Suspect #3: True or False

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A third suspect in the Tim Bosma murder case might not be on the loose after all, the lead investigator into the mysterious killing said."

“It’s possible that there’s only two involved and it’s also possible that there may have been a third. And so we’re looking into that and we still have some doors to shut, some avenues of investigation.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/police-question-existence-of-third-suspect-in-bosma-killing/article12370401/

You gotta love LE, HPS know that MS killed TB in the 1st degree, but they can't figure out if he drove the Yukon or was in the Ram the whole time. I am not impressed with HPS on this one

I'm quite baffled by the latest. How do we know that an unknown person poses no risk? Of course, if the person (or persons) is non-existent, they're likely to be harmless. What is it that Donald Rumsfeld famously said? Perhaps it's applicable to this case?

There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.
There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know.
But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don’t know.

Maybe they were just a driver?

MS seems to be the dangerous one: when DM was arrested, it was without incident. When MS was arrested, they sent heavily armed tactical officers, and he showed up in court with a shiner he did not have at his sister's wedding days before...implying he probably put up a fight.
Or perhaps they knew all about DM before they took him down-I'm sure they would have done a bit of research on him and had a good idea of who they were dealing with. IMO, they figured that getting him on Cawthra was the best spot-they could just pull him over, take a look at his tattoo's, positively ID him and then make the arrest. I never read anything that said how many LE cars were there when DM was arrested. Chances are DM never saw it coming. However, MS on the other hand was probably pretty antsy by the time LE caught up with him. DM was already under arrest-LE may have figured that #2, regardless which one would be a bit harder to snag and posed a bit more of a threat. MOO

ok at the end of this presser detective says the only outstanding charges we have in this case are against Mr Millard and Mr Smich..what does that mean..third suspect is not getting charged with murder? something is up here..someone has made a deal I think
In exchange for testimony-true possibility, especially if they're extremely credible IMHO

It appears that LE started out with a good, overarching idea of vehicles and people involved, and correctly so.

Then as evidence led them, they came to a point where the current evidence in hand is not crystal clear, concerning the hypothesis of the chase vehicle involvement.

They are likely deducing the same as us....no concrete evidence of a third? Well then how did and where did DM/MS split and switch to the Yukon? Is the Yukon seen on the video the one they thought(DM's) or another Yukon, meaning there IS a #3, just unknown and in an unknown Yukon/SUV?

DM/MS could have parked the Yukon on the powerline a mile away and walked to TB, returned there, followed one another down Wilson st.

It appears that LE started out with a good, overarching idea of vehicles and people involved, and correctly so.

Then as evidence led them, they came to a point where the current evidence in hand is not crystal clear, concerning the hypothesis of the chase vehicle involvement.

They are likely deducing the same as us....no concrete evidence of a third? Well then how did and where did DM/MS split and switch to the Yukon? Is the Yukon seen on the video the one they thought(DM's) or another Yukon, meaning there IS a #3, just unknown and in an unknown Yukon/SUV?

DM/MS could have parked the Yukon on the powerline a mile away and walked to TB, returned there, followed one another down Wilson st.
If this is the scenario this would mean that TB was quickly incapacitated or murdered just shortly after leaving from his house? As I think TB would be wondering how come these guys walked up to my house and not driven up? Didn't TB's wife say 2 came to the house? I think there must be someone else to drive the other vehicle or someone's version of events that night don't add up (a living witness) Lot's of questions I have but since a certain person isn't a POI I can't ask :( JMO something hasn't added up about this disappearance and case from the beginning IMO

What if Suspect 3 worked at the chop shop, lived in the area and DM & MS asked him to do them a favour in exchange for using DM's yukon for the night- A trip from TB's place to Brantford would be a good test drive. Once they left TB's place and got on the highway, a call could have been made to # 3 to tell him that they were actually going to buy the truck and wouldn't need a ride back. Suspect 3 drives the Yukon back to work the next morning without a clue as to what has happened. The only way that could be possible is if Suspect 3 could be incriminated by DM or MS for other crimes..aka..chop shop or something, thus his silence is guaranteed. There was an eye witness in Brantford who saw TB's truck that night...curious if he saw the Yukon behind it? Perhaps phone records have laid this type of scenario out for LE - calls or texts made between DM/MS and suspect 3. If Suspect 3 doesn't have a criminal record, police wouldn't be able to trace the prints from the Yukon, maybe a pay as you go phone, thats why they want him to turn himself in? Also, I'm looking for the information about DM's burner phone-did he still have it when police arrested him? MOO

You gotta love LE, HPS know that MS killed TB in the 1st degree, but they can't figure out if he drove the Yukon or was in the Ram the whole time. I am not impressed with HPS on this one
It's suspected that MS is guilty in TB's murder. The murder charges would be based on known facts. Whether or not he was driving the Yukon is an unknown, and might not exonerate him from guilt, anyway.

If this is the scenario this would mean that TB was quickly incapacitated or murdered just shortly after leaving from his house? As I think TB would be wondering how come these guys walked up to my house and not driven up? Didn't TB's wife say 2 came to the house? I think there must be someone else to drive the other vehicle or someone's version of events that night don't add up (a living witness) Lot's of questions I have but since a certain person isn't a POI I can't ask :( JMO something hasn't added up about this disappearance and case from the beginning IMO
maybe Smich or DM have now made statements that lead them to this new information about there not being another person?

The police have said they believe TB was killed soon after he left the house. And yes, SB saw two men. So did the man in Etobicoke, and they walked up to his business, as well. I don't understand why you think there must be a third person. The Yukon could have been parked within walking distance of TB's house, and the second killer driven back to the Yukon after the murder.

Or they could have done the test drive and murdered TB on their way back toward TB's home AND the Yukon at the powerline.

There has been some debate concerning the interpretation of TB's cell phone termination location near his home vs the actual time of the termination.

In other words, cell termination in close proximity to TB's home doesn't necessarily correlate to quickly terminating the cell phone after they left TB's driveway although it could.

I have been of the opinion the murder took place near the fairground/powerline, the parking lots near 52/Wilson or the Golf course rd. near Wilson. If they are the only two involved and used the Yukon, it;s likely they would be parked close to the target.

If the truck was the motive and the engine was needed for some new vehicle mashup, and there was a great effort taken to get this truck, then others had to know about this plan. Does Smich work on cars and engines too? DM seems like he knows some mechanical stuff. However, DM was the "boss" of others who did that mechanical type of work for him. I won't be surprised to find out if his "hired help" was expecting DM to arrive back at the hangar with his new truck/engine. JMO

If the truck was the motive and the engine was needed for some new vehicle mashup, and there was a great effort taken to get this truck, then others had to know about this plan. Does Smich work on cars and engines too? DM seems like he knows some mechanical stuff. However, DM was the "boss" of others who did that mechanical type of work for him. I won't be surprised to find out if his "hired help" was expecting DM to arrive back at the hangar with his new truck/engine. JMO

I agree, but don't necessarily think that the workers/mechanics were aware of the alternative business. They may have been duped into thinking they were just building souped up vehicles, otherwise I think we may have seen more arrests by now besides Smich.

how do they know that they did not pull over to where the yukon was parked, TB fought with them, was killed and maybe DM got into the yukon..they dont seem to know who was driving what right now so any scenario is possible. They saw the Yukon following at some point..Im sorry but I really think there is more than just these two involved to carry out such a horrific death.

I absolutely see that possibility, and note they also could have pulled over to where anybody (i.e. the murderer) was parked and waiting in any vehicle - not necessarily the Yukon. <MODSNIP> - although even the time of death remains relatively speculative, imo.

I agree, but don't necessarily think that the workers/mechanics were aware of the alternative business. They may have been duped into thinking they were just building souped up vehicles, otherwise I think we may have seen more arrests by now besides Smich.

Respectfully, I would find it very hard to believe that any mechanic doing work at DM's hangar for any length of time did not know that they were sometimes dealing with stolen parts or vehicles. While not every automotive part contains a VIN, many major parts including engines do, or have serial numbers that are tied to the VIN, and it was reported that the stolen Harley had all of the VINs obliterated except for the one extra that the owner had put under the seat. Any certified mechanic would immediately know there is only one reason to obliterate VINs. I would not be surprised to see more arrests somewhere along the course of this investigation that will address the stolen parts and chop shop aspects of this case, although that is probably not LE's highest priority at the moment. JMO

Yes but sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Not sure how I feel about LE saying they're not sure about the third suspect now. I guess this means DM and MS are staying tight lipped.

Not sure how I feel about LE saying they're not sure about the third suspect now. I guess this means DM and MS are staying tight lipped.

It probably just means that the media are hounding them and the LE are refusing to give any information. I wouldn't read anything into the comments. The story writers have to produce something from nothing.

Living in a rural area myself, if I were selling a vehicle and aranged a test drive with someone, and they arrived at my house on foot, I would most certainly ask how they got there, and would be very suspicious if they said either they walked, or got dropped off(from Toronto) My thought is that there IS a third suspect, who at the very least drove into the driveway to drop off DM and MS for the test drive. What was said to TB from when he walked out his door about whether their friend would follow to whatever location, and TB could return on his own from there, who knows......

I would also assume from statements that SB saw the suspects, that she was at the door, or near enough to see them, that she would notice them get into TB truck. They have a long driveway, and it is most logical that they would park their vehicles close to the house. It would make sense also that she saw them all get into the truck and drive away. Again, living in a rural area myself with a long driveway from the road, I notice what goes on, on my road, in my driveway etc.
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...SI4TCywGYjYHgDg&sqi=2&ved=0CEwQ9QEwCg&dur=109

-- what I find is after following some USA trials where everything is public knowledge ... Not hearsay but fact, we in Canada tend to assume more due to lack of inside info. It will all come out in trial. Oh I wish it were televised! We have no way of finding out what DM has disclosed and it sucks. The 3 rd suspect ordeal is somewhat understandable and equally crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214