Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess we know now about the suspect whose name and info was blacked out of the early search warrants:

Yep, sounds like him. Do we know *which* paragraph was blocked out? Since we have the search warrant now I think it might be interesting to see what its about.

I feel they have more on this guy in the JW abduction than they are saying right now. The fact that the family says they need the weekend to wrap their heads around this makes me think that LE is delaying releasing some info until the family can be together. does anyone know if Trevor is back from Colorado now? I wonder if they found blue sweatpants in the box of clothes and are awaiting test results. The guy kept Jared's jeans...maybe they found them too....?? What other reason would he have 4 tubs of kids clothes if they weren't trophies. It was never disclosed but I wonder if he took items of clothing from thePaynesville kids, ....if indeed he is the perp....I think the federal investigators sound pretty certain that they have the goods on this guy,why else would they say he is a POI in Jacobs case, they could have just tied him to Jared's case and let it at that.....I do not think the Feds give anymore info than is in their best interest....they want the public to come forward with what they know on this guy that is why they named him a POI at this time to build their case for an arrest or a lead to the body....you can rest assured they installed GPS on his car and have been watching every move he has made since the search warrant, trying to see if he might go to a place where the body is located.

I remember reading the interview with Jared when he was interviewed by joy Baker. Jared said some sort of prayers in the backseat. The abductor heard them. Maybe then the abductor had a change of heart. Perhaps JW resisted and saw his abductors face, who knows. At least Jared was spared.

I couldn't sleep last night, tossing and turning and thinking about that very thing. We can see from the search warrant records that the incidents escalated. I am thinking that Jacob may have resisted more than Jared. Jared complied. Perhaps Jacob did not and Heinrich finally acted on his threat to shoot his victim. It was also stated in the search warrant papers that LE had found some photographs of children in Heinrich's possession that he later told them he had burned. That makes me wonder if he burned Jacob's possessions so they would never be discovered. It is so creepy that they found taped material of children playing sports. Makes me think he was the one watching Jacob play hockey when Jacob's dad got that odd feeling that someone was watching them.

The search warrant tells us that the POI was interviewed several times, his current residence searched and that he was arrested. So, whatever we needed to know about his habits and dress seems like it should have been known then. I think the missing link, again, was something solid linking him to the attack.

I do not think the Feds give anymore info than is in their best interest....they want the public to come forward with what they know on this guy that is why they named him a POI at this time to build their case for an arrest or a lead to the body....

While we know now that DJH was interviewed and evidently arrested at the time; there’s no telling how well that was known or how seriously it was taken at the time by the general public, including those who knew him to some degree or another. Not impossible, with the current circumstances that some who knew him at or around the time this occurred could come forward with some information concerning his actions and/or something that he may have said around the time or since, that could be relevant. Possibly even family members, who at the time didn’t think he was capable of such a thing, and/or, didn’t want to implicate him if it turned out that he had been innocent, may re-think and come forward with something. Just possible….

I cannot help but wonder how someone gets so sick and if DJH was molested as a kid. His parents were divorced. Did Mom remarry or have a boyfriend that abused him?

I wonder what experience this guy had in 7th grade when he was young? Certainly no excuse, but the repeated use of the yearbook photos for morphing, the collection of clothes that size, a sexual fixation on boys and obviously male genitalia at that beginning puberty stage suggests that something possibly happened (either a bad or good experience) when DJH was around that same chronological development. I'd love to know what people who were associated with him at that time have to say about his demeanor, personality, actions.

I feel they have more on this guy in the JW abduction than they are saying right now. The fact that the family says they need the weekend to wrap their heads around this makes me think that LE is delaying releasing some info until the family can be together. does anyone know if Trevor is back from Colorado now? I wonder if they found blue sweatpants in the box of clothes and are awaiting test results. The guy kept Jared's jeans...maybe they found them too....?? What other reason would he have 4 tubs of kids clothes if they weren't trophies. It was never disclosed but I wonder if he took items of clothing from thePaynesville kids, ....if indeed he is the perp....I think the federal investigators sound pretty certain that they have the goods on this guy,why else would they say he is a POI in Jacobs case, they could have just tied him to Jared's case and let it at that.....I do not think the Feds give anymore info than is in their best interest....they want the public to come forward with what they know on this guy that is why they named him a POI at this time to build their case for an arrest or a lead to the body....you can rest assured they installed GPS on his car and have been watching every move he has made since the search warrant, trying to see if he might go to a place where the body is located.

