Suspect: Daniel Heinrich - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would love to elaborate on this right now but its been a long weekend to say the least . Perhaps the case files will provide more clarity ...

#hurry up and wait

It will be good to see some of the holes filled in as more information is released, but sometimes those plugs open up new holes. But it seems that's what this case has been all about for nearly 27 years - get some answers, find some new questions.

Will also be good to know more about the FBI agent from Oklahoma.

O/t, but I just had a picture of you walk on down the road in your third world country, looking for neighbors whose computers you could use. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have an internet cafe. I use my iPad . Then the big light went on---- duh---- I can use a dfferent computer that someone else is logged into. Internet cafe has 5 computers. Two with American keyboards and broken keys.

It's amazing that three civilians--Rob, Joy, and Jared, along with a defense investigator for Duane Hart--have played such a key role in Jacob's case. I am filled with admiration for your courage, your dogged pursuit of justice, and your intelligence.

It's amazing that three civilians--Rob, Joy, and Jared, along with a defense investigator for Duane Hart--have played such a key role in Jacob's case. I am filled with admiration for your courage, your dogged pursuit of justice, and your intelligence.

Thank you! I agree. I recently did a radio interview with WDAY, and I said something to the effect of the initial reaction was like "what in the world are amateurs doing messing around with a big case like this?", then eventually it turned to "how in the world are amateurs figuring this out?"

It's unfortunate that politics played into all this, but it's human nature I suppose. Biting the hand that feeds is simply unacceptable in my world, as is dishonesty.

There was only one reporter to challenge the status quo before 2015, and that was Trish VanPilsum. She dared to ask the questions and step on the toes of investigators and the JWRC ( and the head of the JWRC, who provided Trish with the leads, was promptly fired). There have been only three reporters to challenge the status quo since, and they are Liz Collin, Ellarry Prentice, and Madeleine Baran.

One of the things that investigators have been implying as of late, is that they had never lost sight of Heinrich, that they were just waiting for science to catch up to him. I'm not buying that at all. Look at the timeline here...why didn't they check Heinrich's DNA against the cap until 16 months after they checked it against Hart's DNA?

First post, but I've been pouring over this thread and others related to the case for the past several days. My understanding was that the DNA technology wasn't at a point until last year that they could develop a profile from it. As I understood it, it was a mixture of both JS's and DJH's and the technology just wasn't there quite yet to single out DJH's.

First post, but I've been pouring over this thread and others related to the case for the past several days. My understanding was that the DNA technology wasn't at a point until last year that they could develop a profile from it. As I understood it, it was a mixture of both JS's and DJH's and the technology just wasn't there quite yet to single out DJH's.

Welcome to Websleuths!

I believe that you're correct with regard to Jared's clothing, but the hat was tested 16 months earlier and compared to Duane Hart's DNA. It's right in the search warrant documents. Both Hart and Heinrich were classified as "Cannot be excluded" from being a contributor of the DNA. Stearns and BCA actually used this information as probable cause to obtain a search warrant on Duane Hart.

I believe that you're correct with regard to Jared's clothing, but the hat was tested 16 months earlier and compared to Duane Hart's DNA.

My mistake, I didn't read your post thoroughly. It's a chilling thought that this hat is a link between DH and DJH, as if they both wore it to commit their own offenses. I've been thinking a lot about the connection between the two of them, that he had dated his mother and molested him and his older brother, then when interviewed by investigators shortly after Jacob's disappearance, he essentially gave him up.

My mistake, I didn't read your post thoroughly. It's a chilling thought that this hat is a link between DH and DJH, as if they both wore it to commit their own offenses. I've been thinking a lot about the connection between the two of them, that he had dated his mother and molested him and his older brother, then when interviewed by investigators shortly after Jacob's disappearance, he essentially gave him up.

Actually, you may be correct in that DNA technology had to advance before they could test Heinrich's hair. In reading the warrant again today that's how I kinda see it. However, I still believe that LE basically forgot about Danny Heinrich, because otherwise there would be no reason to ever let him out of sight. The fact that LE overlooked the tire sizes when they went after DR is mind boggling and inexcusable, IMO. Also, not tailing him around the first anniversary.

Actually, you may be correct in that DNA technology had to advance before they could test Heinrich's hair. In reading the warrant again today that's how I kinda see it. However, I still believe that LE basically forgot about Danny Heinrich, because otherwise there would be no reason to ever let him out of sight. The fact that LE overlooked the tire sizes when they went after DR is mind boggling and inexcusable, IMO. Also, not tailing him around the first anniversary.

The US has a little problem as to crime. People cannot be under LE thumb . They needed more evidence which they tried to get and it did not work out. He was observed following some kids but that is not against the law.

He does not appear to be too bright, but whatever he did after Jacob did not alert criminal activity.

It is hard to imagine that he did not abuse more children, but unless someone comes forward, there is no evidence of that.

We do not live in Iran, for instance. Sometimes it seems like it would be great to put people in jail without evidence. But would it in the long run?

We also have since learned that he WAS monitored to some degree over the years. They knew when he switched jobs, when he moved, and tracked his movement by vehicle. He was shown to pretty much go between work and home.

