Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here, have followed the JEW case over the years and with each anniversary catch up on reading this thread. I registered to comment and then BAM, the news broke about Dan Heinrich.

I am not sure of all the rules to web sleuthing so please forgive me if I break any. All posts are my opinion unless sources are linked.

I read the federal indictment and agree with others that Heinrich is the guy. A quick search on facebook led me to his brother (TH, named in the indictment) and what I found interesting was the person not pictured in any of his family photos. Dan is completely missing from all family events.

I think that Jacob was either passed along in a ring or murdered. What was different in Jacob's kidnapping - a few things. One, the police were called within 10 minutes and they were on the scene 6 minutes later. I think DR reported seeing flashlights near his wood pile, seeing the blue car with a woman covering her face, and hearing a car screech. To me that sounds like he had his vehicle parked on DR's property, heard about the 911 call on his scanner, and took off. In the federal indictment I think it said he had Jared cover his face as he drove out of cold springs.

The bins of clothing found in July and pictures of children included some from the national registry... I think they hit the 'jackpot' with this guy. Does anyone know about Johnny Gosch, Eugene Wade Martin, and Marc James Warren Allen - missing newspaper boys from Des Moinse, 1982, 84, & 86? Could these all be related? In the Federal Indictment of DH there is video footage of him setting up a hidden camera, placing a coin, and watching newspaper boys bend over to pick the coin up.

Who is he sharing these videos with? God, I can't help but think those bins of clothing are souvenirs.

Where was he prior to 1988? He would have been around 25 in '88, wondering where he lived from age 18 on?

Those thoughts have crossed my mind as well. The Other newspaper boys, a pedophile ring, bins of clothes being trophies.
ODD that Dan H. is missing from photos of the family. Anyone KNOW anything about this or why?
Welcome Posting:goodpost:
I'm new here, have followed the JEW case over the years and with each anniversary catch up on reading this thread. I registered to comment and then BAM, the news broke about Dan Heinrich.

I am not sure of all the rules to web sleuthing so please forgive me if I break any. All posts are my opinion unless sources are linked.

I read the federal indictment and agree with others that Heinrich is the guy. A quick search on facebook led me to his brother (TH, named in the indictment) and what I found interesting was the person not pictured in any of his family photos. Dan is completely missing from all family events.

I think that Jacob was either passed along in a ring or murdered. What was different in Jacob's kidnapping - a few things. One, the police were called within 10 minutes and they were on the scene 6 minutes later. I think DR reported seeing flashlights near his wood pile, seeing the blue car with a woman covering her face, and hearing a car screech. To me that sounds like he had his vehicle parked on DR's property, heard about the 911 call on his scanner, and took off. In the federal indictment I think it said he had Jared cover his face as he drove out of cold springs.

The bins of clothing found in July and pictures of children included some from the national registry... I think they hit the 'jackpot' with this guy. Does anyone know about Johnny Gosch, Eugene Wade Martin, and Marc James Warren Allen - missing newspaper boys from Des Moinse, 1982, 84, & 86? Could these all be related? In the Federal Indictment of DH there is video footage of him setting up a hidden camera, placing a coin, and watching newspaper boys bend over to pick the coin up.

Who is he sharing these videos with? God, I can't help but think those bins of clothing are souvenirs.

I would like to know if Heinrich is still denying taking Jared, despite the dna match and the expiration of the statute to charge him for it. Is this man capable of coming honest with the truth against him?

Where was he prior to 1988? He would have been around 25 in '88, wondering where he lived from age 18 on?
Well, we know for sure as far back as August 1986, he was living in Paynesville with his mother, then moved to his father's basement in November 1989. Everything I've read seems to indicate he was in the area all of his life.

Welcome, btw. :)

Do you think someone..ANYONE in Heinrichs personal life ( close family member, maybe?) noticed anything unusual throughout the years?
I have heard a couple news reports saying neighbors thought he was a decent/quiet guy.
I'm just wondering about family and such. Assaults, Abduction, the sketch, the FBI profile, the BINS of BOYS clothes and the BINDERS of CHILD *advertiser censored*, him moving within weeks of Jacobs abduction and those closest to him do not say a word/notice a thing? Thoughts?

Do you think someone..ANYONE in Heinrichs personal life ( close family member, maybe?) noticed anything unusual throughout the years?
Yes. And yes, I think he was a nice guy ... most of the time.

Anyone have an idea what type of work he performed at his jobs?

This is what I've pieced together from the affidavit:

Jan 18, 1989 - was employed at Master Mark Plastics in Albany, MN.

Detectives observed his 1987 Mercury Topaz in the parking lot.

Oct 8, 1989 - his last day at Fingerhut in St. Cloud (about four miles from DR's residence).

Did he come across Jacob's neighborhood by trolling the area after work in the evenings? Or did he do any driving for job?

Nov 12, 1989 - started a job at Northstar Mailing in St. Paul.

Recently, he worked at Buffalo Veneer and Plywood.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/wjon.com/files/2015/10/DanielHeinrichIndictment-Optimized.pdf

http://m.startribune.com/new-developments-to-be-announced-in-wetterling-case/338399961/

Oct 8, 1989 - his last day at Fingerhut in St. Cloud (about four miles from DR's residence).

Did he come across Jacob's neighborhood by trolling the area after work in the evenings? Or did he do any driving for job?

Nov 22, 1989 - started a job at Northstar Mailing in St. Paul.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/wjon.com/files/2015/10/DanielHeinrichIndictment-Optimized.pdf

http://m.startribune.com/new-developments-to-be-announced-in-wetterling-case/338399961/

Exactly one month after the abduction and he has went from living in various places in west central mn to vanishing himself into the twin cities. That is interesting.

Exactly one month after the abduction and he has went from living in various places in west central mn to vanishing himself into the twin cities. That is interesting.
In November 1989, he also moved from his mother's apartment to his father's basement. He was still in Paynesville, so not a big move, but a move nonetheless.

In November 1989, he also moved from his mother's apartment to his father's basement. He was still in Paynesville, so not a big move, but a move nonetheless.

So if he moved from his mothers apartment to his fathers basement in Nov 89, did he quickly leave his fathers basement to go live and work in St Paul? Or was he commuting back and forth from paynesville to St. Paul?

So if he moved from his mothers apartment to his fathers basement in Nov 89, did he quickly leave his fathers basement to go live and work in St Paul? Or was he commuting back and forth from paynesville to St. Paul?

North Star Mailing was in St. Cloud

ns.JPG

North Star Mailing was in St. Cloud

attachment.php
The address I found is in Golden Valley, but showed up as St. Paul on the map. But perhaps he was working at a satellite site, or the company has relocated. Regardless, it's the changes in his situation that are telling.

"Did he come across Jacob's neighborhood by trolling the area after work in the evenings? Or did he do any driving for job?"

This is a very good question and I'll show you why. There is actually a local service road right out of fingerhut that will take you straight across CO RD 75 and put you right at Tom Thumb.

Fingerhut to Tom Thumb to Abduction site.png

No. He still was living at his father's house on January 24, 1990, when a search warrant was served on the residence. On February 9, 1990, he was arrested on probable cause for the kidnapping and assault of JNS, but eventually was released without being charged. So, at least until that point, he was living with his father.

"Did he come across Jacob's neighborhood by trolling the area after work in the evenings? Or did he do any driving for job?"

This is a very good question and I'll show you why. There is actually a local service road right out of fingerhut that will take you straight across CO RD 75 and put you right at Tom Thumb.

attachment.php

That's very interesting. Thanks!

There was mention of some other unsolved cases that may be answered with DJH. How would they know this? Would it be the local assault victims or national missing persons? I am blown away by all the evidence they had against him and can not believe that DR has been POI for so long. That being said, there was no way to make DJH feel comfortable without having someone else named. I wonder if DR went along willingly to help. And How did they identify the other victims that they are suggesting? Did the assault victims give up a piece of clothing? is there clothing of known missing boys in those bins? I hope that these families can get some answers and closure.

It has been a while since I last commented on here but I have never stopped following this case. I seem to remember a story about an anonymous woman who called into a tip line not too long after Jacob was taken and she seemed to know details of the abduction that had not been made public but she hung up the phone before giving away the identity of the perp. After that phone call LE and Patty Wetterling made a public plea for this woman to please call back but she never did (I wish I could find the link to that story!) I wonder if that anonymous woman was Daniel Heinrich's mother? he was living with her at the time of the abduction after all.

A couple of interesting points here

1. If this date is accurate, it means his last work day at Fingerhut was a Sunday. I wonder if he ever did any trolling there on weekends.

2. If he lost his job that could be a "stressor" that triggered escalation of his MO. Note that the car he used in Jareds assault had been repossessed, so it's apparent he had money problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member