Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the facebook issues are really issues. Not everyone is on it (myself included) and even if someone has a profile doesn't mean they are odd for not broadcasting everything over the internet. Personally, I find it odd how comfortable many are with how much they put out there. But that's JMO.

I agree some people are not on it, but in his age group, I find that odd. JMO

I wonder if he has a photography website account e.g. flickr, etc. I've been looking.

I have boys 13 to 25, they all have FB accounts, and don't seem to use them that much, just occasionally, IMO it's the girls that seem to be into posting their life on FB.

Does anyone have details/confirmation as to whether MS is being held in isolation(PC)? I remember reading that DM is, but not any details about MS...

I have boys 13 to 25, they all have FB accounts, and don't seem to use them that much, just occasionally, IMO it's the girls that seem to be into posting their life on FB.

I have 2 teenage boys 13 and 17, the younger just started a fb account about 6 months ago, so uses it occasionally, but the older one rarely uses it now. A few posts here and there but that's about it, he's on to twitter mainly now, however I do have a lot of both my kids friends on my fb, and while I don't use it a whole lot, I do agree the girls are mainly the ones putting their life out there for all to see.

I do agree also, to some degree, that fb is on the way out, but that's another story and totally not related to this

Why did Dellen ditch the truck seats but still keep the truck? He keeps the stolen truck that was on the news for days and ditches the seats. He didn't seem to want to dump the truck after the murder at all. This tells me the murder didn't necessarily stress him out that much. I would even consider that the murder wasn't something that "spiraled out of control" from a carjacking. I believe if there was a semblance of "remorse" for what happened, he would have ditched the entire truck somehow to hide what he did and not have parked it in a trailer at his mother's place (bizarro IMO). JMO

I don't think the facebook issues are really issues. Not everyone is on it (myself included) and even if someone has a profile doesn't mean they are odd for not broadcasting everything over the internet. Personally, I find it odd how comfortable many are with how much they put out there. But that's JMO.

A million times this. No Facebook here, only an anonymous twitter to follow stuff like my local restaurant's specials.

Why did Dellen ditch the truck seats but still keep the truck? He keeps the stolen truck that was on the news for days and ditches the seats. He didn't seem to want to dump the truck after the murder at all. This tells me the murder didn't necessarily stress him out that much. I would even consider that the murder wasn't something that "spiraled out of control" from a carjacking. I believe if there was a semblance of "remorse" for what happened, he would have ditched the entire truck somehow to hide what he did and not have parked it in a trailer at his mother's place (bizarro IMO). JMO

I guess the only counterpoint I can make is that a big truck trailer moving around town (or across the border, or whatever) is way more conspicuous than one sitting quietly on a residential street--not that *that* worked out indefinitely, but it did for a few days. And he couldn't drive the truck around sans trailer either, with everyone looking for it.

Matou..totally agree. If really hit by panic, they could have torched it or anything. They were only 10 minutes away from the reserve where stolen vehicles are found burned on a frequent basis.

A million times this. No Facebook here, only an anonymous twitter to follow stuff like my local restaurant's specials.

Here's the deal. It's off topic but I think you all need to know this.
According to my teenage nieces, FB is no longer cool because they were being friended by parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents. Sweet, yes, but not cool. They keep the accounts to communicate with friends in emergency (i.e. in case their cell phones are lost or fall down the toilet) and probably also so we can think they're not up to much. They use something called 4squared now, or something like that for networking but they seem to make an effort to not want old people to catch onto this and ruin it for them. I'm all for ruining that too!

Here's more information on the subject:

Segregated inmates are most likely to be single, male offenders in their late 20’s to early 30’s, slightly younger than the non-segregated population (Wichman & Nafekh, 2001). Offenders placed in segregation tend to have more extensive criminal histories, more violent offence convictions, lower reintegration potential ratings, and higher security classifications at intake, than inmates who are not subsequently placed in segregation. The former group is also more likely to be assessed as higher risk and need. Throughout their sentence they show the greatest adjustment difficulties while incarcerated.

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/rsrch/briefs/b39/b39-eng.shtml
This refers to *punitive* segregation where inmates are sent for institutional misbehaviour. DM's lawyer seems to be saying that his client is in protective custody. Protective custody is for snitches and sex offenders. Did DM snitch MS? He would have no other reason to be in protective custody. Most people in jail are weasels, and love sucking up t rich people. Thinking all the way back to Peter Demeter, he was practically broke by the time he was sentenced, but all his fellow prisoners loved him, or pretended to, based on the false hope that he would use his perceived wealth to help them in some way.

Here's the deal. It's off topic but I think you all need to know this.
According to my teenage nieces, FB is no longer cool because they were being friended by parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents. Sweet, yes, but not cool. They keep the accounts to communicate with friends in emergency (i.e. in case their cell phones are lost or fall down the toilet) and probably also so we can think they're not up to much. They use something called 4squared now, or something like that for networking but they seem to make an effort to not want old people to catch onto this and ruin it for them. I'm all for ruining that too!

That is so funny! lol I'm going to sign up for 4squared or what ever just to have some fun with my kids. lol

I agree. I've been going over so many different scenarios regarding the taking of the truck. Why would both DM and MS walk up to TB's house? MS could have stayed in the Yukon and followed. That has got me thinking that this was also a planned kill, maybe a thrill kill. Both had to get into the truck with TB so TB could be subdued. There is no way a lone driver could subdue TB. Both DM and MS wanted to be in that truck with TB.

The intent to kill TB seems very plausible to me. But if this was a thrill kill, why put yourself in plain view of potential witnesses like SB? Why choose this MO? Clearly, there are more stealthy ways to experience the "thrill" of killing someone, so why do it like this? Something that's bugged me early on is when LE said TB was targeted. I can't shake the feeling DM knew TB in some way. But that's JMO

The intent to kill TB seems very plausible to me. But if this was a thrill kill, why put yourself in plain view of potential witnesses like SB? Why choose this MO? Clearly, there are more stealthy ways to experience the "thrill" of killing someone, so why do it like this? Something that's bugged me early on is when LE said TB was targeted. I can't shake the feeling DM knew TB in some way. But that's JMO

Adding to that, there is the other test drive from Etobicoke. If the intent was the kill, it seems very odd that they would arrange a test drive with him during the day.
If TB was targeted for the truck, they must have known what colour of truck they were looking for, and I can only assume both truck owners had photos in their online ads, so DM would have known the first one was red and TB's was black. JMO

They said his truck was targeted, not TB himself. (They may have worded it along the lines of "he was targeted for his truck".) This has caused a lot of confusion.

They said his truck was targeted, not TB himself. (They may have worded it along the lines of "he was targeted for his truck".) This has caused a lot of confusion.

IIRC, in one of the earliest of pressers, LE said "we believe TB was targeted". Later, LE expands that to say TB was targeted for the truck. If I'm wrong about that then I apologize. :blushing:

It's probably one of those 'agree to disagree' things--I believe they meant he was targeted for his truck, hence the later clarification. I don't believe there was any tie between the two; I think if there was any substantial link, WS-ers would have uncovered it. But I recognize that LE's poor wording at first is something people might jump off to other theories from.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._attempted_third_test_drive_of_dodge_ram.html In this article, there is mention of a 4th possible test driver(which police deny). Does anyone else remember reading or hearing about this? If yes, do you have a link? I can't find one, but it seems to me that I heard on the radio, that the 2 people didn't bother going on the test drive because the seller wouldn't accompany them. If this is true, then it means they wanted Tim (or another victim) as much as they wanted the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper