Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandpa CM was still alive when he was taking *advertiser censored* shots of his gf at the hangar? Whose hangar was it at the time?

I cannot hold back any longer!...When I read DM lawyer say on another thread ...Let DM have a fair TRIAL...and it went on to say something like many cases look like the accuse is very guilty..( parphrasing here) ...and something like " let this play out in COURT".....IMO it rang bells in my head >>>>IMMEDIATELY thought of Tori and michael rafferty....and ya there was a gag order there from 2009-20013 ....IMO you cannot get more GUILTY THAN THAT case...again IMO..DM was seen getting into TB truck and never getting out and home...IMO again ...MAY THEY ROT IN prison..It is Father's Day and I cannot help but think of SHarlene Bosma with her 2 year old daughter....IMO I hope DM is doing some thinking...BUT I doubt it ...!...i hand to post today ...robynhood...RIP TB...and if sharlene reads this ..I want her to know my heart is broken for her...<3 ..robynhood:facepalm:

<modsnip>

Tim was killed in a most horrible way, Mrs Bosma is being so strong for their babygirl , they have great support .

investigators cant let their personal feeling get the better of them ,step by step, clue by clue , chase leads... open minded. I cant imagine 1 of my girls being in mrs bosmas position..

Who knows where this case is headed , im sure we have a whack of surprizes in store for all of us when this mess goes to court . Heck if they have an open court i might take a few vac days and sit in , 5 mins away ...

Grandpa CM was still alive when he was taking *advertiser censored* shots of his gf at the hangar? Whose hangar was it at the time?

It was Grandpa's until he died. Dad didn't have much interest in the business either.

Although the Millard family is often described as an aviation dynasty, in reality, neither Wayne nor Dellen — both of whom were their parents’ only children — had been heavily involved in Millardair, which was founded by Wayne’s late father Carl in 1954 and remained Carl’s baby up until his death in 2006. The recent Waterloo venture was Wayne’s first major aviation initiative. He told both Mr. Sharif and a former Millardair pilot that it was designed to be “Dellen’s project” and provide his 27-year-old son with a secure future. It was an unusual, bold move for Wayne, who apparently spent much of his life uninterested in the family business, or business at all, for that matter, and reportedly struggled with alcoholism.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/31/millard-aviation-business-in-decline-long-before-tim-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

For anyone interested, Dee Em's FB page has one or two new (old) friends with fully accessible albums with photos of Dee Em and the hangar/chop shop, etc.

Been following from the beginning and noted there isn't much information on DM other than the World Record flight at age 14. I didn't see anywhere that he finished high school or graduated and I find that surprising considering he was in a private school during his formative years and was described as intelligent. Classmates described him as not appearing to be in the same social class (being driven to school in old truck) and having odd habits (eating dog biscuits). No one has really come out and said they knew him during the years between age 18-25. Most of the online content we've seen through Facebook seems to be from 2011 and 2012 but not much (other than the stint as a photographer) has presented itself so far to us, yet LE says Social Media played a big part. Where was he, what was he doing, who were his friends during this time frame? Why does it seem his life is almost a blank slate until a couple of years ago?

BBM - You raise good points. Since the beginning, I've been trying to construct a timeline of DM's life based on MSM and online sleuthing (most of which can't be linked here so everything will have to be taken as "JMO"). FWIW, this is all I have pre-2011:

2005 - raunchy photo shoot at hangar
2006 - ??
2007 - purchased six-unit rental property from his father for $1.1M
2008 - ??
2009 - party at hangar for birthdays of two friends; travels overseas (photographed with a female friend/gf and one of his French friends); travels to Miami with friend
2010 - drives to Massachusetts with friend to pick up Cobra shell (according to his mechanic, DM had a budget of $100K for this project)

BBM - You raise good points. Since the beginning, I've been trying to construct a timeline of DM's life based on MSM and online sleuthing (most of which can't be linked here so everything will have to be taken as "JMO"). FWIW, this is all I have pre-2011:

2005 - raunchy photo shoot at hangar
2006 - ??
2007 - purchased six-unit rental property from his father for $1.1M
2008 - ??
2009 - party at hangar for birthdays of two friends; travels overseas (photographed with a female friend/gf and one of his French friends); travels to Miami with friend
2010 - drives to Massachusetts with friend to pick up Cobra shell (according to his mechanic, DM had a budget of $100K for this project)
Jash, IMO, the 6 unit building was part of DM's inheritance from CM. CM & WM held it jointly prior to CM's death. Cash may never have changed hands, and it's hard to say what they were legally doing to reduce any capital gains after CM's death and future estate planning. We also don't know if they mortgaged that property to free up capital for the hangar. I haven't seen the 2009 pic's- I pick him up in 2010.