I also know that when he was living across the elementary school in Benson , mn. ( about 15-20 years ago) He placed a phone call to local LE and stated that he had seen a suspicious man jump over the fence at the elementary school.
What was he doing ...checking out the response time or if any one would respond at all.... or maybe he was masking another attempted assault.
This information was passed on to investigators by another victim who was as passionate as myself in finding answers or leads in this case.
I feel one area were LE can do a better job regarding these types of cases is just a simple follow up with people providing relevant details in the case .

I was just told the other day that authorities believe that there where no other victims after jacob , i explained that not everything was thoughly reviewed yet, and ill be damed if im going to take Danny Heinrich's word for it .
There could very easily be another victim associated to all of this... Shame is a feeling that makes you shut sown, hold your head down , not talk about it, deny any association with it, and even repress it.
I've learned first hand that despite this being a high profile case , there are those who don't care to talk about it. And Why would they if statute of limitations existed, there's no reason ... right?

I also know that when he was living across the elementary school in Benson , mn. ( about 15-20 years ago) He placed a phone call to local LE and stated that he had seen a suspicious man jump over the fence at the elementary school.
What was he doing ...checking out the response time or if any one would respond at all.... or maybe he was masking another attempted assault.
This information was passed on to investigators by another victim who was as passionate as myself in finding answers or leads in this case.
I feel one area were LE can do a better job regarding these types of cases is just a simple follow up with people providing relevant details in the case .

I was just told the other day that authorities believe that there where no other victims after jacob , i explained that not everything was thoughly reviewed yet, and ill be damed if im going to take Danny Heinrich's word for it .
There could very easily be another victim associated to all of this... Shame is a feeling that makes you shut sown, hold your head down , not talk about it, deny any association with it, and even repress it.
I've learned first hand that despite this being a high profile case , there are those who don't care to talk about it. And Why would they if statute of limitations existed, there's no reason ... right?

You can count me among those who believe this story is not over yet. There are still many unanswered questions. The statutes of limitations may set a boundary for justice, but there are no boundaries for truth.

You can count me among those who believe this story is not over yet. There are still many unanswered questions. The statutes of limitations may set a boundary for justice, but there are no boundaries for truth.

Jared was the Benson PD aware that that this guy needed to be watched? DId Heinrich disclose just recently that he made the call?

No Not at the time , and i dont know if anyone has asked him directly if about the purpose of that call he made ... there were more details to focus on , than just this one

I hope that people come forward because shame is a killer. It is the cause of many issues in families. Shame is at the root of dysfunction. I don't think it can be emphasized enough that the target of an abuser is BLAMELESS no matter what the perv may say and no matter what the child may think.

Isn't that just special that he lived across from a school!

Hopefully people will come forward with anything they know so pieces can be put together.

Jared was the Benson PD aware that that this guy needed to be watched? DId Heinrich disclose just recently that he made the call?

I have several employees that would have attended that elementary school at that time, I will have to ask if there were warnings to the students of some suspicious person lurking that they were warned about.

Thank you! I agree. I recently did a radio interview with WDAY, and I said something to the effect of the initial reaction was like "what in the world are amateurs doing messing around with a big case like this?", then eventually it turned to "how in the world are amateurs figuring this out?"

It's unfortunate that politics played into all this, but it's human nature I suppose. Biting the hand that feeds is simply unacceptable in my world, as is dishonesty.

There was only one reporter to challenge the status quo before 2015, and that was Trish VanPilsum. She dared to ask the questions and step on the toes of investigators and the JWRC ( and the head of the JWRC, who provided Trish with the leads, was promptly fired). There have been only three reporters to challenge the status quo since, and they are Liz Collin, Ellarry Prentice, and Madeleine Baran.

Can you elaborate on how Trish Van Pilsum stepped on toes of investigators and the JWRC? What leads did the head of the JWRC supply? Just curious.

I'm having a really hard time believing that there aren't other victims of this SERIAL sexual predator. It's common sense. Seems to me LE wants to reassure the public to cover their *advertiser censored* again so that they don't look incompetent.

During last year's search of his home, they found several bins of boys clothing and news footage of JW's case and "other missing children". I keep wondering why this has not been addressed in detail to the public. What has been done to find out WHY he had these items in his home? This is not an open shut case!

Search warrant inventory (notable items) 7/27/16:
Small black/white skort - XS 4-5 - dresser drawer bedroom
Large and small photo of young female unclothed - photo album in closet
Misc. items of boys size clothing - living room closet
Four clear totes with boys athletic wear - TV room basement
Halloween mask - cabinet in garage
various boxes and bags of VHS and DVD, photos, film negatives, photo albums, memory cards, Ambico super telephoto lenses - throughout house

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2997634-Danny-Heinrich-Search-Warrant-Inventory-2015.html

I also find it impossible to believe that he stopped and was satisfed with photos.

For instance, I love Haagen Dasz ice cream. Over time Ihave learned that it has too many things that I should not eat.

Consequently, I do not buy it, I do not look at it. A picture of the container will not help. I confess that one time recently I had the opportunity to have some. Little by little, over the course of the day, I ate the whole pint .

I do not believe he can control the temptation.

However, if he is a smoker, his equipment will not work eventually. I wonder that happened, at what age, and if it affects what pervs do.

Can you elaborate on how Trish Van Pilsum stepped on toes of investigators and the JWRC? What leads did the head of the JWRC supply? Just curious.

Sure...I'm on the road today but will research this and post tonight or tomorrow night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWI
Back