Suspect: Daniel Heinrich - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip>

There were plenty of posters who focused on the wrong individuals as we sleuthed the case. Think of all the svh/Houtz theories, kevin did it theories, etc. People who were focused on for a long time, but who had nothing to do with Jacob at all. I know personally I moved from DR to Hollinger, to various priests, to Hart, and back to DR. Never even heard of Heinrich until helping ELOC with research and reading his books. It's part of the nature of sleuthing to suspect many different people until all are eliminated. So let's not be too rough on ourselves.

<modsnip>

There were plenty of posters who focused on the wrong individuals as we sleuthed the case. Think of all the svh/Houtz theories, kevin did it theories, etc. People who were focused on for a long time, but who had nothing to do with Jacob at all. I know personally I moved from DR to Hollinger, to various priests, to Hart, and back to DR. Never even heard of Heinrich until helping ELOC with research and reading his books. It's part of the nature of sleuthing to suspect many different people until all are eliminated. So let's not be too rough on ourselves.

Noone would ever know for sure until LE used prowess to get him to confess. I appreciate the honesty of your post Shergal.

I wonder if anyone has any insight on what causes a molester to turn into a murderer. Duane Hart had the most horrendous of childhoods.. He went on to suffer abuse in his teen and adult years. He was a cruel abuser himself. He abused Heinrich.

Heinrich may have only been abused by Hart. Heinrich did not appear to have the ability to groom kids. It makes me wonder as Hart could not have a glowing personality. Heinrich managed to keep jobs so he must have been somewhat stable whike working. He managed to keep a job during the recession years when I would think a poor disturbed worker could be traded in for a more stable one.

I hope that profiles can be made using info about him. To me, he does not fit the typical profile in that he kept a job for a long time and seems like he did not attack anymore kids.

I don't want the podcast to end! :scared: So glad they're doing an additional episode on DJH, hopefully tying up some loose ends and coming full circle. I'm pretty shocked at the crime statistics they were able to uncover for Stearns County as well.

I am sure of that. And for all the wrong reasons, IMHO. Not because he harmed or killed Jacob. No, moreso, because HE has had to live with what he had done. If he was affected by the Wetterlings all of those years, then, why did he not give them Jacob back and turn himself in? If he was affected and was a coward to turn himself in, why did he not make up for his heinous crimes by doing something good? He is a sick and evil monster. The whole bent of the piece is that he has suffered in keeping this secret. I wish he would go to jail and never see the light of day outside prison walls ever again. I guess I can't find any kindness in my heart toward him.

Yes, he was upset a thousand times. That is not even once a day for three years.

There's a warm place in hell for this . On some level, I do feel sorry for him, just as I do with all victims of sexual abuse. On the whole, it sounds like he had a rough upbringing, and that's sad.

That said, there are plenty of people who have experienced far more difficult life challenges than Heinrich, yet have managed to be productive citizens. Having a rough childhood does not excuse child murder. It is unfathomable how someone could kill a child and then watch news reports of the family's suffering, all the while knowing that he had the information that could have brought them answers. A person can't be much more morally bankrupt than that.

There's a warm place in hell for this . On some level, I do feel sorry for him, just as I do with all victims of sexual abuse. On the whole, it sounds like he had a rough upbringing, and that's sad.

That said, there are plenty of people who have experienced far more difficult life challenges than Heinrich, yet have managed to be productive citizens. Having a rough childhood does not excuse child murder. It is unfathomable how someone could kill a child and then watch news reports of the family's suffering, all the while knowing that he had the information that could have brought them answers. A person can't be much more morally bankrupt than that.
I can't feel sorry for him..at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Here is his 1990 booking pic. To me, looks nothing like the guy in the tan van

http://www.fox9.com/news/40737433-story

In the 1990 booking foto......he IS the guy in the cap-visually. VERY comparable. Prescient on the part of Jared and the sketch artist. The guy in the van with the glasses looks very much like DJH in an earlier foto of him with the big wide rim 80's glasses(sorry....I don't have the link of those fotos but they are available). I don't doubt he was the guy in the van and it would not surprise me if he was the culprit in many instances of other attempts of child abduction.

I am sure of that. And for all the wrong reasons, IMHO. Not because he harmed or killed Jacob. No, moreso, because HE has had to live with what he had done. If he was affected by the Wetterlings all of those years, then, why did he not give them Jacob back and turn himself in? If he was affected and was a coward to turn himself in, why did he not make up for his heinous crimes by doing something good? He is a sick and evil monster. The whole bent of the piece is that he has suffered in keeping this secret. I wish he would go to jail and never see the light of day outside prison walls ever again. I guess I can't find any kindness in my heart toward him.
I don't trust a thing he says. He's a liar. He's a killer. IMHO, the Wetterlings did the right thing: They put their son Jacob FIRST. And in doing so they found the truth for themselves and their Family. Whatever happens to DJH is beyond their control. I don't spend a moment worrying about DJH and his "suffering"......whether it be his childhood or his keeping of the secret of what happened to Jacob.....neither matters. What matters is that he crossed the line......the line from which one can never go back. He is beyond repair......and I am absolutely certain that he will pay in the end-his end.

In the 1990 booking foto......he IS the guy in the cap-visually. VERY comparable. Prescient on the part of Jared and the sketch artist. The guy in the van with the glasses looks very much like DJH in an earlier foto of him with the big wide rim 80's glasses(sorry....I don't have the link of those fotos but they are available). I don't doubt he was the guy in the van and it would not surprise me if he was the culprit in many instances of other attempts of child abduction.

I guess I am not very clear. His booking photo looks like the sketch Jared came up with

But the boy who had the attempted van abduction was around the same time.

The glasses one is from ninth grade. He looks like the van guy in his ninth grade picture.

But he does not look like the van guy which is about the same time as Jacob. He looks like the sketch Jared made

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...*advertiser censored*-in-plea-deal/ar-AAkzMyw

In court on Monday, Heinrich apologized to the Wetterlings, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

"The heinous acts of selfishness are unforgivable ... I'm so sorry," Heinrich said, according the Star Tribune.

"Today's sentencing marks the close of a sad chapter in Minnesota history. Danny Heinrich hurt countless lives, none more tragic than Jacob Wetterling," U.S. Attorney Andrew Luger said in a statement following the sentencing.

I guess I am not very clear. His booking photo looks like the sketch Jared came up with

Yup. I think the reporter took the liberty of trying to tie Heinrich to the abduction by putting the 9th grade photo of him next to the composite that Andrew put together. Heinrich's appearance definitely changed over the years, but I don't believe it's the same guy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61
Back