Jash, IMO, the 6 unit building was part of DM's inheritance from CM. CM & WM held it jointly prior to CM's death. Cash may never have changed hands, and it's hard to say what they were legally doing to reduce any capital gains after CM's death and future estate planning. We also don't know if they mortgaged that property to free up capital for the hangar. I haven't seen the 2009 pic's- I pick him up in 2010.

I'm very brain-dead tonite, so maybe i'm not understanding your post.

IMO, if CM and WM held the property as joint tenants, DM couldn't inherit CM's share (IOW, CM could not deal with the property independent of WM, therefore could not "will" a share because as joint tenants, each person has a 100% interest. Had they held title as tenants-in-common, a share could be willed or transferred to another party). Upon CM's death, WM would have automatically become sole owner, so no inheritance would be involved for DM there. When CM died, WM still owned 100% interest (which he always had), so there would be no capital gains after CM died, and the property would not have been included in the value of the estate because it automatically became WM's upon Carl's death.

I can see WM putting DM on title for the same reason ... to avoid the property being included in the value of the estate if/when WM died, but don't know how the $1+ million factors into that transaction (i.e. should be just a matter of amending the title). Weird, whatever took place.

MOO

Thanks MsSherlock. Your access to property records has been helpful! I wonder why The Star reported that he purchased it then (i.e. what did they come across that suggested that). Do you have any info on the Ajax home?

"He owned his childhood home, a six-unit property on Riverside Dr. he purchased from his father for $1.1 million in 2007 and a Vaughan condo he purchased for $392,000 in 2011. He also likely inherited an Ajax home purchased by his father in 2002 for $190,000."
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/18/tim_bosma_the_painful_search_for_a_missing_man.html

Forgive me while I rant.
Parenting, I want to talk about parenting. It makes me so angry when the parents of young criminals hide behind the justice system and never step up to the plate and force them to admit guilt and take responsibility for their actions. I keep wondering why MB and DM rarely spent time together over the past ten years. Is it because she knew the monster she created and simply walked away.? MS has a father, who left the family and I wonder how much raising he has done with his son. How much time did they spend together after he left? So now, they are spending tons of money for lawyers to try and find their most likely guilty children innocent of any wrongdoing. Again, they are letting their children down. Teaching them that they, by finding loopholes, can get away with cold bloody murder. I am sure that the parents knew something was wrong with their boys but chose to take the easy route and step away rather than forcing them to grow up and be adults because they left it in the hands of the other parent.
I think this happens a lot. Society needs to hold responsible the parents of young adults that walk away from their parenting responsibilities and leave you and I to have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Maybe there should be some law that says, you are responsible for the actions of your children should you decide to walk away and leave us to clean up your messes. ( only dreaming I know ). Maybe if the actions of children hit the wallet, then maybe more parents would parent as they should.
Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to vent. I am so sick of hearing, " I had no idea what he/she was up to..... he/she lives with his mother. I don't live with him. For heavens sake, MS dad said he was living with his girlfriend, I don't think he even knew where his son was living.

I keep wondering why MB and DM rarely spent time together over the past ten years. Is it because she knew the monster she created and simply walked away.?

Perhaps MB cut him off 10years ago because she didn't like where his life was going. He would have been 17, likely graduating from high school and after all of those years at expensive private school doesn't sound like he had future goals. I can't find the link but I did see reference to him attending a career college to be trained as a chef. As a mother she may not have any influenc over him at this time as she didn't seem to control the $$ flow and if it is true that WM was a drinker perhaps she felt helpless and tried the tough love approach (which clearly didn't work). Who knows, it is all speculation.

On another note, from the limited photos that I have seen, DM's weight has fluctuated and plummeted over times. This type of rapid weight loss usually comes from an eating disorder or use of a narcotic stimulant. I wonder if drug use started after high school? This is when there is a marked difference in his appearance?

For anyone interested, Dee Em's FB page has one or two new (old) friends with fully accessible albums with photos of Dee Em and the hangar/chop shop, etc.

