Suspect - Daniel Heinrich #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There can be miracles. I think it is a miracle that maybe Heinrich stopped his attacks and no longer hurt children physically for 26 years.

Dumps now have maps of where refuse is deposited but don't know if they did back then. And if records were kept.

Maybe the actual physical site of the house can be looked at for any possiblity of finding something.

I see it differently .... the heat was on Heinrich , they had him under 24 hour surveillance , he was paranoid and afraid , that is why he stopped the attacks .

You can see and read some of the transcripts in this video from when he was secretly recorded.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/...terling-abduction-person-of-interest-in-1996/

I wish they would publish the whole interview.

Very interesting info! Look how much older he looked than he actually was in his 9th grade picture.

His younger pics look like that other drawing of the guy with glasses and bangs who was involved in the attempted abduction (of Andrew) in St. Joe.

Here's a comparison of the younger DJH (on the left) with the drawing of the younger man who had attempted an abduction of a boy named Andrew (on the right) earlier in Summer of 1989 in St. Joe.

http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/DJHcomparison.jpg

DJHcomparison.jpg

(Story of Andrew's abduction attempt): http://www.thenewsleaders.net/2015/01/22/a-historical-perspective-from-25-years-ago-jan-19-1990/

I wonder if it is possible that Heinrich set that fire on DR’s farm - where those two center buildings burned?? They were never sure how it started. Maybe he had Jacob in or near there and came back later and burned it to hide evidence? DR’s fire wasn’t until 2009, but I think that was when they started looking at DR more closely. Or he could have started the fire to make DR look more guilty? Seems like he was a real firebug.

Here's a comparison of the younger DJH (on the left) with the drawing of the younger man who had attempted an abduction of a boy named Andrew (on the right) earlier in Summer of 1989 in St. Joe.

DJHcomparison.jpg

(Story of Andrew's abduction attempt): http://www.thenewsleaders.net/2015/01/22/a-historical-perspective-from-25-years-ago-jan-19-1990/

Shergal, thanks for this post, I also noticed that this other pic of Heinrich, I think it's just a bit earlier than the pic in your post, seems to match up even closer to the sketch, at least it seems that way to me; if nothing else, because of his hair in this particular pic, and also the way the eyebrows raise over the glasses.... see what you think....

x duane-hart-and-young-danny-heinrich.jpg x Andrew abductor sketch.jpg

DJHcomparison.jpg

Within a week of Jacob's kidnapping authorities released the sketch of a man and information about a previous kidnapping attempt that had occurred in the Township of St. Joseph in July 1989. In that case, nine-year-old “Andrew” had narrowly escaped his abductor's attempt. A man in a van had pulled up alongside Andrew and asked him his age. When the man tried to get him inside the van Andrew was able to run away.

In that attempted kidnapping case, the would-be abductor was described as a white male in his late twenties, with dark brown hair, dark eyes, a slender build and a fair complexion. He was driving an older, light tan van with white trim and rust along the bottom edges.

Andrew's mother said that at the time no one would believe them when the family tried to tell people about the attempt to kidnap her son. The Stearns County Sheriff's Department hadn't even informed the St. Joseph Police Department about that failed attempt until after Jacob was abducted three months later.

Investigators were particularly interested in exploring connections between the failed abduction attempt of Andrew and Jacob’s abduction because they felt the use of the gun in Jacob’s abduction might have resulted from a prior failed attempt.

“Because the man used a gun, which is a very high-risk thing to do,” FBI agent Jeff Jamar explained, “we’ve concluded that he may have tried and failed before.”

Following Jacob's abduction, the FBI questioned Andrew's neighbors, and found several witnesses who had seen the suspicious van in the neighborhood prior to the attempted abduction. The sketch of the man, as well as information about him, promptly generated more than 1,500 phone calls to search headquarters.

Despite a considerable number of leads and witness statements, the man's identity was never determined.
In an unusual coincidence, the day of Jacob's abduction, October 22nd, happened to be Andrew's tenth birthday.

Additional details about Andrew's attempted abduction and the man driving the light tan colored van came to light a few weeks after Jacob’s abduction, as investigators went public with the sketches of the van and driver. Three different families in the St. Joseph Township area came forward with information about incidents they had wit¬nessed. Two of the families lived near Andrew's home.

One eleven-year-old boy said that a man in a similar looking van took his picture and then drove off. That incident hap-pened about two weeks after the attempted abduction of Andrew. The boy said he had been fishing on a lake dock when he saw a van stop in front of the dock. The man leaned out the window and took the boy's picture.

“I turned around and looked at him and he backed up, turned and got the heck out of there,” the boy said.
He said the man had black hair and was holding glasses in his hand while he took the picture.

The boy said he was too scared to tell anyone about the incident because he was afraid something might happen to him if word got out. The FBI obtained this information while routinely questioning boys in the school district.

Another young boy from Andrew's neighborhood told his parents that he saw a van matching the description of the one involved in Andrew's attempted abduction. He said he saw the van in his neighborhood on the same day of the abduction attempt, although he did not note anything particularly unusual about the sighting.

The mother of yet another rural St. Joseph family said she saw a similar van almost every day for three months, from June through August of 1989. She saw the van in an area about seven miles away from Andrew's neighborhood. Her family was building a new home and the woman said the van was parked across the street from their new home when she arrived there at about 6:00 P.M. daily, and would remain there until about 9:00 P.M. She said she never saw the van's driver during all that time. She thought it was unusual at the time, but had not felt compelled to call the police until after authorities released a sketch of the van in November.

“He wasn't on our land, and he didn't do anything,” she said. “But I would always say 'oh, there's that van again. I would watch him and he would just sit there. He wouldn't move. I used to think he was hunting, because that's how long he sat.”

It occurred to her after hearing news of Andrew’s attempted abduction that the man may have been watching the group of kids that were always playing outside with her own four children. After their house was completed and the children were no longer playing outside, the van wasn't seen there again.

The only thing that doesn't match up with the summer reports is the glasses. DJH wasn't wearing glasses in his 1990 mug shot nor when he assulted Jared.

Sasquatch's comment - very risky to wager that building wd be fully engulfed before firefighters arrived - excellent point.

Snipped and italicized by me....

Within a week of Jacob's kidnapping authorities released the sketch of a man and information about a previous kidnapping attempt that had occurred in the Township of St. Joseph in July 1989. In that case, nine-year-old “Andrew” had narrowly escaped his abductor's attempt. A man in a van had pulled up alongside Andrew and asked him his age. When the man tried to get him inside the van Andrew was able to run away.

In that attempted kidnapping case, the would-be abductor was described as a white male in his late twenties, with dark brown hair, dark eyes, a slender build and a fair complexion. He was driving an older, light tan van with white trim and rust along the bottom edges.

Snipped and italicized by me....

Interesting...

Andrew's mother said that at the time no one would believe them when the family tried to tell people about the attempt to kidnap her son. The Stearns County Sheriff's Department hadn't even informed the St. Joseph Police Department about that failed attempt until after Jacob was abducted three months later.

......Despite a considerable number of leads and witness statements, the man's identity was never determined.
In an unusual coincidence, the day of Jacob's abduction, October 22nd, happened to be Andrew's tenth birthday.

Also interesting...

One eleven-year-old boy said that a man in a similar looking van took his picture and then drove off. That incident happened about two weeks after the attempted abduction of Andrew. The boy said he had been fishing on a lake dock when he saw a van stop in front of the dock. The man leaned out the window and took the boy's picture.

“I turned around and looked at him and he backed up, turned and got the heck out of there,” the boy said.
He said the man had black hair and was holding glasses in his hand while he took the picture.

Noting Heinrich's propensity for taking pictures of young boys.... wonder what are the chances this or other pics of boys from the neighborhood, this time frame were found with Heinrich's pictures....

I see it differently .... the heat was on Heinrich , they had him under 24 hour surveillance , he was paranoid and afraid , that is why he stopped the attacks .

You can see and read some of the transcripts in this video from when he was secretly recorded.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/...terling-abduction-person-of-interest-in-1996/

I wish they would publish the whole interview.

26 years?

When we read the data on molesters that are not groomers, they increase their activities not become more benign.

This will add a new look at molesters if he can be analyzed.

That pic of a younger DJH looks like the guy in the van. But it does not look like the drawing that Jared made.

Is there a pic of DJH in 89? It seems like I remember seeing DJH in 89 picture on here?

26 years?

When we read the data on molesters that are not groomers, they increase their activities not become more benign.

This will add a new look at molesters if he can be analyzed.

Are you suggesting DH would have increased his activities if he knew he was under 24 hr surveillance ???

Are you suggesting DH would have increased his activities if he knew he was under 24 hr surveillance ???

He was not under surveillance for 26 years.

We do not know at all, but it appears that he did not continue to attack boys

From the 11/16/89 St. Paul Pioneer Press:

"Minnesota hasn't got a death penalty, but the kidnapper has been nominated for it once he hits the walls of Stillwater." - Stillwater Prison Inmate, Samuel Willis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67