!:banghead:

Hi robin ,,if your husband died in such a horrible , you being the wife , cops would tell , and you wouldnt take no for an answer , i know i wouldnt , Tims wife said she didnt know how or why Tim died , did u watch interview , did you watch , i believe she doesnt,

He was charged with multiple murders/ break enters/confinements /and a crapload more charges ...and russ CONFESSED to police .
d m with single murder ..not sayin a word . smart lawyer .

judge not there to hear case / strickly bail hearing , crown has to say something to perseude judge to not grant bail... lawyer will say my clients never been in trouble, never a conviction , law abiding citizen who runs the family buisness . his father and laura will not be mentioned ..

You are correct RW did confess.

In a Belleville, Ont., courtroom, Williams pleads guilty to all 88 charges against him. These include two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of sexual assault and two counts of forcible containment, as well as 82 counts of breaking and entering and attempted breaking and entering.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2010/02/08/f-williams-biography.html

You are correct RW did confess.
<rsbm>

Yep, I forgot some of those details, so poor example.

At a bail hearing, the judge is not concerned with how the defendant will plead, but with the seriousness of the offence the individual is charged with; however the lack of prior record will be considered, and the onus will be on the defence to convince the judge that bail should be granted:

http://arts.uwaterloo.ca/~pjc/pubs/Ritchie_thesis/thesis.pdf

The literature in Canada and the United States seems to agree that the seriousness of the
offence and the prior record of the accused are the most important factors in the Court&#8217;s Bail
decision (e.g., Goldkamp & Gottfredson cited in Williams, 2003: 302; Roberts & Doob, 1997:
507; Demuth & Steffensmeier, 2004: 233). The Commission on Systemic Racism also found that
accused in a reverse onus situation were more likely to be denied bail (Cole et al.1995: 36). As
mentioned, a reverse onus situation is when the onus is on the accused to justify their release to the
Court.

IMO, there would be difficulty in determing an appropriate amount of bail, considering that the assets of the family might cause concern that, no matter the amount, it would not pose a hardship to the surety if the accused fled the country.

JMO

I'm pretty sure a judge would not grant bail on a murder 1 charge, to a licensed pilot, with access to airplanes and having money. In my opinion. Flight risk is too great. However that being said,the part that worries me is who knows who, and who knows what judge and who owes someone a favour. That is what worries me.

unfortunately the ban here is so extensive that it's unlikely we'll hear anything until this whole thing comes to trial. MSM doesn't know how to or can't (due to ban) report a darn thing more than what is announced which basically amounts to chit all.

Bleh.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads