Suspect - Daniel Heinrich #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adam
Sounds like DH was prepared for an abduction of Adam. Perhaps DH saw the boys coming down the road and actually thought Adam was in the group. When he stopped Jacob and company, there was no turning back. He took a boy who was available.

Re: Adam
Sounds like DH was prepared for an abduction of Adam. Perhaps DH saw the boys coming down the road and actually thought Adam was in the group. When he stopped Jacob and company, there was no turning back. He took a boy who was available.
Wouldn't DH be able to tell the difference between an 11 year old and a 14 year old? I would think that there would be a height difference. Maybe he was looking for Adam and his group, but instead came across Jacob and figured why not?
Or like you mentioned, it was too dark and he approached them expecting to see Adam. At that point, he took the kid he found to be most appealing?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Heinrich probably parked in DR's driveway to watch Adam's house that night and he saw the 3 boys riding their bikes to the Tom Thumb coming from the other direction.
View attachment 84958

Where was this map from Lotus? Do you know for a fact that was Adam's house? Because when Adam told Joy his story he said "The car followed them into the driveway, then backed straight across the road into the neighbor’s driveway". And there was no driveway across from that house in 1989. DR's brother lives in that house across 91st now, but that was not built until after 1989. It was just grassy field and trees back then.

I don't have access to google earth right now, but I think Adam's house was on the same side of the road as the Rassier farm. According to Joy's blog Adam's house backed up to the del-win, which wss northwest of where the perp was standing.

From the blog:
His dad, however, swears up and down that about the time Jacob was kidnapped, the family dog was barking in the woods behind their house, which butted up to the Del-Win Ballroom. There were a lot of trails back there, but no way to get a car out… neither there, nor behind Rassiers’ place.

I took a screen capture from what Kare11 showed in their broadcast and looked at it more closely. They show Adam's house up past DR's house, on the opposite side. Which... doesn't make sense to me. Unless he saw the 3 boys on the way to Tom Thumb, then repositioned himself before they turned back.

It sounds like Adam and his 12 year old friend (a possible target?) ran to the friend's house. So maybe that house is on 91st and Adam's house was closer to the Del-Win. I still don't know what to make of the fact that the car backed up into the driveway across the street. Directly across? If so, either that is the house and the driver backed into the area where there is *now* a driveway, or the video had the wrong house. It is so easy for the tiniest detail to be misunderstood and then reported as fact.

Is it possible that Heinrich was stalking Adam and did in fact turn around on DR's property earlier in the day...as DR had relayed the story. If Heinrich was stalking Adam, it certainly could explain his familiarity with the abduction sight.

I just re-watched the Kare11 video regarding Adam, the man who thought perhaps the same perp was stalking him when he was 14. They do indeed show Adam's house as being where Lotus had noted on his map. In trying to piece together information from this video/story and from Joy's blog about the same story I am getting confused. How could Adam's backyard butt up to the Del-Win??

...on the night of Jacob’s kidnapping, this young man’s family didn’t know anything had happened… they never heard a thing. No sirens, no helicopters… nothing. He remembers waking up the next morning to the sound of police dogs barking outside his bedroom window. His dad, however, swears up and down that about the time Jacob was kidnapped, the family dog was barking in the woods behind their house, which butted up to the Del-Win Ballroom. There were a lot of trails back there, but no way to get a car out… neither there, nor behind Rassiers’ place.

The home shown on the Kare11 video is on the west side of 91st, and the Del-Win was to the east (same side as the Rassier farm). Del-Win was about half a mile away from the abduction site and Adam's house is only a quarter of a mile.

Another thing, Adam was with a 12 year old friend. When the man in the car began following them they were still on Baker Street:
They were on Baker Street and were taking a left onto 91st Avenue, when a car came from behind them and suddenly started coming faster and faster. As they got closer to the 12 year old’s house, they cut through the ditch, across his front yard, and into the open garage as fast as they could. The car followed them into the driveway, then backed straight across the road into the neighbor’s driveway, and flashed its bright lights on the two boys. The car stayed like that for about two minutes before the boys finally ran into the house.

They ran across the yard of the 12 year old friend and into HIS garage, NOT Adam's. Apparently this 12 year old lived closer to Tom Thumb than Adam did, and there were/are a group of houses along both sides of the street right after you turn from Baker Street onto 91st. So, the driver pulled into the driveway then backed directly out into the driveway across the street. He stayed there for two minutes... possibly getting a good look at where this child lived? I think it is more likely, from the very little I know, that if either of these two was an intended victim it was the 12 year old. It is possible that Jacob, Aaron, or Trevor were mistaken for this 12 year old (more likely than being mistaken for a 14 year old IF these are all average-size kids, imo).

Could it be the 12 year old's backyard that butted up to the Del-Win? There were no other houses between there and the Del-Win to the east. Behind that row of houses there were woods and then a large field and then the Del-Win. So the dog most likely was not barking at anything going on at the Del-Win; that would be pretty far away.

I am left wondering why the abductor/DJH parked in the Rassier driveway. Neither Adam nor the 12 year old would have passed there on a normal night ride to Tom Thumb.

I'd like to know how long after this experience of Adam's was Jacob's abduction?

DJH was seen at the Tom Thumb earlier in the day by a couple who were going to the Del-Win. He was in the neighborhood already. What did he do for 4 or so hours? Did he have something else going on around there? He said himself he was probably "doing laundry" or "driving around". Sometimes there is a bit of truth in the biggest lies. My head is spinning with possibilities.

Could one of the boys have been color blind, accounting for the disagreement about the color of the car?

Depending on the time of day, it could have just been difficult to determine. I have confused blue for red in a darkish room. If the man was flashing his brights, I'm guessing it was dark out?

I just re-watched the Kare11 video regarding Adam, the man who thought perhaps the same perp was stalking him when he was 14. They do indeed show Adam's house as being where Lotus had noted on his map. In trying to piece together information from this video/story and from Joy's blog about the same story I am getting confused. How could Adam's backyard butt up to the Del-Win??

The home shown on the Kare11 video is on the west side of 91st, and the Del-Win was to the east (same side as the Rassier farm). Del-Win was about half a mile away from the abduction site and Adam's house is only a quarter of a mile.

Another thing, Adam was with a 12 year old friend. When the man in the car began following them they were still on Baker Street:

They ran across the yard of the 12 year old friend and into HIS garage, NOT Adam's. Apparently this 12 year old lived closer to Tom Thumb than Adam did, and there were/are a group of houses along both sides of the street right after you turn from Baker Street onto 91st. So, the driver pulled into the driveway then backed directly out into the driveway across the street. He stayed there for two minutes... possibly getting a good look at where this child lived? I think it is more likely, from the very little I know, that if either of these two was an intended victim it was the 12 year old. It is possible that Jacob, Aaron, or Trevor were mistaken for this 12 year old (more likely than being mistaken for a 14 year old IF these are all average-size kids, imo).

Could it be the 12 year old's backyard that butted up to the Del-Win? There were no other houses between there and the Del-Win to the east. Behind that row of houses there were woods and then a large field and then the Del-Win. So the dog most likely was not barking at anything going on at the Del-Win; that would be pretty far away.

I am left wondering why the abductor/DJH parked in the Rassier driveway. Neither Adam nor the 12 year old would have passed there on a normal night ride to Tom Thumb.

I'd like to know how long after this experience of Adam's was Jacob's abduction?

DJH was seen at the Tom Thumb earlier in the day by a couple who were going to the Del-Win. He was in the neighborhood already. What did he do for 4 or so hours? Did he have something else going on around there? He said himself he was probably "doing laundry" or "driving around". Sometimes there is a bit of truth in the biggest lies. My head is spinning with possibilities.

I agree, it was the 12 year old's house they ran to. It could be that where KARE11 has the arrow for Adam's house in that video, the location for his house is actually across the street from that house. Adam may have lived down closer to Tom Thumb on 91st, because his dad said, "in the woods behind their house, which butted up to the Del-Win Ballroom." If Adam lived 1/4 mile from the abduction site, his house would have to be further north. (Unless he lived in the other direction near Kale Court and Kiwi Court.)

I vaguely recall a parent from Kiwi Court, who was a neighbor of Wetterlings, saying their son went to Tom Thumb all the time. I'll see if I can find that quote.

Depending on the time of day, it could have just been difficult to determine. I have confused blue for red in a darkish room. If the man was flashing his brights, I'm guessing it was dark out?

Also, if I remember correctly the kids said the car was similar to a Pontiac 6000, which would have been a 4-door car. Perhaps that, more so than color, is what could have led to LE discounting their accounts?

If we continue with the theory that DJH was there that night to kidnap Adam or his friend, where is the most logical place to park his car? Is there another spot he could have parked it and kept it hidden? From that vantage point, would he had been able to see or hear Jacob and his friends? Parking at DR's driveway doesn't make sense, unless he changed his plans when he saw a different opportunity. Have we have ever known DJH to change his plans in the spur of the moment?

Also, I know I asked this before, but why didn't LE release any of this info back in 1989 / 1990? There is absolutely no new information (that LE didn't already know) in 26 years, except conclusively tying DJH to Jared. Why didn't they ask for the public's help by naming DJH a POI then? Was that typical behavior of LE then?

In Eloc's book he talks about how they tried to get him to confess with the special room set up and the flag. At the time some of us thought this was a reference to Hollinger and were trying to figure out the reasoning. Now we know it was because he was in the Guard.

le continued to look at lots of people including a guy in prison who had his car taken apart.

I think we are all totally mystified why DJH was not brought forward in clues to the public such as asking for any imfo re cars or incidences. They did not have to name him. I am so stunned by this situation by a guy who seems to be so obviously involved.

They did observe him for months, but why not ask the public for info like they did on several other people?

In Eloc's book he talks about how they tried to get him to confess with the special room set up and the flag. At the time some of us thought this was a reference to Hollinger and were trying to figure out the reasoning. Now we know it was because he was in the Guard.

le continued to look at lots of people including a guy in prison who had his car taken apart.

I think we are all totally mystified why DJH was not brought forward in clues to the public such as asking for any imfo re cars or incidences. They did not have to name him. I am so stunned by this situation by a guy who seems to be so obviously involved.

They did observe him for months, but why not ask the public for info like they did on several other people?

Human I believe it was negligence

Human I believe it was negligence

You keep saying that . Could you expound on that further please? I probably can't get past my stunned factor to get what you are saying.

Setting up the interrogation room, following him, telling the TV station about him. What else?

That does not sound negligent. It sounds rather intense. They kept the tires and the shoes. Strange strange strange

Over time leads were forgotten and I believe local le got shoddy and focused on dr to look good to public eye

Over time leads were forgotten and I believe local le got shoddy and focused on dr to look good to public eye

I too think as investigators changed the first leads, which are almost always the best got lost. What I cant understand is why investigators didn't say to themselves, Why do we have tires and tennis shoes in the evidence room??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member