Has this page been shut down now? Is it under an alias?

I've searched his name on FB but only see groups.

Forgive me while I rant.
Parenting, I want to talk about parenting. It makes me so angry when the parents of young criminals hide behind the justice system and never step up to the plate and force them to admit guilt and take responsibility for their actions. I keep wondering why MB and DM rarely spent time together over the past ten years. Is it because she knew the monster she created and simply walked away.? MS has a father, who left the family and I wonder how much raising he has done with his son. How much time did they spend together after he left?

Frankly Eldee, I respectively disagree with your old style of condeming the parents while their 'adult' offspring continue to be jerks. Firstly, these young criminals are still adults not 13 yrs old. They have developed a mind of their own and chose to be punks, people choose their lifestyle with a loving family or a distant family. Many families are stunned and yes, don't know everything their offspring are up to. Example: Did my parents know I drank beer at the beach and stayed up all night? No.... did my parents know ABC? Ah...no. Apparently MB has visited her son so obviously there is some compassion, instilled love going on there.
In regards to MS, his M & F are divorced yes, does this HAVE to reflect on MS's upbringing? Maybe yes, maybe no. Nothing concrete. Divorce is a fairly common existence these days and personally, I know very successful kids from 'those families'.

o now, they are spending tons of money for lawyers to try and find their most likely guilty children innocent of any wrongdoing. Again, they are letting their children down. Teaching them that they, by finding loopholes, can get away with cold bloody murder. I am sure that the parents knew something was wrong with their boys but chose to take the easy route and step away rather than forcing them to grow up and be adults because they left it in the hands of the other parent.

Forcing is one thing, if the offspring won't listen, it should not reflect on parenting. You can't take a horse to water... Not all kids listen, not all kids are 'bad' due to their parents, and I am tired of hearing about the fact it maybe the parents fault.

I think this happens a lot. Society needs to hold responsible the parents of young adults that walk away from their parenting responsibilities and leave you and I to have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Maybe there should be some law that says, you are responsible for the actions of your children should you decide to walk away and leave us to clean up your messes. ( only dreaming I know ).

Yes, I think your dreaming. Don't forget, these kidz are adults .... If my son/daughter did damage outside the home in whatever way we would certainly be concerned and talk to them, offer whatever we could do to help straighten out their lives... But... and unfortunately, there is always a 'but'.... if they don't listen to parental advise?? then... well, they maybe on their own to deal with their mess.

Maybe if the actions of children hit the wallet, then maybe more parents would parent as they should.
Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to vent. I am so sick of hearing, " I had no idea what he/she was up to..... he/she lives with his mother. I don't live with him. For heavens sake, MS dad said he was living with his girlfriend, I don't think he even knew where his son was living.

It happens, it's life. No, we all don't know what their up to ... but you can bet my bottom dollar you pray your 'child' is living a good life, a life of respect, love and sincerity we taught them. Oh, I didn't know my daughter went out drinking when she was 15!! Damn.

Sorry, but I just had to vent too. Do you have children?

Yes, I have children. And no, I have no idea what they have been up to, but I do know that I am proud of them, proud of whom they have become, and not seeing them for 10 years would kill me. If DM was mine, I would have marched up those courthouse stairs demanded to see my son, grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and made him confess. Once he confessed I would have marched him up to SB's house and forced him to apologize for what he had done, then marched him to jail to spend the next 25 years thinking about what he had done. That is how I parent.

IMO, DM was probably quite spoiled being an only child and the only grandchild for the Milliards. They had the money to do it too. Then adding in WM being an alcoholic, makes it very difficult for parenting. MB real must have had some struggles trying to parent DM.

Yes, I have children. And no, I have no idea what they have been up to, but I do know that I am proud of them, proud of whom they have become, and not seeing them for 10 years would kill me. If DM was mine, I would have marched up those courthouse stairs demanded to see my son, grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and made him confess. Once he confessed I would have marched him up to SB's house and forced him to apologize for what he had done, then marched him to jail to spend the next 25 years thinking about what he had done. That is how I parent.
bbm

when DM's lawyer made comment that DM's mother was ''supportive'' I was thinking supportive would/should include exactly what you said ((my sentiments too))
I'd be spending my time saying don't waste our time and don't look like a creep tell the truth--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chala