I worked with the FBI (I am NOT a Federal Agent) years ago, and they are meticulous in gathering information. They take their time, even if takes a year, in building a case...trust me all their t's are crossed and all their i's are dotted. If the Feds have you, they have you!! I am by no means an expert, but I do remember that they were very open to offering deals in exchange for information.

I agree,I think this is just the tip of the iceberg!

I'm confused here. I think we have too many "DH"s. I'm pretty sure it was DAH (Hart) that jared could not identify in a lineup. DJH (Heinrich) was not ever in a lineup that I'm aware of?

This has probably already been clarified. I am trying to catch up. But yes, Heinrich was in a line up. Jared identified two men out of the line up as potential perps. Heinrich was one of the men that he identified. He was asked to rate them on a scale of 1 - 10 as to how strongly he thought the potential was for those two to be the perp. He rated Heinrich as a 4, I believe. He rated the other guy higher than he rated Heinrich. I will try to find a link to verify this. I believe it was in the criminal complaint papers. I will check and add link if I can locate it.

<modsnip>

Its scary to think how many years this guy has been roaming freely. He is incurable and needs locked up forever.

I haven't really been following what's been going on with the Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP) but unfortunately it looks like a lot of the 'people' there are going to be let out Some (not all) really do need to be locked up forever.

MSOP started in 1991 and was supposed to be for further treatment of sex offenders. if you go https://coms.doc.state.mn.us/PublicViewer/main.asp and select a letter for first name then ctrl + f for 'civil commit' that's where those offenders are... in the sex offender treatment place.

This has probably already been clarified. I am trying to catch up. But yes, Heinrich was in a line up. Jared identified two men out of the line up as potential perps. Heinrich was one of the men that he identified. He was asked to rate them on a scale of 1 - 10 as to how strongly he thought the potential was for those two to be the perp. He rated Heinrich as a 4, I believe. He rated the other guy higher than he rated Heinrich. I will try to find a link to verify this. I believe it was in the criminal complaint papers. I will check and add link if I can locate it.

Yes, it came from the search warrant which I posted a few posts back. That same document stated that the POI was treated at the adolescent unit of the Willmar facility. That facility describes itself as:

"... From these meager beginnings, WRTC has grown to a full service resi-dential treatment center providing programs for not only chemically dependent individuals but also the acute mentally ill, the chronic mentally ill, emotionally disturbed adolescents, developmentally disabled clients and geriatric patients with mental illness."

willmar.jpg

He says Danny never owned a gun....one of the docs yesterday reference a pistol, silver, found during a search
Which document is that? Just wondering b/c the gun used in the abduction was silver. If it was manufactured before 1990 that would be interesting. Also, there could be ballistics value in that.

A "4" and a "7"
from pg 8: http://www.scribd.com/doc/287785448/103015-N-fns-Wetterling-heinrichSearchWarrant

dh7.JPG

I hope DR is exonerated quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I hope they can unseal the search warrant / probable cause on the farm so we can know why investigating him led to such sustained long-term concern.

It's really hitting me right now how much hope the Wetterlings had, hope which is now being dashed. It wasn't blind hope. They are too smart for that. But there were reasons to keep an outcome with a live Jacob in the realm of possibility. I'm so sorry for them now, and hope they can learn what happened and then finally grieve completely. They needed answers, but getting them is going to be painful.

T4tide said:
I wonder what experience this guy had in 7th grade when he was young? Certainly no excuse, but the repeated use of the yearbook photos for morphing, the collection of clothes that size, a sexual fixation on boys and obviously male genitalia at that beginning puberty stage suggests that something possibly happened (either a bad or good experience) when DJH was around that same chronological development. I'd love to know what people who were associated with him at that time have to say about his demeanor, personality, actions.

Going through public records, he was in some kind of facility or treatment around that age. I've also looked closely at all the places he lived. Single mother dynamic. Attention to detail and cleanliness. Organized. He is shaping up to look awfully similar to an ASP. I think it is unlikely that he murdered an 11 year-old boy and suddenly reversed this behavior.

Edit: Oh, and as far as what people said about him. Normal, nice guy. The usual blue-collar guy next door. Moved around a lot, changed jobs a lot. Sometimes lost his temper. A recluse.

i think i recall reading it was the Wilmar regional treatment center. Now that place is a drug and alcohol treatment center. If it was back then, and that is what he was there, middle school is pretty young to have such a problem with that that you need to be forced into treatment for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey